• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raspberries

• airplane

• lonnie

• Axelios

8 hours ago, ImsoLOUD said:

Maybe we should ask Calvin Harris which one of the two is better at making a hit. Seeing as he left his ex girlfriend on the couch to chase Rihanna down and get her to record TIWYCF. 

Taylor dosen’t have the vocal range to record a Best Pop Vocal Grammy Award winning song like Only Girl in The World. 

And if Rihanna dared to release something as stale and basic as Cardigan and messed up her flawless lead single run, I would personally see to it that she flopped. It’s what she would deserve, because that **** is garbage. 🤮

Talking about stale and basic as if 75% of Rihanna's trend hopping factory-assembled catalog hasn't aged like milk left out in the hot sun :rip: 

Your dumb ass thinking Pop Vocal category has anything to do with vocal quality :rip: 

Edited by Raspberries
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Rihanna has not only global classics:

1. Umbrella

2. DSTM

3. Rude Boy

4. Only Girl

5. S&M

6. We found love

7. Diamonds

8. Work

but also regional classics:

Man down, Te amo (in Europe)

Unfaithful, Pour it up, Needed me, LOTB (in USA)

and even Halloween classic: Disturbia

+ iconic colaborations: Live Your Life, Run This Town, LTWYL, AOTL, Take care , TIWYCF, Wild Thoughts

Taylor only has 1 global classic: Blank space :rip:

Edited by Raptus
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Raspberries said:

Talking about stale and basic as if 75% of Rihanna's trend hopping factory-assembled catalog hasn't aged like milk left out in the hot sun :rip: 

Cool and your fav’s ex boyfriend centered trend chasing Max Martin/Jack Antonoff produced “self written” kidz bop esque hog wash is 100% stale and basic which is why she still can’t beat Rihanna in hits on the Hot 100. Also hence how Lover couldn’t get a #1 single until 3 Autumns and another re-release later because upon its actual release the GP heard Me! and said “Ew, what are those?”. 

spacer.png

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

13 hours ago, Mark Rih said:

I’m sorry you were not able to hear it. I know Swifties in other counties organized special club nights to finally get her music playing in a club, maybe you can try that in Estonia too

:ryan3:

Streets were saying that audience of some of those club nights outnumbered the audience number of some artists' last tours' half empti venues. How messed up if true... 

Thankfully they can always consider to perform in some big clubs instead 

9 hours ago, Namie-Knowles said:

Taylor's Spotify Streams right now are 60% GP and 40% Fandom at this point. Where as Rihanna's is more so 75% GP and 25% Fandom. Still better than BTS' which was 25% GP and 75% Fandom. Lmao

60% of 93M - 56M streams 

75% of 16M - 12M streams 

See, this is why fanbase claims don't make any sense 

lip-gloss-girl.gif

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shelter said:

What does Tay have, maybe 2? 

She has 7 decade old songs doing 1M daily streams. Some artists' highest song barely does 600k daily for example

lip-gloss-girl.gif

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

Cool and your fav’s ex boyfriend centered trend chasing Max Martin/Jack Antonoff produced “self written” kidz bop esque hog wash is 100% stale and basic which is why she still can’t beat Rihanna in hits on the Hot 100. Also hence how Lover couldn’t get a #1 single until 3 Autumns and another re-release later because upon its actual release the GP heard Me! and said “Ew, what are those?”. 

spacer.png

Taylor has rarely ever chased trends :bibliahh: What are you talking about? There a few little examples here and there but not entire albums worth like Rihanna has in the past. That's what happens when label heads control what music you record and release :toofunny3: 0 artist input or musical abilities. There is a reason Taylor's catalog is acclaimed and among the most lucrative in music history while the other's is basically worthless and erased outside of a few singles. You mentioning Jack as if Taylor herself isn't who made him trendy as well :dies:  

Taylor and Rihanna are very close on the Hot 100 All Time Artists chart. And one of them did it 99% solo. No running to Jay Z, Kanye, Eminem, etc 

988993d8579519f2c905d4ea4af55387_w200.gi

Edited by Raspberries
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

Taylor has rarely ever chased trends :bibliahh: What are you talking about? There a few little examples here and there but not entire albums worth like Rihanna has in the past. That's what happens when label heads control what music you record and release :toofunny3: 0 artist input or musical abilities. There is a reason Taylor's catalog is acclaimed and among the most lucrative in music history while the other's is basically worthless and erased outside of a few singles

