Devin

Artists  

408 members have voted

1. 1. Most Classics?

• Rihanna
    • Taylor Swift
    • Katy Perry

1 minute ago, Raspberries said:

No, it isn't actually :deadbanana2: That still doesn't change the fact that it took Rihanna 7 albums to get a #1, despite selling her album Rated R for the price of a stick of gum its first week :rip: 

Rihanna had non #1 peaking albums that ended up 6X-7X Platinum… and she did that without inflating her debut numbers with multiple variants of the same album… which is why her albums never scored -80% drops on Billboard in their second week. Go figure

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raspberries

• airplane

• lonnie

• Axelios

9 hours ago, Raspberries said:

But she and her label 1000% knew those collaborations would drive up her single sales. The only exception is Jay Z because we all know he discovered her and I'm sure every time he asked, she obliged. 

Are these the voices in your head talking? The way you’re claiming all this bullshit to be true in your head is screaming delusional. If you seriously think Jay Z had any control over her like that, you’re crazy

Edited by airplane

7 minutes ago, airplane said:

Rihanna had non #1 peaking albums that ended up 6X-7X Platinum… and she did that without inflating her debut numbers with multiple variants of the same album… which is why her albums never scored -80% drops on Billboard in their second week. Go figure

Rihanna's highest certified album, Good Girl Gone Bad, sold less than 3M pure domestically which is not good for a 2007 release. Not to mention it needed EIGHT singles, a re-release and a remix album to get there :deadbanana: Midnights will literally outsell it in pure sales and that album came out in 2022 :toofunny3: 

Rihanna albums have absolutely 0 longevity sans ANTI, hence 0 of her albums other than it making it to 100 weeks on the BB200 pre-Super Bowl :toofunny3:  not everyone can effortless get multiple 200+ week charting albums like Taylor Swift

Edited by Raspberries
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

Rihanna albums have absolutely 0 longevity sans ANTI, hence 0 of her albums other than it making it to 100 weeks on the BB200 pre-Super Bowl :toofunny3: 

Welll…. the streaming numbers will tell you that isn’t true. Mind you, these are decade old albums. Also, because GGGB was such a global album, it still accumulates most of its units from outside the US. I don’t expect you to relate to that though because your fave sold 70% of her albums within the US (per chartmasters)

Good Girl Gone Bad: ~approximately 200 weeks in the UK alone.

Edited by airplane

7 minutes ago, airplane said:

Welll…. the streaming numbers will tell you that isn’t true. Mind you, these are decade old albums. Also, because GGGB was such a global album, it still accumulates most of its units from outside the US. I don’t expect you to relate to that though because your fave sold 70% of her albums within the US (per chartmasters)

Good Girl Gone Bad was such a global album. Definitely more global than any Taylor album. Except for the fact that 1989 sold more than GGGB in: North America, Asia and Oceania :rip: And that's despite 1989 coming out in a much worse sales climate. Even Fearless outsold GGGB in those markets - and it's a country album :rip: Congrats on Europe though! Thats what happens when you make clubby dance pop

Can you compile a list of countries that GGGB is currently charting in on their official charts? 

Edited by Raspberries
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Some people mocking an ATRL poll while posting on the 17th page of said poll :rip:

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, airplane said: 

Good Girl Gone Bad: ~approximately 200 weeks in the UK alone.

So less than 1989 despite GGGB coming out 7 years prior? :rip: 

42 minutes ago, rihannafan said:

Some people mocking an ATRL poll while posting on the 17th page of said poll :rip:

that user is literally an obsessed Rihanna Hater but it won’t change the fact that his fave barely has hits, let alone classics that are known outside of her fanbase. That’s like saying bts songs are hits and classics (when they’re fan-driven #1’s)

Edited by airplane
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, rihannafan said:

And they're literally mass voting and breaking their keyboards on those ATRL polls so that's funny

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Raspberries said:

More bragging about ATRL polls :dies: If only it were that easy for Rihanna to get a #1 around this time last year 

Lift Me Up debuted with more points than many #1 hits from the past year and that was a soundtrack that most of her fanbase didn't care for lmao

