Which hitmaker has the most classics?

Devin

Artists  

408 members have voted

1. 1. Most Classics?

• Rihanna
    • Taylor Swift
    • Katy Perry

Now they are talking about spamming albums as if Rihanna didn't do that most of her career and that too studio albums :deadbanana4:

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raspberries

• airplane

• lonnie

• Axelios

25 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Yes, a 2008 song doing 1M daily streams or 2014 song doing 2M daily streams basically show that they are classics. 

Love Story - 1.574M 

The songs below - 1.521M 

But you are free to convince yourself that Taylor has "2 classics" while those songs with 150k daily streams are real classics

lip-gloss-girl.gif

Why do you keep mentioning Bey, is this supposed to be a drag?  So these classics Tay has are bigger than Thriller, IWALY, Purple Rain etc because they get more streams? I don’t think so. You know they ain’t too! 

spacer.png

Just now, Shelter said:

So these classics Tay has are bigger than Thriller, IWALY, Purple Rain etc because they get more streams?

The funny thing is that, Billie Jean is outstreaming every Beyonce song daily, including her recent "hit" Cuff it. Really the MPG with least classics by far :rip:

3 minutes ago, Shelter said:

is this supposed to be a drag?

I don't have to drag anything, the numbers drag themselves 

lip-gloss-girl.gif

6 hours ago, airplane said:

Nobody really cares for Taylor's discography in the GP... you won't see the masses getting excited for her like they did for Rihanna's superbowl because the GP knows Rihanna's hits and classics by heart. You need to make noise outside of your fanbase, resonate with the GP and score organic non-frontloaded hits to be regarded as a hitmaker.... no 39 cent bombs allowed.

The answer is obviously rihanna... who scored her hits when Billboard was fraud-free... and she did that without needing multiple remixes or versions to keep her songs afloat on the top.

When was this time period please? :rip:

4 hours ago, Raspberries said:

Why didn't this strategy work for Rihanna?

it did though… rihanna was like the top 2 pirated artists… you can’t be any older than 17 :rip:

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, fentypark said:

it did though… rihanna was like the top 2 pirated artists… you can’t be any older than 17 :rip:

Bragging about piracy :bibliahh:

No, it did not work. She sold her quick little $1.29 singles and that's it 

Rihanna has more global classics than both combined if we're being honest

Pon De Replay
Unfaithful

Umbrella

Don't Stop the Music

Take a Bow

Disturbia

Rude Boy

Only Girl (In the World)

What's My Name?

S&M

We Found Love

Diamonds

Stay

Work

Needed Me

Love on the Brain

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Raspberries said:

You mean like Rihanna did back when she was being forced to record music? :deadbanana: The only difference is that Taylor's music she's putting out is acclaimed by critics and the GP, winning awards, allowing her to launch ginormous tours, etc while nobody cared about Rihanna outside of her $1.29 singles. The dozens of GroupOn deals for the Loud Tour and the failure to sell out arenas during ANTI are all over the internet for you to find 

She went to folklore/evermore because she is an artist and can do what she wants musically. That's what happens when you write, compose and create your own music and don't rely on label heads and teams of A&R people to secure you various demos being passed around

988993d8579519f2c905d4ea4af55387_w200.gi

Is there any particular reason that you skip over The Diamonds World tour? Which was 99.7% sold out with stadiums included where Rihanna also became the youngest artist to have sold-out shows held at Millennium Stadium (June 10, 2013) and Twickenham Stadium (June 15 & 16, 2013). At this time she also made history in Johannesburg at the FNB Stadium where she became the first female and youngest artist to sell out the stadium.

And oh my! An inoffensive bland master-less "songwriter" that benefits from white privilege and having her Father buy her connections during her adolescence is successful... color me surprised? Gays to Burn is an example of when you have too many yes men around and not enough people to help you hide your true Tennessee Tanged homophobia. Her losing her masters is a blatant example of pure stupidity.

Rihanna can clearly go start multiple successful business ventures and a family :eli: yet still have the world begging for R9 and getting excited over any article that claims she is returning even when she hasn't said a word.

Speaking of "forced"... who forced Taylor to cover Rihanna's hit songs back when she was a Banjo Bumpkin? 

