• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Element

• Seffers

• rl231

• EnterTheAttic

rRr4fG4.png?width=1410&height=1086

Castaways, welcome to the sixth challenge of Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 14)!

Immunity is back up for grabs. Let’s get started!

The theme for Round 6 is...

Inanimate Idols

"I only cared 'cause I was taken from you"

Many Survivor themes have been about our relationships with other people, but this round we are going to switch to the inanimate. We are looking for songs that discuss the narrator's devoted relationship with an inanimate object. This relationship should be more important to the narrator than anything else in the world -- the object is almost like an idol to them. Recognition that this relationship is a bit unhealthy will send your entry from a "good" to a "ten"!

One stipulation though -- every entry must be about a DIFFERENT object! Alongside the song title, you must tell us what the object is, and then we will announce to everyone that it is taken. Since it is the example below, MONEY is already banned. We will post what becomes unavailable in a thread on Discord called "Round 6 - Challenge Announcements."

What To Do:
Once your song is selected, PM both of the hosts the artist and title of your song on Discord in our group DM. You don't have to include a link to the song unless you are sending a specific version of it. There's no explanation needed as your song should speak for itself. If your song requires an explanation to make sense, it's not a good fit.

There are many of you playing this game. You guys are bound to submit the same songs at some point and because no one can occupy the same song, we encourage you to send a back-up choice along with your first pick. This applies especially to those who are not around when a round is posted and don't have the luxury of choosing an instant track.

IMPORTANT NOTE: ONCE YOU SEND A SONG THAT IS AVAILABLE, YOUR CHOICE IS LOCKED AND YOU MAY NOT SWITCH. AGAIN, YOU CANNOT SWITCH SONGS. IF SOMEONE TAKES YOUR SONG FIRST, THAT IS WHEN YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SUBMIT A NEW ONE, SO PLEASE SUBMIT A BACK-UP.

Take Into Consideration:
The panel will judge the audio/lyrics of the track you submit. Music videos will not increase or decrease your score as some music video plots differ from a song's true meaning.

The theme is what is important here. You will not receive a low score because you sent in a song one of the judges does not like. Taste will at the most be the difference between an 8.5 or a 9. We will never dock off multiple points based off mere preference.

The song you choose should display the meaning upfront. An interview with your artist clarifying the meaning of the song will not be taken into consideration.

Judging Scale (May Vary By Judge):
9/10 – Great entry. Track displays the theme given head on.
8 – Good entry. Displays theme well but not as well as others.
7 – Okay entry. Fits decently but is missing something overall.
6 – Somewhat tackles the theme but falls flat.
5 – Track mentions theme but is otherwise off–base.
3/4 – Song does not hit the theme given besides a line or two.
1/2 – Song has to do with a completely different subject than the theme.

We will supply an example for each round for you all to take inspiration from. Obviously no one can select this song as their entry.

The example for this round is the lovely "Mosquito" by PinkPantheress.

It's her album release day, so be sure to stream (per Element)! In this song, PinkPantheress writes an ode to her money. She discusses how she uses and abuses her cash. There is a complex relationship here, where sometimes she is "spending every day that she wants", while others she is "scared" to withdraw her money and leaves it "sitting in accounts". The hook underscores how important her money is to her, detailing how she dreamed of her death, yet she was only concerned about being taken away from her money. She has put this inanimate object on a pedestal, and it seems to be more important than other relationships. There are moments of self awareness that this is not the healthiest relationship, calling it "annoying" and "appalling".

The tribe with the highest overall average will be immune from tribal council. The highest scoring contestant from the losing tribe will also be immune.

Your song submissions are due in 20 hours (8 PM EDT) on Friday, November 10th.

Good luck and please let the hosts know if you have any questions!

Edited by rl231

grg.gif?ex=65602411&is=654daf11&hm=8af53

5 hours ago, stupidjock said:

what happened?????????????????

You were the only user I was rooting for in this game (I was def not rooting for backstabbers: gardendreams, Alldeezy, kjuty and Zorbit) 

there are some sick lying individuals in this game apparently and I should have taken all the tea that was brought to me much more seriously (and also maybe voted :skull:)

6 hours ago, stupidjock said:

what happened?????????????????

You were the only user I was rooting for in this game (I was def not rooting for backstabbers: gardendreams, Alldeezy, kjuty and Zorbit) 

You do realize I'm still here and never stabbed you in the back right? You landed on a different tribe from the get go and because of the rules there was no way I could help you unfortunately :(

8 minutes ago, MusicLoverDude said:

You do realize I'm still here and never stabbed you in the back right? You landed on a different tribe from the get go and because of the rules there was no way I could help you unfortunately :(

I know, when I was writing that post I forgot you were in this game too :rip:ofc I root for you 

• Like 1

On 11/10/2023 at 6:26 PM, HungryByTheBuffet said:

there are some sick lying individuals in this game apparently and I should have taken all the tea that was brought to me much more seriously (and also maybe voted :skull:)

spacer.png

Edited by stupidjock

• ATRL Moderator

rRr4fG4.png?width=1410&height=1086

THE RETURN OF HYPNOSIS

hypnosis.gif

It's back! Over the next day, you will have the opportunity to become a master of this mentalist art-form through a brief challenge - different from the previous hypnosis challenge. The person who completes this challenge the fastest will win the power of hypnosis, where you will be given the ability to control someone else's vote at one of the next two tribal councils. Effectively, you will cancel out their vote and cast one of your own instead.

Even if you are on the winning tribe, you may enact the power of hypnosis on someone from the losing tribe, thus meddling with their tribal council. If you win, you may decline to use the power, but you are not allowed to transfer this power over to another player.

In order to start the challenge, you will go to your Discord confessional and follow these steps:

1) Type in /stopwatch to begin your time.

2) Type in the command below with your name in it. This will open your unique challenge link:

Spoiler

!hypnosis6alldeezy

!hypnosis6armani

!hypnosis6aurora

!hypnosis6blackoutbaby

!hypnosis6devon

!hypnosis6entertheattic

!hypnosis6fierce

!hypnosis6gardendreams

!hypnosis6goldenhour

!hypnosis6kyuti

!hypnosis6lemon

!hypnosis6musicloverdude

!hypnosis6seffers

!hypnosis6titsanny

!hypnosis6zorbit

3) Complete the challenge and post your submission in your confessional.

4) Type in /stopwatch again to end your time. This final stopwatch time will be used to determine the winner.

The deadline for your hypnosis challenge submissions will be 6:30 PM EST (~16 hours) on Sunday, November 12th.

If you have any questions, please let the hosts know!

@Alldeezy @Armani? @Aurora @blackoutbaby @EnterTheAttic @fiercE

@gardendreams @Golden Hour @Kyuti @Lemon @Devon Robot

@MusicLoverDude @Seffers @Titsanny @ZORBIT

Well, not us being stranded on this island spending our time solving puzzles, while we are running out of food. :dancehall:

Just now, ZORBIT said:

With my girls in the back 

girls in the back

DRAMA!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.