Israel-Palestine reactions | Katy Perry, Justin Timberlake sign open letter

Nova_23

5 minutes ago, Communion said:

Flip as in - "Why did Hamas or other Palestinian forces kill 1/20th of the amount of innocents killed by the IDF in 2014 despite being the alleged aggressor"? Or do you mean why did Hamas kill 1k Israelis this week? No one has been shy to answer latter.

Hamas themselves have told you they believe it necessary to Palestinian liberation. Now, of course, you can disagree, and many who support Palestinian libertarian like myself would also disagree, but I think it's clear what's happening. I mean, Amerie literally says Hamas doing this constitutes a war crime, yet you accuse her of "picking a side".

It's why you refuse to recognize Israel as a terrorist state. You demand people not recognize that Israel is the aggressor and source of apartheid, which is why you dub Palestinians with words like "terrorists" for actions no different - and often smaller in scale - than the Israeli government and army.

If Hamas killing 1k people - unprovoked as we are meant to believe - constitutes terrorism, then surely Israel killing 2k people similarly unprovoked (and many more since 2014) also designates them as a terrorist government, no?

What do you consider the below? What side do you think is which?

F72oXKsXcAAVvXF?format=jpg&name=900x900

"Oh I condemn ALL killing". Okay, so say it. Say Israel is a terrorist government. Say it is a government ruled by an extremist supremacist ideology. Recognize the IDF as terrorists. No? Silence? Why? 

Because you're not actually interested in condemning killings. You're interesting in pushing propaganda that asserts Palestinian liberation from Israeli occupation is nothing but mindless Arab barbarism and Islamism with the goal of killing all Jewish people, while framing a Zionist Israel with its inherently supremacist ideology as those acting in self-defense whose only most egregious offenses (collective punishment) should be condemned. 

"OH! So suddenly Israel killing 20x more Palestinians and subjecting the Palestinian people to constant subjugation and human rights violations in the goal of ethically cleansing them makes them the bigger offender of war crimes that requires more immediate addressing even when they also suffer?? HMM??" Literally yes?

:clap3::clap3::clap3:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DAP

• Stankonia

• Miss Show Business

• hétérosexuelle

1 minute ago, Communion said:

Hamas are Palestinians. And the IDF are Israelis. 

So again, you should easily do the below:

Everyone in the thread is waiting for you to. 

Say Hamas are terrorists. :bibliahh:

I'd have a more intelligent conversation with a wooden plank than to continue this discourse. Leave me the **** alone.

• Thumbs Down 10

3 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

Say Hamas are terrorists. :bibliahh:

I'd have a more intelligent conversation with a wooden plank than to continue this discourse. Leave me the **** alone.

I don't consider either Hamas or the IDF terrorists because such is a meaningless term especially when neither side of this conflict is rooted *religious* ideology, which is the specific kind of terrorism racists like you hope to illicit in the mind of others when saying Hamas is a terrorist organization. :michael: "Hamas is ISIS!!!!". :skull:

Zionist Israel for example is an ethno-nationalist project and settler colonial state built upon an ethnic supremacist ideology. That's far more meaningful of an explanation than a snarl term like "terrorist".

Hamas is just one faction of over ten groups fighting for Palestinian liberation. Israel and pro-Israel figures demanding people center Hamas' war crimes would be more meaningful if they also didn't consider left-wing and secular groups taking up armed resistance solely against military outposts to also be "acts of terrorism".

Hamas' war crimes don't somehow then erase the Israeli war crime of ethnic cleansing at the root of this:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Miss Show Business said:

Continuing to watch people take sides on this is exhausting.

What an embarrassing comment :skull:

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Lord said:

What an embarrassing comment :skull:

Nothing embarassing about it. It's mentally exhausting to live in a black and white world where nothing has nuance and everything is us and them.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

17 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

Shut the **** up :bibliahh: You're putting words in my mouth and accusing me of sh** I never ******* said, all because you cannot respond to my claims.