Meanwhile Rihanna has never so much as acknowledged your fav besides the time she gave Taylor one of her biggest songs ever. Somehow the Swifties have said everything in the world besides what they should be saying which is "thank you". 

Your fav admires Rihanna, as she should. I mean... just look at her staring at one of greatest hitmakers of all time. Right behind her just like the Hot 100 :smitten2:

spacer.png

Edited by ImsoLOUD
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, Shelter said:

I didn’t ask for streams. Is that what you think makes a classic. Cute 

I had to see the 7. Do you actually believe those are classics because :deadbanana2: 

spacer.png

If your so called classics are not remembered by gp ( indicated by their music consumption stats ) how can you consider them classics… because all of classics are songs that are relatively popular generation later and only objective way to check that is their consumption, either their recurrent airplay , which is irrelevant nowadays, their digital sales , which is non existent these days , or their recurrent streams , which is by far the predominant medium of music consumption 

1 hour ago, Raspberries said:

Bragging about piracy :bibliahh:

No, it did not work. She sold her quick little $1.29 singles and that's it 

nobody is bragging. it’s well known that rihanna has orders more (several orders of magnitude) black/POC fans than taylor. those fans are less likely to have disposable income to spend on music so they illegally downloaded the music… but i am curious to know if we would only hear a handful of neurons moving around if we shook your head :foxaylove2:

Edited by fentypark

40 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

The Diamonds World Tour is Rihanna's only semi-successful world tour. Yes, for her standards, it did well. It is her highest grossing tour. However, it would be Taylor's 4th highest-grossing tour, Beyonce's 4th, Gaga's 3rd, etc. etc. Why is it that Rihanna cannot tour as well as her contemporaries. Hell, even Katy ******* Perry managed to grab a $200M tour. Rihanna hasn't even managed to grab a $150M one

42 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

And oh my! An inoffensive bland master-less "songwriter" that benefits from white privilege and having her Father buy her connections during her adolescence is successful... color me surprised? Gays to Burn is an example of when you have too many yes men around and not enough people to help you hide your true Tennessee Tanged homophobia. Her losing her masters is a blatant example of pure stupidity.

Please stop trying to drag Taylor on a moral ground. As I stated before, we have gone back and forth in several threads where you refuse to acknowledge Rihanna's racism towards Asians. We're not derailing this one either

43 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

Rihanna can clearly go start multiple successful business ventures and a family :eli: yet still have the world begging for R9 and getting excited over any article that claims she is returning even when she hasn't said a word.

Yes, we know Rihanna has successful business ventures. She looked for any way out of music since it didn't financially secure her and she is not a musician. This is what happens when you are forced to continually do what your label tells you, told what to record, told who to work with, etc. That is what happens when you do not write, compose, produce, play instruments, etc.

44 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

Speaking of "forced"... who forced Taylor to cover Rihanna's hit songs back when she was a Banjo Bumpkin? 

There is more live instrument playing in that 90 second video of Taylor playing Take A Bow than there is from Rihanna in 18 years worth of performances

46 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

Meanwhile Rihanna has never so much as acknowledged your fav besides the time she gave Taylor one of her biggest songs ever. Somehow the Swifties have said everything in the world besides what they should be saying which is "thank you". 

Why would Taylor or her fans thank Rihanna for anything? Taylor is the one who wrote and composed the song :deadbanana: Taylor has multiple songs that have moved more units than TIWWCF. 

49 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

Your fav admires Rihanna, as she should. I mean... just look at her staring at one of greatest hitmakers of all time. Right behind her just like the Hot 100 :smitten2:

spacer.png

Capture.png

How soon you little MUAs forget

12 minutes ago, fentypark said:

nobody is bragging. it’s well known that rihanna has orders of magnitude more black/POC fans than taylor. those fans are less likely to have disposable income to spend on music so they illegally downloaded the music… but i am curious to know if we would only hear a handful of neurons moving around if we shook your head :foxaylove2:

You literally sound like Britney fans trying to say Blackout was a massive worldwide smash because of illegal downloads :deadbanana: 

44 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

The Diamonds World Tour is Rihanna's only semi-successful world tour. Yes, for her standards, it did well. It is her highest grossing tour. However, it would be Taylor's 4th highest-grossing tour, Beyonce's 4th, Gaga's 3rd, etc. etc. Why is it that Rihanna cannot tour as well as her contemporaries. Hell, even Katy ******* Perry managed to grab a $200M tour. Rihanna hasn't even managed to grab a $150M one