Not even the Barbie singles went #1... in fact they didn't even reach the top 5

• Thanks 1

That swiftie still going despite getting clocked at every turn :deadbanana4:

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Lift Me Up debuted with more points than many #1 hits from the past year and that was a soundtrack that most of her fanbase didn't care for lmao

Not even the Barbie singles went #1... in fact they didn't even reach the top 5

I would certainly hope so with 9 separate YouTube uploads, 2 versions to stream and 5 versions to buy on top of one of the biggest radio deals in history :rip:  No wonder it sunk like a rock and limped to 20 weeks. Not to mention those 3 big Barbie songs have all already outstreamed Lift Me Up - and one of them has minimal airplay 

Edited by Raspberries
  • Like 1

This is still going? The Navy getting clocked endlessly to the point that all they do is reply with “but the poll!!!1!1!” and repeating their delusions of Taylor having no hits or classics despite all evidence in every metric pointing to the contrary :deadbanana2: give it up Deelishis 

OT: it’s Taylor and every form of data we have literally shows she has the strongest classics 

:ryan3:

• Thumbs Down 2

17 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

I would certainly hope so with 9 separate YouTube uploads, 2 versions to stream and 5 versions to buy on top of one of the biggest radio deals in history :rip:  No wonder it sunk like a rock and limped to 20 weeks. Not to mention those 3 big Barbie songs have all already outstreamed Lift Me Up - and one of them has minimal airplay 

The nerve of you to talk about multiple versions and radio deals when ME! literally had a 62M airplay debut and look what you made me do has the single biggest drop in airplay (stumbling from #5-20). And don’t get me started on the dozens of versions and remixes her singles and albums have. :rip:

Edited by airplane
  • Like 1

Clinging onto lift me up won’t change the fact that Taylor’s highest certified hit in the US and Europe since 2014 was sung by Rihanna.

1 hour ago, Raspberries said:

Congrats on Europe though! Thats what happens when you make clubby dance pop

your fave has been a non-factor in the continent and it took her 18 years and a dozen albums to finally make some noise in Europe… so it’s understandable why you’d want to downplay it.

9 minutes ago, airplane said:

The nerve of you to talk about multiple versions and radio deals when ME! literally had a 62M airplay debut and look what you made me do has the single biggest drop in airplay (stumbling from #5-20). And don’t get me started on the dozens of versions and remixes her singles and albums have. :rip:

Look What You Made Me Do broke all kinds of streaming records. Who gives a **** about radio :rip: 

Lift Me Up week 1 had 9 YouTube uploads, 5 versions available to purchase, 2 versions available to stream on Spotify/AM and one of the biggest radio deals in history. And it still tanked and is erased. It's already doing less daily than ME!, one of the most hated and poorly received singles in recent memory :rip: 

Edited by Raspberries
  • Haha 1

Just now, airplane said:

your fave has been a non-factor in the continent and it took her 18 years and a dozen albums to finally make some noise in Europe… so it’s understandable why you’d want to downplay it.

Kind of like how Rihanna has never made any noise with albums or tours in Oceania or SE Asia? :rip: 

Just now, Raspberries said:

Look What You Made Me Do broke all kinds of streaming records. Who gives a **** about radio :rip: 

Lift Me Up week 1 has 9 YouTube loads, 5 versions available to purchase, 2 versions available to stream on Spotify/AM and one of the biggest radio deals in history. And it still tanked and is erased. It's already doing less daily than ME!, one of the most hated and poorly received singles in recent memory :rip: 

So you don’t care about radio now that i’ve brought up the fact that your fave has had radio deals in the past with unrealistic debuts 😂

ME! was performing tragically until the very recent album bombs.. it peaked at #2, debuted with 63M on youtube (literally broke a record) and ended up stalling at 400M. The whole lover album has resurged thanks to taylor’s bi-weekly album drops so it’s not surprising that it’s outdoing a standalone soundtrack single which was only promoted in week 1.

