Just now, Element said:

i fear that rl's loading a lot of parchments

sending RL's internet all the good vibes to triumph this night

rRr4fG4.png?width=1410&height=1086

One more tribe to go...who's next??

First vote...

Spoiler

Round_3.png?ex=65555aa8&is=6542e5a8&hm=f

(does not count because they won immunity)

Second vote...

WZhblOm.png

That's 1 vote Alldeezy.

Third vote...

Hey_Dude.png?ex=6554c43c&is=65424f3c&hm=

1 vote Alldeezy, 1 vote Hey Dude.

Fourth vote...

2019_2.png?ex=6554462c&is=6541d12c&hm=86

2 votes Hey Dude, 1 vote Alldeezy.

Fifth vote...

And the 6th person voted out of this game...

pokivote.png?ex=655556ef&is=6542e1ef&hm=

Hey Dude, the tribe has spoken.

ezgif-3-03c482a93a.thumb.gif.a9f81b49b91

Thanks for playing!

• ATRL Moderator

thank u for playing!

@stupidjock @Hey Dude ok, you're both eliminated. You're both even now. Let's be civil in Ultimate Tabs now, k? :heart:

• ATRL Moderator

It's a little backwards today due to the illusion twist!!

But let's dive into the third round results! The judges have scored all of your entries out of 10, and I will now reveal their comments and scores.

After I reveal the scores, I will post the final results which will include how you ranked against all castaways, and finally the overall rankings after this round. 

With that said, here it is…

• ATRL Moderator

Houdini

Galaxy - Paloma Faith - My Body

• Gateau - 8.5 - I can accept this.
  • luckystrike - 7.5 - Sure it works, I just feel like it lacks depth in the specific struggles she mentions.
  • Rotunda - 8 - It’s a body positivity song that at least has specific allusions to body hair and cellulite, but there isn’t enough meditating on how her celebrating this puts her at odds with dominant society. 
  • supaspaz - 9 - The notion that she’s rejecting beauty standards seems implicit here by the mention of imperfections and the line, “It might not work for you, but it works for me.” It works for me, too.

fiercE - Bea Miller - S.L.U.T.

• Gateau - 7 - This is probably the most okayest entry that has ever okay’d. A perfect 7! There’s a lack of specifics and it kinda hammers in on this one specific thing but also doesn’t go too in depth about that. The self love’s definitely there though!
  • luckystrike - 7 - There’s a hint of the specific standards that she wants to take down but it’s way too vague and general.
  • Rotunda - 7 - This is a case where the song fits an interpretation of the round’s theme, but doesn’t really fit the framer’s intent for the round. Yes, it’s a self-love song that denies society’s lifestyle standards, but when Element says “This round, we are throwing away our cosmetics, clout-chasing fashion, and plastic surgery” that means something specific.
  • supaspaz - 6 - This suffers from the same problem as “Pageant Material.” It doesn’t seem to be about beauty standards at all.

blackoutbaby - Anne-Marie - Perfect to Me

• Gateau - 9.5 - Its basically perfect except for some parts where she goes a bit off the assignment. Like going somewhere with all your friends and taking your family to see eminem certainly doesn’t have anything to do with the prompt, so I docked half a point.
  • luckystrike - 10 - I thought about this song when I first saw the theme, work.
  • Rotunda - 10  - She’s not like other girls
  • supaspaz - 9 - The verses sometimes wander away from the point, but the chorus is exactly what we’re looking for.

Golden Hour - CupcakKe - Biggie Smalls

• Gateau - 9 - This is kinda specifically about One Thing but it hits very well on it.
  • luckystrike - 10 - Oh mother.
  • Rotunda - 10 - Ate
  • supaspaz - 10 - I didn’t realize CupcakKe had songs that aren’t about deep-throating a fat dick.