Please stop trying to drag Taylor on a moral ground. As I stated before, we have gone back and forth in several threads where you refuse to acknowledge Rihanna's racism towards Asians. We're not derailing this one either

Yes, we know Rihanna has successful business ventures. She looked for any way out of music since it didn't financially secure her and she is not a musician. This is what happens when you are forced to continually do what your label tells you, told what to record, told who to work with, etc. That is what happens when you do not write, compose, produce, play instruments, etc.

There is more live instrument playing in that 90 second video of Taylor playing Take A Bow than there is from Rihanna in 18 years worth of performances

Why would Taylor or her fans thank Rihanna for anything? Taylor is the one who wrote and composed the song :deadbanana: Taylor has multiple songs that have moved more units than TIWWCF. 

Capture.png

How soon you little MUAs forget

Ahhh yes that Oscar-nominated song that outdid Carolina and all of Taylor's desperate Academy Award attempts in every form. It's harder to find moments where Rihanna blocked the "sexy baby" songstress considering that Swift was a non-factor altogether on the Hot 100 for the first seven years of her career, by which point Rihanna already had 11 #1's :deadbanana2:

Thank goodness that AH and it's 12 alterative versions were able to block a funeral ballad for a soundtrack and not a lead single from a studio album ...

spacer.png

Rihanna thee Oscar nominee has never been a racist. And I wouldn't expect you to have so much concern about racism considering... 

spacer.png

While you type up more drivel make sure you check out this new Billboard Hot 100 article from 2 days ago.. titled "Artists With the Most No. 1 Songs on the Hot 100, From The Beatles to Rihanna & More" where Taylor remains so far behind that they didn't even bother to add her to the cover photo.

spacer.png

and not the poll gap still widening :toofunny2:

Edited by ImsoLOUD
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

Ahhh yes that Oscar-nominated song that outdid Carolina and all of Taylor's desperate Academy Award attempts in every form. Thank goodness that AH and it's 12 alterative versions were able to block a funeral ballad for a soundtrack and not a lead single from a studio album ...

Congrats to Lift Me Up/Lift Me Up (Instrumental)/Lift Me Up (Official Video)/Life Me Up (Visualize)/Lift Me Up (Instrumental Video)/Lift Me Up (Audio)/Lift Me Up (Wakandan Lyric Video)/Lift Me Up (Lyric Video)/Lift Me Up Wakanda Forever Lyric Video)/Lift Me Up (Behind the Scenes)/Lift Me Up (Karaoke) on its #2 peak and peaking higher than Carolina, a song that was never playlisted or sent to any radio format :heart2: It's no wonder that song is already doing less than 300k streams per day. Thankfully Taylor made sure the song that peaked at #17 on the US Spotify weekly charts (behind 13 Taylor Swift songs) didn't fraud its way to #1 :heart:

8 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

spacer.png

What does Lil Nas X's song, that is bigger than any Rihanna song ever recorded, have to do with Rihanna? 

9 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

Rihanna thee Oscar nominee has never been a racist. And I wouldn't expect you to have so much concern about racism considering... 

spacer.png

We are not getting into it. You have already been informed. I also don't think you want to get into a "Her partner is problematic!" contest considering the man that fathered Rihanna's children has been charged with assault and literally shooting someone :rip: 

11 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

While you type up more drivel make sure you check out this new Billboard Hot 100 article from 2 days ago.. titled "Artists With the Most No. 1 Songs on the Hot 100, From The Beatles to Rihanna & More" where Taylor remains so far behind that they didn't even bother to add her to the cover photo.

spacer.png

"So far behind" being 4 songs behind Rihanna's spam single releases and features :rip: She is potentially getting her 11th #1 in a matter of days. She will pass Rihanna soon enough. Once that happens, there will not be a single metric Rihanna is above her in other than quick little digital single sales :rip: 

• Thumbs Down 1

littlebodybigheart
9 hours ago, airplane said:

Nobody really cares for Taylor's discography in the GP... you won't see the masses getting excited for her like they did for Rihanna's superbowl because the GP knows Rihanna's hits and classics by heart. You need to make noise outside of your fanbase, resonate with the GP and score organic non-frontloaded hits to be regarded as a hitmaker.... no 39 cent bombs allowed.