Taylor and Rihanna are very close on the Hot 100 All Time Artists chart. And one of them did it 99% solo. No running to Jay Z, Kanye, Eminem, etc 

Well Rihanna only gets 25% of the points of her features on the Hot 100 All Time Artists chart lmao

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Raspberries said:

Your dumb ass thinking Pop Vocal category has anything to do with vocal quality :rip: 

Aged like milk but she’s one of the most streamed artists daily even though she’s on maternity leave and hasn’t toured or put out an album in 7-8 years 😭 make it make sense

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Well Rihanna only gets 25% of the points of her features on the Hot 100 All Time Artists chart lmao

Break It Off (feat. Sean Paul)

Umbrella (feat. Jay Z)

Hate That I Love You (feat. Ne-Yo)

Hard (feat. Jeezy)

Rockstar 101 (feat. Slash)

What's My Name (feat. Drake)

S&M (feat. Britney Spears)

We Found Love (feat. Calvin Harris)

Talk That Talk (feat. Jay Z)

Princess of China (with Coldplay)

Birthday Cake (feat. Chris Brown)

Stay (feat. Mikky Ekko)

Right Now (feat. David Guetta)

Loveeeeee Song (feat. Future)

FourFiveSeconds (feat. Kanye West & Paul McCartney)

Work (feat. Drake)

Nothing Is Promised (with Mike Will Made It)

Lemon (with NERD)

Believe It (with PartyNextDoor)

If I Never See Your Face Again (feat. Rihanna)

Live Your Life (feat. Rihanna)

Run This Town (feat. Rihanna & Kanye West)

Love The Way You Lie (feat. Rihanna)

Who's That Chick? (feat. Rihanna)

All of the Lights (feat. Rihanna & Kid Cudi)

Fly (feat. Rihanna)

Take Care (feat. Rihanna)

The Monster (feat. Rihanna)

Can't Remember to Forget You (feat. Rihanna)

This Is What You Came For (feat. Rihanna)

Too Good (feat. Rihanna)

Selfish (feat. Rihanna)

Wild Thoughts (feat. Rihanna & Bryson Tiller)

Loyalty (feat. Rihanna)

Out of Rihanna's 10 most streamed songs daily, a total of 3 of them are solo credited songs :deadbanana: 

Edited by Raspberries
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Aged like milk but she’s one of the most streamed artists daily even though she’s on maternity leave and hasn’t toured or put out an album in 7-8 years 😭 make it make sense

Yes, albums like her first 2, Loud, Talk That Talk and Unapologetic have aged like absolute **** :toofunny3: There is a single from TTT and/or Unapologetic etc that still does well but overall they're awful now. Which is why nobody consumes them as a whole and multiple singles from all of them are discarded and erased :dies: 

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, Dephira said:

Taylor:

1. Love Story
  2. YBWM
  3. IKYWT
  4. ATW
  5. BS
  6. Shake It Off
  7. Style
  8. WD
  9. CS
  10. Cardigan
  11. Anti-Hero

Taylor wins and will extend her lead 

I don't even know half songs... :rip:

Edited by Needed Me
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Raspberries said:

Taylor has rarely ever chased trends :bibliahh: What are you talking about? There a few little examples here and there but not entire albums worth like Rihanna has in the past. That's what happens when label heads control what music you record and release :toofunny3: 0 artist input or musical abilities. There is a reason Taylor's catalog is acclaimed and among the most lucrative in music history while the other's is basically worthless and erased outside of a few singles. You mentioning Jack as if Taylor herself isn't who made him trendy as well :dies:  

Is it Rihanna’s fault that barely anyone wants to collab with Taylor because she lacks the versatility/finesse to do so? Is it Rihanna’s fault that her father didn’t buy a stake in a label before she knew her A B C’s and put her in songwriting classes before she even hit puberty? Is it Rihanna’s fault that Taylor has yet to settle down and start a family because she’s still playing catch up to Rihanna’s billionaire net worth? 