This is completely ******* off topic. I never gave approval to what Joan had said. Stop lying.

The games of twister you terrorist sympathisers are playing is absolutely insane. :deadbanana4:

You are completely unhinged my god. You clearly made excuses for Rivers' disgusting racist rant, claiming that she wasn't being serious when she absolutely was and saying that it was "understanble that she felt strongly about the conflict" because she's jewish as well as having the distate of bringing up her AIDS charity work as if it made her cheering for the murder of innocent Palestians ok because "actions matter more than words". :pukey:

Not sure what you're trying to achieve by backtracking now when I quoted your post for everyone to read.

• Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Miss Show Business said:

Nothing embarassing about it. It's mentally exhausting to live in a black and white world where nothing has nuance and everything is us and them.

You're mentally exhausted? Imagine the people living under occupation. What a privileged comment. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Stankonia said:

You are completely unhinged my god. You clearly made excuses for Rivers' disgusting racist rant, claiming that she wasn't being serious when she absolutely was and saying that it was "understanble that she felt strongly about the conflict" because she's jewish as well as having the distate of bringing up her AIDS charity work as if it made her cheering for the murder of innocent Palestians ok because "actions matter more than words". :pukey:

Not sure what you're trying to achieve by backtracking now when I quoted your post for everyone to read.

I don't ever ******* recall saying anything remotely like that.

I clearly remember condemning her words, but pushing back on the notion that she was a bad person. The closest thing to a "defense" I said was that she was Jewish, and her husbands entire ******* family was murdered in the Holocaust, and I imagined that would leave a person with very strong feelings on these issues. But, that doesn't excuse her words.

What I DID say was that actions speak louder than words, and Rivers did honorable work for causes such as AIDS research and suicide survivors.

Again, I did not f***ing say what she said was okay. I said that people can be 50/50, not all good, and not all bad.

Stop the gaslighting and stop f***ing replying to me if you're going to fight me. Jesus ******* christ. Log off.

• Thumbs Down 3

3 minutes ago, Lord said:

You're mentally exhausted? Imagine the people living under occupation. What a privileged comment. 

I guess nothing matters then because people are suffering? Why address mental health? Hunger? The environment? Etc, People living under occupation have it worse!

Ridiculous logic. Grow up.

• Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Miss Show Business said:

I guess nothing matters then because people are suffering? Why address mental health? Hunger? The environment? Etc, People living under occupation have it worse!

Ridiculous logic. Grow up.

These people live through hell day in and day out and wait for someone to speak up, and you want them to stop because you are mentally exhausted of hearing about it. Listen to yourself. Anyway, I am done with this conversation, I will not waste any more time on you. xo

• Like 1

She’s right and she should say it :clap3:

its a shame that a lot of prominent figures are afraid to speak out. Imagine if Taylor Swift or Ariana brought awareness to this, with their large platforms 

2 minutes ago, Lord said:

These people live through hell day in and day out and wait for someone to speak up, and you want them to stop because you are mentally exhausted of hearing about it. Listen to yourself. Anyway, I am done with this conversation, I will not waste any more time on you. xo

I never said people should stop? :deadbanana4: What is with ATRL today and putting words into people's mouths?

I'm allowed to feel the way that feel, and my feelings are valid. Just because I have this opinion does not mean I don't sympathise with victims. :ace:

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Yes, Isreal government has been sleeping too on how they have butchered palestinians and Palestine’s territory itself. 
Holocaust must never be forgotten but it cant be used as a revenge on other populations. 

• Like 7

Leave Gigi alone! Don't bring her into this!

• Like 1

This comes after probably the best, most thoughtful and compassionate statement that's been released by a celebrity on the conflict 

2d965f91606d04f900c51553d82451ae

• Like 6

What a shame. Sick and twisted, Bella's silence is also very worrying considering how vocal she has been since forever about Palestine, it's all over her IG, despite getting shadow banned everytime. I wouldn't be surprised if they did something to her account not allowing her to post.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.