The answer is obviously rihanna... who scored her hits when Billboard was fraud-free... and she did that without needing multiple remixes or versions to keep her songs afloat on the top.

wait until you find out the amount of remixes rihanna and katy perry put out to get their songs to #1 :rip:

i can think of the s&m remix ft. kesha and britney, the kanye remix of et and the missy elliott remix for last friday night. this ain’t a new practice and these pop girls been doing that

58 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

Congrats to Lift Me Up/Lift Me Up (Instrumental)/Lift Me Up (Official Video)/Life Me Up (Visualize)/Lift Me Up (Instrumental Video)/Lift Me Up (Audio)/Lift Me Up (Wakandan Lyric Video)/Lift Me Up (Lyric Video)/Lift Me Up Wakanda Forever Lyric Video)/Lift Me Up (Behind the Scenes)/Lift Me Up (Karaoke) on its #2 peak and peaking higher than Carolina, a song that was never playlisted or sent to any radio format :heart2: It's no wonder that song is already doing less than 300k streams per day. Thankfully Taylor made sure the song that peaked at #17 on the US Spotify weekly charts (behind 13 Taylor Swift songs) didn't fraud its way to #1 :heart:

What does Lil Nas X's song, that is bigger than any Rihanna song ever recorded, have to do with Rihanna? 

We are not getting into it. You have already been informed. I also don't think you want to get into a "Her partner is problematic!" contest considering the man that fathered Rihanna's children has been charged with assault and literally shooting someone :rip: 

"So far behind" being 4 songs behind Rihanna's spam single releases and features :rip: She is potentially getting her 11th #1 in a matter of days. She will pass Rihanna soon enough. Once that happens, there will not be a single metric Rihanna is above her in other than quick little digital single sales :rip: 

So... 11 Youtube versions, which the majority aren't even available on AM versus 12 actual remixes that are available on Apple and Spotify?

I'm glad that she was able to do something right because God knows the Academy continues to say NO :ahh: they aren't too fond of desperate campaign tactics and fraud either i fear 

"She is potentially getting her-" ahh but as of today she hasn't stfu :ahh: and how could we both talk about baby fathers and children when Taylor is N/A in that category as well? 

Old Town Road blocking thee lead single ME! from #1 has as much to do with the topic as you bringing up tHE insTRuMenTs tAYlOr pLaYS!!!11! in a thread about classics :toofunny3:

not you talking about spam while Taylor is dropping live versions and new remixes of a 4 year old song while she's about to drop another re-recording and her latest album is barely a year old :deadbanana2:

By your logic I could say that Taylor will never reach Rihanna's number of #1 hits just based off of "vibes" :toofunny2:  and after all of these years of McSpamming it's already a disappointment that she hasn't beat her yet :toofunny2: Rihanna's last album is as many years away now as it took for Taylor to call Max Martin for her first #1. That's pathetic and there is no way around it. She should've been ahead of everyone in hits if she's "the music industry", but yet...

The people have already spoken in the votes just like the GP. Crying to me won't make Taylor a hitmaker unfortunately. :/ 

Edited by ImsoLOUD

littlebodybigheart
1 hour ago, ImsoLOUD said:

Ahhh yes that Oscar-nominated song that outdid Carolina and all of Taylor's desperate Academy Award attempts in every form. It's harder to find moments where Rihanna blocked the "sexy baby" songstress considering that Swift was a non-factor altogether on the Hot 100 for the first seven years of her career, by which point Rihanna already had 11 #1's :deadbanana2:

Thank goodness that AH and it's 12 alterative versions were able to block a funeral ballad for a soundtrack and not a lead single from a studio album ...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

oh wow you seem very upset :rip:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

Those Anti-Hero remixes didn't start coming out until November 3rd :deadbanana: That was the last day of tracking for that week

And no, those YouTube versions weren't available on AM/to purchase. But these sure were 

FgpZsTAX0AAA52b.jpg

6 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

"She is potentially getting her-" ahh but as of today she hasn't stfu :ahh: and how could we both talk about baby fathers and children when Taylor is N/A in that category as well? 