Taylor could’ve benefited from some label/advice from higher ups…. maybe then she wouldn’t have to re-record her discography because she’d still have her masters to begin with?  :eddie:

and :rip: at Taylor not being a trend chaser but meanwhile while Rihanna and Katy were absolutely stomping the pop scene with GGGB, OOTB’s, Teenage Dream and LOUD little miss Swift was still strumming her guitar making homophobic songs like “Picture to Burn” :toofunny2: 

So go and tell your friends that I'm obsessive and crazy
That's fine, I'll tell mine you're gay

All of those two hour songwriting sessions with Liz Taylor every week and this is what she came up with? :ahh:

Just remember that it was only after Katy and Rihanna had a new string of Pop heavy hits that Taylor decided to put down her banjo and pick up the phone to call Max Martin. The country bumpkin act was tired which is why even her latest subpar release is a pop album (Midnights). 

spacer.png

Edited by ImsoLOUD
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

Is it Rihanna’s fault that barely anyone wants to collab with Taylor because she lacks the versatility/finesse to do so? Is it Rihanna’s fault that her father didn’t buy a stake in a label before she knew her A B C’s and put her in songwriting classes before she even hit puberty? Is it Rihanna’s fault that Taylor has yet to settle down and start a family because she’s still playing catch up to Rihanna’s billionaire net worth? 

Do you know how many collaborations Taylor has turned down? :deadbanana: There's an entire record label's worth of people who have talked publicly about desperately wanting to work with her, let alone what's happened behind closed doors.

3 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

Taylor could’ve benefited from some label/advice from higher ups…. maybe then she wouldn’t have to re-record her discography because she’d still have her masters to begin with?  :eddie:

Rihanna was literally almost bankrupt less than a decade ago and you're dragging Taylor for business decisions? :rip: Maybe that's what happens when you contribute nothing to your catalog of music: you get minimal monetary return from it :sorry: 

4 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

and :rip: at Taylor not being a trend chaser but meanwhile while Rihanna and Katy were absolutely stomping the pop scene with GGGB, OOTB’s, Teenage Dream and LOUD little miss Swift was still strumming her guitar making homophobic songs like “Picture to Burn” :toofunny2: 

You comparing Katy and Rihanna's Dr Luke/Max Martin/Stargate dance pop and trendy pop productions with Taylor's country music :bibliahh: Funny enough, despite being country, Fearless was bigger than OOTB and Loud. So, no, what you described was not Taylor trend-hopping like you said above. While the girls were running to Luke and Max for synth pop and dance pop, Taylor released an entirely self-written country album. Thank you for confirming you lied above!

6 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

All of those two hour songwriting sessions with Liz Taylor every week and this is what she came up with? :ahh: 

Just remember that it was only after Katy and Rihanna had a new string of hits that Taylor decided to put down her banjo and pick up the phone to call Max Martin. An absolute trend chaser.

spacer.png

Why is a Rihanna fan dragging lyrics? A reminder that it took four people to write "Sex in the air, I don't care, I love the smell of it!" (and none of them were Rihanna because we all know she does not contribute a single word to the songwriting process) :toofunny3: 

Yes, Taylor releasing a guitar driven power pop song (off of an album that was mostly country) when all of her peers were releasing dance/EDM songs was definitely her trend chasing. Do you even read what you're typing?

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

Do you know how many collaborations Taylor has turned down? :deadbanana: There's an entire record label's worth of people who have talked publicly about desperately wanting to work with her, let alone what's happened behind closed doors.

Rihanna was literally almost bankrupt less than a decade ago and you're dragging Taylor for business decisions? :rip: Maybe that's what happens when you contribute nothing to your catalog of music: you get minimal monetary return from it :sorry: 

You comparing Katy and Rihanna's Dr Luke/Max Martin/Stargate dance pop and trendy pop productions with Taylor's country music :bibliahh: Funny enough, despite being country, Fearless was bigger than OOTB and Loud. So, no, what you described was not Taylor trend-hopping like you said above. While the girls were running to Luke and Max for synth pop and dance pop, Taylor released an entirely self-written country album. Thank you for confirming you lied above!

Why is a Rihanna fan dragging lyrics? A reminder that it took four people to write "Sex in the air, I don't care, I love the smell of it!" (and none of them were Rihanna because we all know she does not contribute a single word to the songwriting process) :toofunny3: 

Yes, Taylor releasing a guitar driven power pop song (off of an album that was mostly country) when all of her peers were releasing dance/EDM songs was definitely her trend chasing. Do you even read what you're typing?