6 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

Kind of like how Rihanna has never made any noise with albums or tours in Oceania or SE Asia? :rip: 

Except she has. All you do is pull **** out of your ass

Asia[60][61]
September 13, 2013 Cotai Macau Cotai Arena GTA 24,872 / 24,872 $2,909,479
September 14, 2013
September 19, 2013 Pasay Philippines Mall of Asia Arena 8,118 / 9,743 $810,543
September 22, 2013[m] Singapore Padang
Oceania[61]
September 24, 2013 Perth Australia Perth Arena GTA 13,222 / 13,222 $1,535,953
September 26, 2013 Adelaide Adelaide Entertainment Centre 9,281 / 9,281 $1,037,041
September 28, 2013 Brisbane Brisbane Entertainment Centre 12,116 / 12,116 $1,341,098
September 30, 2013 Melbourne Rod Laver Arena 24,017 / 24,017 $2,749,982
October 1, 2013
October 3, 2013 Sydney Allphones Arena 30,361 / 30,361 $3,449,021
October 4, 2013
October 6, 2013 Auckland New Zealand Vector Arena 33,565 / 33,565 $3,377,624
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, airplane said:

So you don’t care about radio now that i’ve brought up the fact that your fave has had radio deals in the past with unrealistic debuts 😂

ME! was performing tragically until the very recent album bombs.. it peaked at #2, debuted with 63M on youtube (literally broke a record) and ended up stalling at 400M. The whole lover album has resurged thanks to taylor’s bi-weekly album drops so it’s not surprising that it’s outdoing a standalone soundtrack single which was only promoted in week 1.

Taylor has had radio deals. But bringing up LWYMMD, a song that was a gigantic smash out the gate on every streaming platform and digital sales outlet, probably wasn't the best comparison to Lift Me Up, a song that bombed catastrophically on every metric but radio :rip: 

Lover's latest single is going to be more streamed than any Rihanna song ever recorded and you're still

whining about the re-recordings :rip: 

Edited by Raspberries

5 minutes ago, airplane said:

Except she has. All you do is pull **** out of your ass

Asia[60][61]
September 13, 2013 Cotai Macau Cotai Arena GTA 24,872 / 24,872 $2,909,479
September 14, 2013
September 19, 2013 Pasay Philippines Mall of Asia Arena 8,118 / 9,743 $810,543
September 22, 2013[m] Singapore Padang
Oceania[61]
September 24, 2013 Perth Australia Perth Arena GTA 13,222 / 13,222 $1,535,953
September 26, 2013 Adelaide Adelaide Entertainment Centre 9,281 / 9,281 $1,037,041
September 28, 2013 Brisbane Brisbane Entertainment Centre 12,116 / 12,116 $1,341,098
September 30, 2013 Melbourne Rod Laver Arena 24,017 / 24,017 $2,749,982
October 1, 2013
October 3, 2013 Sydney Allphones Arena 30,361 / 30,361 $3,449,021
October 4, 2013
October 6, 2013 Auckland New Zealand Vector Arena 33,565 / 33,565 $3,377,624

Bragging about piddly ass 8-10k arenas now :rip: Taylor did those size arenas in Europe, even with Speak Now. If you're using that as proof that SE Asia and Oceania used Rihanna, then your Europe drag for Taylor is null and void, especially considering those tour dates are from Rihanna's 5th concert tour after 7 albums of material :rip: 

Edited by Raspberries

7 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

Taylor has had radio deals. But bringing up LWYMMD, a song that was a gigantic smash out the gate on every streaming platform and digital sales outlet, probably wasn't the best comparison to Lift Me Up, a song that bombed catastrophically on every metric but radio :rip: 

LWYMMD literally tanked (#5-20) on Pop Radio and only spent 3 weeks at the top. A frontloaded smash out of the gate indeed.

Lover's latest single is going to be more streamed than any Rihanna song ever recorded in history and you're still

whining about the re-recordings :rip: 

Welll…. Maybe because the re-recordings are the reason why Lover’s latest single is going to be more streamed than any Rihanna song ever, dickbrain. Was anyone using that song in 2019 when it dropped? No

Edited by airplane
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.