EnterTheAttic- Keala Settle & The Greatest Showman Ensemble - This Is Me

• Gateau - 4 - Lacks specifics and doesn’t speak about society’s standards, this is kind of a typical victimhood song.
  • luckystrike - 3 - Again, not a single hint of any sort of stereotype or standard that she is fighting, just haters, which is not what the prompt was looking for.
  • Rotunda - 3 - This is even worse than Beautiful cause there isn’t even any mention of beauty at all. 
  • supaspaz - 4 - When we can’t even be sure whether the scars she’s talking about are physical or emotional, it’s not a great fit for this theme.

MusicLoverDude - Little Mix - Strip

• Gateau - 10 - No explanation necessary.
  • luckystrike - 10 - Fifth Harmony what are you doing on the floor?
  • Rotunda - 10 - Fifth Harmony, come listen to this trash 
  • supaspaz - 10 - I’m about to file for workers compensation for having to listen to this.

Armani - Jazmine Sullivan - Masterpiece

• Gateau - 3 - This is basically the antithesis of the theme. Its about making herself better and being a work in progress, but not about loving herself despite what other’s expectations of her are.
  • luckystrike - 5 - It has that aspect of her getting over her insecurities and now being able to love herself no matter what people say but unfortunately she doesn’t call out any sort of specific struggle or beauty standard that she fought against.
  • Rotunda - 4 - Yeah she’s loving herself and her body but there’s no conflict here at all with any external individuals. It’s all in her head.  
  • supaspaz - 5 - You’ve only got half the theme. What are the insecurities she’s grappling with?

Seffers - Jessie J - Queen

• Gateau - 6 - This is very generalized and a lot of it is not even about herself. Leave it to Jessie J to make her 100th empowerment anthem that somehow also manages to be hardly about anything. 
  • luckystrike - 4 - Well I thought it was kinda there but first of all, she’s not really talking about herself, she is addressing other women, and then it also doesn’t really dive a lot into any specific struggles, it gets pretty one-note.
  • Rotunda - 6 - You can make a case that she’s talking to herself in the third person here. There’s a general critique against beauty standards and society with a call for self-love but it isn’t really specific enough to warrant anything more. 
  • supaspaz - 7 - Why are so many self-affirmation anthems so terrible? It’s all generally there, but it lacks substantive engagement with beauty standards.

• ATRL Moderator

Tamariz

Lemon - The Regrettes - A Living Human Girl

• Gateau - 6 - She’s kinda just listing these problems but not really the “love myself!!” tinge to it.
  • luckystrike - 10 - I feel like this does the job perfectly because she clearly calls out people who judge her for not fitting a certain beauty norm.
  • Rotunda - 8 - I think the song shows a speaker who has a clear disregard for beauty/lifestyle standards and wants to do their own thing, but the song itself could do more to show how she’s positioning herself in opposition to established standards rather than just apathetic towards them. 
  • supaspaz - 8 - Starts out very promising, but the narrator is so busy brushing off the haters that she never really builds herself up.

Titsanny - ITZY - WANNABE

• Gateau - 4 - I read both the translation and the english version and used what I would score the highest (the english ver). Problem with this is there’s really no clear specific examples honestly. The love is there but its wayyy too generalized.
  • luckystrike - 2 - Well no! This doesn’t mention a single beauty standard anywhere. It is about being yourself but it gives absolutely nothing.
  • Rotunda - 3 - If you’re going to send a song that isn’t in English, it’d be helpful for you to direct me to a specific translation or whether I’m supposed to be judging the English version of the song. The English version, lyrically, is about self-love but doesn’t paint the singer as oppositional to any real beauty or lifestyle standards.
  • supaspaz - 2 - At least I was kind of bopping along while I tried to figure out why you thought this was a relevant choice.