She will 100% catch her. Unfortunately for the Avon Lady, she will never catch Taylor in any other metric. And why are you talking about having babies as a drag :deadbanana: Taylor clearly does not want children at the moment and is focused on her music career since, ya know, she is a passionate musician

8 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

not you talking about spam while Taylor is dropping live versions and new remixes of a 4 year old song while she's about to drop another re-recording and her latest album is barely a year old :deadbanana2:

Rihanna spam-released singles during her run. She literally released nearly 35 singles from 2009-2013 :deadbanana: For all your talking down on "spam releasing" your girl sure did a lot of it in her heyday. And still nobody bought the album or tickets to her tours. 

Taylor dropping alternative versions and going #1 (with a song that has peaked at #1 in every single metric already) is nothing compared to Rihanna dropping 15 versions of Lift Me Up on streaming platforms and digital outlets but only getting to #2 and failing to go top 10 on streaming :deadbanana: 

11 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

By your logic I could say that Taylor will never reach Rihanna's number of #1 hits just based off of "vibes" :toofunny2:  and after all of these years of McSpamming it's already a disappointment that she hasn't beat her yet :toofunny2: Rihanna's last album is as many years away now as it took for Taylor to call Max Martin for her first #1. That's pathetic and there is no way around it. She should've been ahead of everyone in hits if she's "the music industry", but yet...

The people have already spoken in the votes. Crying to me won't make Taylor a hitmaker unfortunately. :/ 

Taylor has been "spamming" (if you call re-recording albums that are up to 13 years old spamming lol) but barely releasing singles. Red TV had 0 singles sent to radio services. Fearless TV had 0. Speak Now TV had 0. folklore and evermore each had 1 real single. Midnights had 3. No compare that to Rihanna releasing 6 from Rated R, 7 from Loud, 5 from Talk That Talk, 4 from Unapologetic and over 10 features within a 5 year period :deadbanana: 

Yes, we know Rihanna's last album was ANTI. Has that album even sold half of 1989 yet by the way? I was told it yielded smash hits and is a defining album of the 2010s so surely it's sold a measly 50% of 1989? If not, then it surely hasn't already been passed by folklore (2020), right? And it sure as hell hasn't already been passed by Midnights (2022), right?! Surely not....

jhvo7PJ.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

23 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

Old Town Road blocking thee lead single ME! from #1 has as much to do with the topic as you bringing up tHE insTRuMenTs tAYlOr pLaYS!!!11! in a thread about classics :toofunny3:

Rihanna's musical ability was being discussed. It's not my fault she can't play any instruments or read music :rip: Old Town Road has nothing to do with this thread, especially since plenty of classic songs have peaked at #2 throughout history 

Not sure why this is even being debated. 

Rihanna's career is literally defined by how much of a hitmaker she is and the stats don't lie. Even her features are massive. Katy's career was like that for a shorter time as well. Bieber as well.

Taylor's more of an album artist than someone who churns out a bunch of megahits. And that's okay. Oddly enough, Beyonce became the same way after the 2000's. 

Edited by Storm653

The way the Swifties LOST and got CLOCKED in here effortlessly by the poll is just art in and of itself :ahh:

Love the fact that stats prove their "Cardigan SMASH, Lover bigger than CIL, Taylor the next MJ" narrative wrong in countless ways yet they still don't give up. Admire such dedication :toofunny3: 

Edited by JaXXXon
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

How on earth did this discussion get to touring (which was already exhausted in the other thread) and AH vs LMU (which was also exhausted in the other thread and other threads) simply because swifties can't accept that anyone that's unbiased knows Rihanna has more classics than Taylor and the poll shows that :deadbanana4:

• Like 5

Apple Music

Taylor Swift

6. Cruel Summer

40. Lover

49. Blank Space

62. Style

78. Shake It Off

Rihanna -

Katy Perry -

Spotify

Taylor Swift

7. Cruel Summer

27. Style

30. Blank Space

46. Lover

72. Don't Blame Me

123. Shake It Off

181. You Belong with Me

Rihanna

164. We Found Love

197. Diamonds

Katy Perry -

I excluded songs released this decade.

Numbers don't lie. Those songs crossed generations, that's the definition of classic.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.