It must suck even more to have so many “contributions” to your music and still fail to own any of it :/ and who cares about a list of potential collabs, do you know how many people are still begging to work with Rihanna even tho she’s practically abandoned music? :toofunny2:

Rihanna’s an entire non-American billionaire without the white privilege or Daddy’s financial investments of course that will always be more significant than whatever Taylor has going on, are you dumb? :ahh: 

And not you bringing up S&M to defend Gays to Burn? :ahh: :ahh: :ahh:  listen I think I speak for Navy everywhere when I say I’d rather Rihanna have 40 people write lines like “Sex in the air I don’t care!” than one “songwriter” implying being gay is something to be embarrassed about :toofunny2: love yourself sis 

And yeah she released a “self written” country album… only to then pick up her poms poms and start doing pure pop music exclusively with Rihanna knockoff sounds hence NME’s comments on 2015’s Bad Blood:

According to Britton Luke of NME, the revamped version resembles the production and structure of Rihanna's 2010 single "Rude Boy".

Rihanna had more #1 hits during the LOUD era alone than Taylor had at that time in her total 7 year long career (ZERO). And it was only when she went full Pop and had Max Martin help her write and produce WANGBT that she got her first #1 song in 2012 :deadbanana: 

Rihanna has more #1 hits on the Hot 100 without the gimmicks, PR relationship stunts or re-releases. The votes in here for her alone (on a website currently dominated by Swifties) are nearly 4 times that of Taylor are you not embarrassed 

spacer.png

Edited by ImsoLOUD
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

It must suck even more to have so many “contributions” to your music and still fail to own any of it :/ and who cares about a list of potential collabs, do you know how many people are still begging to work with Rihanna even tho she’s practically abandoned music? :toofunny2:

Rihanna’s an entire billionaire without the white privilege or Daddy’s financial investments of course that will always be more significant than whatever Taylor has going on are you dumb? :ahh: 

Rihanna is a billionaire because she moved away from music :deadbanana: She literally had to start selling make up, panties, thongs, ceiling fans, pots, pans, toys, etc. because her music wasn't making her $$$. Again, that's what happens when you contribute nothing and do not tour all that well. 

Taylor is notorious for not collaborating often. A lot of the greats were like that. Whitney, Madonna, Mariah, etc. all kept collabs to a minimum. Do you think there weren't hundreds of acts begging to work with them :rip: 

And not you bringing up S&M to defend Picture to Burn? :ahh: :ahh: :ahh:  listen I think I speak for Navy everywhere when I say I’d rather Rihanna have 40 people write lines like “Sex in the air I don’t care!” than one “songwriter” implying being gay is something to be embarrassed about :toofunny2: love yourself sis 

Not you misunderstanding the songwriting of a teenager (again, not surprised given what you're used to). She is saying she's going to tell her her girls he's gay so he has no chance with them :deadbanana:  We have already discussed their morals (and Rihanna's history of racism towards Asians) in other threads. It's not worth going into yet again

And yeah she released a “self written” country album… to only then to pick up her poms poms and start doing pure pop music exclusively with Rihanna knockoff sounds hence NME’s comments on 2015’s Bad Blood:

According to Britton Luke of NME, the revamped version resembles the production and structure of Rihanna's 2010 single "Rude Boy".

Rihanna had more #1 hits during the LOUD era alone than Taylor had at that time in her total 7 year long career (ZERO). Rihanna has more #1 hits on the Hot 100 without the gimmicks, PR relationship stunts or re-releases. The votes in here for her alone are nearly 4 times that of Taylor are you not embarrassed 

spacer.png

Imagine thinking the most awarded pop album that's inspired by 80s synth pop sounds like Rihanna's catalog of industry demos, dated EDM and pop R&B hybrids :bibliahh:She also hasn't done pop music exclusively. folklore and evermore say hello :toofunny2: 

Using remixes and versions as a drag as if Avon lady didn't do exactly that a year ago only to be blocked by Taylor herself :bibliahh: 

Bragging about Rihanna's forgotten #1 hits from albums nobody bought :bibliahh:And bragging about ATRL poll results. Times must really be tough for stans of the Mary Kay saleslady

Edited by Raspberries
  • Like 1

Rihanna sound kinda feel niche. 

Katy has more all around pop feel songs that will translate more universally even though it wouldnt work if she would release it today.

8 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

Rihanna is a billionaire because she moved away from music :deadbanana: She literally had to start selling make up, panties, thongs, ceiling fans, pots, pans, toys, etc. because her music wasn't making her $$$. Again, that's what happens when you contribute nothing and do not tour all that well. 