HungryByTheBuffet - Christina Aguilera - Beautiful

• Gateau - 5 - Hate to say it but this is incredibly general.
  • luckystrike - 5 - It has half of the prompt in it, it is obviously about unconditional self-love but it never mentions any specific standards that she faces other than “insecurities” so, the other half of the prompt is not found.
  • Rotunda - 5 - This is another self-love song that at least vaguely touches on one’s’ appearance but there isn’t any real discussion or rejection of beauty standards or lifestyle standards in any substantial fashion. 
  • supaspaz - 5 - One of those picks that seems so obvious on the surface but doesn’t contain any of the nuance of the prompt when you actually consider the lyrics.

rickycabello123 - Ariana Grande - Focus

• Gateau - 1 - If only I could give it a zero. Wait, can I?
  • luckystrike - 1 - You need to be sooooo for real right now 😭 
  • Rotunda - 1 - 
  • supaspaz - 1 - Thank you, next!

Aurora - Gretchen Wilson - Redneck Woman

• Gateau - 7 - Its phenomenal on the specifics but its missing the “self love” aspect. When it comes to themes like this, I’m expecting it to be really hammered in.
  • luckystrike - 9 - I feel like it’s pretty much a good fit! Only bumped a point because I feel like it needed a bit more of that self-love aspect but overall it’s good. 
  • Rotunda - 8.5 - I think this focuses more on aesthetic and lifestyle priorities than the Kacey Musgraves song, which warrants a point bump. With that said, I think the song is less a rejection of societal norms and more a statement that she grows up in a section of society where she is the norm (“in my neck of the woods I’m the girl next door”), and also wants other women to support that norm. 
  • supaspaz - 6.5 - I’ll be somewhat of a dissenter here: I don’t think this is a great fit. There are flashes of the theme, such as the verse about Victoria’s Secret, in which she seems to be rejecting standards pushed on her by society, but it could be so much stronger. Overall, the song is more of an affirmation of a country lifestyle than her own self-worth.

lil hero - India.Arie - I Am Not My Hair

• Gateau - 9 - Too much about the specificity of loving your own hair, but otherwise basically fits on all other aspects.
  • luckystrike - 9.5 - This fits the theme pretty perfectly but then I docked a point because it’s too specifically about hair and it doesn’t really mention anything else, but then again, that’s the point of the whole song, so you can have .5 back.
  • Rotunda - 10 - *giggles* 
  • supaspaz - 10 - Oops, she did it again!

Dr. Alexander - Des'Ree - I Ain't Movin

• Gateau - 6 - Okay Alexander Parks, sticking to your word! Anyway this song kinda lacks specifics but it does have the self love part down pact, so.
  • luckystrike - 3.5 - This one faces the same issue that Christina’s Beautiful faced, but even a little bit more off-topic because sometimes the point of view isn’t even about herself.
  • Rotunda - 3.5 - This is a self-love song that doesn’t actually highlight any beauty or lifestyle standard they’re in opposition to. The closest thing is the “I’m not moving from my face, from my race” portion, but we don’t even know why she’d be compelled to move from those things to begin with. 
  • supaspaz - 3 - “'Cause I ain't moving from my face, from my race, from my history” is the only part that jumped out at me.

• ATRL Moderator

Copperfield

Hey Dude - Lady Gaga - Born This Way

• Gateau - 6 - This isn’t really about “Society”, its more of blanket statements about black, white, beige, or orients loving themselves.
  • luckystrike - 6 - I don’t really get any sort of rejection or call out of beauty/lifestyle standards, and it obviously ends up being too specifically about LGBTQ+ experiences, which definitely carries that element of unconditional self-love but ultimately lacks many key aspects of the theme.
  • Rotunda - 5.5 - This is a self-empowerment anthem, but it’s neither focused on the speaker themself, nor does it really reject any established beauty standards. You could possibly make a case about it rejecting the racism inherent in beauty standards, but the song isn’t primarily about that. You could also make a case about BTW rejecting a certain heterosexual lifestyle norm, but I feel weird framing LGBT existence as a lifestyle (nor do I think this is the intent of the round) so partial credit there. 
  • supaspaz - 6 - Wrong kind of self-affirmation anthem. You may be born this gay or that Chola, but what beauty standards are you rejecting?

Kyuti - awfultune - bye ily

• Gateau - 9 - Yea I mean it works but its a little too general for me.
  • luckystrike - 10 - I think this pretty much hits every mark for the theme, they reject several beauty, body and social standards and praise themselves no matter what anyone says, good find!
  • Rotunda - 9 - This one is interesting. I think we get a clear rejection of viewing oneself in relation to others’ beauty standards and grooming standards, but the rejection of a broader societal norm could be more explicit. 
  • supaspaz - 10 - I’m cracking up at this hairy-armpitted, unshaved-legged lady on the single cover.

gardendreams - J. Cole - Crooked Smile (feat. TLC)

• Gateau - 7 - This is one of the first songs I thought of in regards to this theme, but then I thought the better of it when I remembered the rest of the lyrics. You should have had the same reaction tbh. It goes into wayyyyy too many far off ideas from what was asked for. However, there are still some parts of it that do fit the -personal rejection of standards and loving thyself- message.
  • luckystrike - 5 - It started off good with him talking about his smile but then the perspective completely shifted to the standards women face, which is not really about self love and more about empowerment, and the more it progressed the less it fit the theme.
  • Rotunda - 6.5 - Love this song. Hate that you sent it. I think that Crooked Smile works partially insofar as J. Cole does ruminate on a past insecurity about his teeth and notes that he’s gotten over it, but beyond that there isn’t enough of a focus on rejecting specific beauty standards as they relate to his sense of self. There is a heavy focus on the beauty standards of women, but the prompt is looking for a first person perspective. The song also tackles a lot of ground beyond beauty/lifestyle standards that makes it hard to justify a higher score. 
  • supaspaz - 7 - I’m not as bothered by the way J. Cole weaves together his own insecurity about his teeth with encouragement for women to reject society’s unfair beauty standards, since that’s all relevant to the prompt. But the song does go off track in the final verse, which veers into a rumination on racism. You know what TLC song you should have picked? “Unpretty”! That would have been a 10. I can’t believe nobody submitted it.

Alldeezy - Mary Lambert - Secrets

• Gateau - 9 - This works pretty much on every level.
  • luckystrike - 7 - I mean sure, she’s definitely embracing all of her personal traits that don’t really fit into society’s norm but I feel like it lacks substance on these standards set by society because she never really calls them out, she just lists the things she feels insecure about.
  • Rotunda - 5.5 - We get one line about her being fat, and one line about her being gay and bipolar (neither of which I really think for the brief for this round, but I’m willing to give a small bit of leeway here). Overall, the song is an overly broad rejection of her feeling bad about her insecurities rather than something about rejecting beauty/lifestyle standards. 
  • supaspaz - 7 - The song is bursting with self-affirmation, but there’s only a marginal mention of beauty standards.

ZORBIT - Kacey Musgraves - Pageant Material

• Gateau - 3 - She lists out a few flaws about herself, but the problem is she sort of just wallows in them. “I’m not pageant material” but there’s no clear explanation that she loves herself as well. Just that she’s accepted that she’s not as good.
  • luckystrike - 7 - I don’t think there are enough specific beauty standards, it’s more about personality traits and such, but it works to an extent.
  • Rotunda - 7.5 - I can go either way on this one honestly. Kacey definitely engages in lifestyle choices (drinking, smoking) that makes her unfit for the pageant world, and she also lacks an ability to walk in heels. My biggest gripe, is that a lot of what Kacey complains about is more of a personality conflict than anything else. 
  • supaspaz - 6 - Another otherwise solid entry that simply isn’t all that focused on how the narrator looks. I would agree that this is more of a personality conflict.

Final results up next!

The perfect 10 :jonny:

My 9.75 perfectly imperfect slay... very on brand with the theme :thing:

• ATRL Moderator

Now that you've all seen how you've done independently, let's see how you rank among your tribe, among all players, and finally the overall tribe averages.