Taylor is notorious for not collaborating often. A lot of the greats were like that. Whitney, Madonna, Mariah, etc. all kept collabs to a minimum. Do you think there weren't hundreds of acts begging to work with them :rip: 

Not you misunderstanding the songwriting of a teenager (again, not surprised given what you're used to). She is saying she's going to tell her her girls he's gay so he has no chance with them :deadbanana:  We have already discussed their morals (and Rihanna's history of racism towards Asians) in other threads. It's not worth going into yet again

Imagine thinking the most awarded pop album that's inspired by 80s synth pop sounds like Rihanna's catalog of industry demos, dated EDM and pop R&B hybrids :bibliahh:She also hasn't done pop music exclusively. folklore and evermore say hello :toofunny2: 

Bragging about Rihanna's forgotten #1 hits from albums nobody bought :bibliahh:And bragging about ATRL poll results. Times must really be tough for stans of the Mary Kay saleslady

**** and Taylor has to spam albums out like diarrhea just to fall short of Rihanna’s hits and networth I know it’s hurting you :ahh: And girl stop gaslighting the only one dumb enough to think that that was what Taylor was implying on Gays to Burn is you. And even if that was what she was trying to say it’s still stupid af hence why she had to make another version :ahh:

She only did Folklore and Evermore because the GP heard “Promise that you’ll never find another like meee eee eee” and said “I hope not” 

spacer.png

Edited by ImsoLOUD
  • Confused 1

Nobody really cares for Taylor's discography in the GP... you won't see the masses getting excited for her like they did for Rihanna's superbowl because the GP knows Rihanna's hits and classics by heart. You need to make noise outside of your fanbase, resonate with the GP and score organic non-frontloaded hits to be regarded as a hitmaker.... no 39 cent bombs allowed.

The answer is obviously rihanna... who scored her hits when Billboard was fraud-free... and she did that without needing multiple remixes or versions to keep her songs afloat on the top.

Edited by airplane
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

**** and Taylor has to spam albums out like diarrhea just to fall short of Rihanna’s hits and networth I know it’s hurting you :ahh: And girl stop gaslighting the only one dumb enough to think that that was what Taylor was implying on Gays to Burn is you. And even if that was what she was trying to say it’s still stupid af hence why she had to make another version :ahh:

She only did Folklore and Evermore because the GP heard “Promise that you’ll never find another like meee eee eee” and said “I hope not” 

spacer.png

You mean like Rihanna did back when she was being forced to record music? :deadbanana: The only difference is that Taylor's music she's putting out is acclaimed by critics and the GP, winning awards, allowing her to launch ginormous tours, etc while nobody cared about Rihanna outside of her $1.29 singles. The dozens of GroupOn deals for the Loud Tour and the failure to sell out arenas during ANTI are all over the internet for you to find 

She went to folklore/evermore because she is an artist and can do what she wants musically. That's what happens when you write, compose and create your own music and don't rely on label heads and teams of A&R people to secure you various demos being passed around

2 hours ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Streets were saying that audience of some of those club nights outnumbered the audience number of some artists' last tours' half empti venues. How messed up if true... 

Thankfully they can always consider to perform in some big clubs instead 

60% of 93M - 56M streams 

75% of 16M - 12M streams 

See, this is why fanbase claims don't make any sense 

lip-gloss-girl.gif

Exactly Taylor has been releasing new music ofc much more of the GP is going to stream. Wait was this supposed to be a clock?

• Like 2

JUST SAW THE POLL HELP. No wonder Swifties lashing out

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Namie-Knowles said:

Exactly Taylor has been releasing new music ofc much more of the GP is going to stream. Wait was this supposed to be a clock?

Lover (2019) + 1989 (2014) - 24M 

Any other female artist - <22M 

lip-gloss-girl.gif

Edited by Artistofthedecade

11 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Lover (2019) + 1989 (2014) - 24M 

Any other female artist - <22M 

lip-gloss-girl.gif

Lover has 13,478,681 streams daily. And taking out the fandom factor it's about 8M GP streams. Taylor ate that period. Her new catalogue and tour bringing it the GP right now. She's doing a good thing right now for her career unlike Rihanna. Katy is just OUT

Edited by Namie-Knowles

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.