Houdini

1. MusicLoverDude - 10.00 - IMMUNE

2. Golden Hour - 9.75

3. blackoutbaby - 9.63

4. Galaxy - 8.25

5. fiercE - 6.75

6. Seffers - 5.75

7. Armani - 4.25

8. EnterTheAttic - 3.50

Tamariz

1. lil hero - 9.63 - IMMUNE

2. Lemon - 8.00

3. Aurora - 7.75

4. HungryByTheBuffet - 5.00

5. Dr. Alexander - 4.00

6. Titsanny - 2.75

7. rickycabello123 - 1.00

Copperfield

1. Kyuti - 9.50 - IMMUNE

2. Alldeezy - 7.13

3. gardendreams - 6.38

4. ZORBIT - 5.88

4. Hey Dude - 5.88

Overall Rank:

1. MusicLoverDude - 10 (+3)

2. Golden Hour - 9.75 (-1)

3. blackoutbaby - 9.625 (+15)

3. lil hero - 9.625 (+12)

5. Kyuti - 9.5 (-1)

6. Galaxy - 8.25 (+1)

7. Lemon - 8 (+13)

8. Aurora - 7.75 (+11)

9. Alldeezy - 7.125 (+3)

10. fiercE - 6.75 (-9)

11. gardendreams - 6.375 (=)

12. Hey Dude - 5.875 (+5)

12. ZORBIT - 5.875 (-11)

14. Seffers - 5.75 (-4)

15. HungryByTheBuffet - 5 (-9)

16. Armani - 4.25 (-7)

17. Dr. Alexander - 4 (-3)

18. EnterTheAttic - 3.5 (-3)

19. Titsanny - 2.75 (-11)

20. rickycabello123 - 1 (+1)

Cumulative Rank:

1. MusicLoverDude - 9.63
  2. Golden Hour - 8.92
  3. fiercE - 8.92
  4. Galaxy - 8.73
  5. Seffers - 7.78
  6. blackoutbaby - 7.63
  7. Kyuti - 7.38
  8. lil hero - 7.00
  9. HungryByTheBuffet - 6.92
  10. Aurora - 6.54
  11. Armani - 6.54
  12. Lemon - 6.13
  13. Dr. Alexander - 6.02
  14. Alldeezy - 5.94
  15. stupidjock - 5.81
  16. Titsanny - 5.79
  17. EnterTheAttic - 5.75
  18. ZORBIT - 5.67
  19. gardendreams - 5.46
  20. Hey Dude - 5.21
  21. rickycabello123 - 3.46
  22. Kayseri Mantisi - 3.13
  23. Queen - 1.38
  24. Big Bad Wolf - 1.00

And finally, the tribe averages:

Houdini: 7.23

Copperfield: 6.95

Tamariz: 5.45

The next round is tentatively scheduled around 5 or 5:30 PM EDT on Thursday (15 hours from now). It just depends on how the work day goes really! Have a nice night in the meantime everyone.

• Like 1

Oh not the unexpected chew from Ms. Gretchen... work a bit. :eek:

Sorry to see you both go. In honor of this double elimination, let's all stream "Hey Ricky":

Golden Hitmakers really are dropping like flies huh...

'This Is Me' is a song that deserved 3s and 4s? Do you even know from what movie it's taken from?

Even if you don't, this is a song that is heavily 'layered with unconditional self-love and acceptance' all throughout its duration. Not to mention that the 'natrator shows an intentional awereness that their worth is not dictated by other people'. Again, all throughout. There are so many lines about these things that I could bring up as examples, that I just won't bother. 

I could also make a case that the reason why this person feels the way she feels is because of the society not accepting her appearance. You can interpret the lyrics in a literal way. Not everything had to be metaphorical. "Hide away, they say cuz we don't want your broken parts". If this isn't society telling people that they do not fit in their standards, I don't know what is. There are even more instances of this, like the 'Run away' and the 'scars' line. 

Even if you think the song is not talking about society's beauty standars, you gave other songs that lacked them 5s and 6s and even 7s. What's with my scores?

The whole point if this rant is to show that even the judges are inconsistent and don't know what they are doing. I didn't just see it in my critiques, but other people's too. Accepting some things in certain entries, while for others you don't. And then scoring is a joke. 

Anyway 😌 I hope that we all do better in the next round, both me and the judges. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.