Top Posters In This Topic

• Blackout2006

• suburbannature

• JohnWayneHolland

• AvadaKedavra

Top Posters In This Topic

Deftones???? OMG Billie please serve us Be Quiet And Drive (Far Away) 2.0 :WAP:

18 hours ago, RunBoyRun said:

Why? Her videos have been amazing. (For the most part.)

Not really. HTE videos were… incredibly boring. The lack of strong imagery is part of why the music didn’t do as well. 

Her first 2 eras DSAM/WWFAWDWG had such strong videos and images. That’s a big part of what sold her. 

None of the HTE videos had any impact whatsoever 

Love that Billie constantly pushes herself artistically and it always pays off.  This is the perfect lane for her next era. 

5 minutes ago, Gaia said:

Not really. HTE videos were… incredibly boring. The lack of strong imagery is part of why the music didn’t do as well. 

Her first 2 eras DSAM/WWFAWDWG had such strong videos and images. That’s a big part of what sold her. 

None of the HTE videos had any impact whatsoever 

Yeah I agree somewhat.  Most of the HTE videos are good visually, but they didn't stray far from the symbolic imagery Billie has been recognized for since DSAM/WWAFAWDWG so the novelty that her previous material had wasn't there for HTE.  Lost Cause and Therefore I Am videos were lazy for Billie's standards too.  Same with the disappointing HTE album artwork being a rare miss for her.

Even with a few misses with the visuals during the HTE era Billie is still one of the few artists puts effort and delivers interesting visuals compared to her peers.  I'm sure with these influences her next album is going to have top tier visuals to go with the music.

20 minutes ago, Tm4074 said:

Love that Billie constantly pushes herself artistically and it always pays off.  This is the perfect lane for her next era. 

Yeah I agree somewhat.  Most of the HTE videos are good visually, but they didn't stray far from the symbolic imagery Billie has been recognized for since DSAM/WWAFAWDWG so the novelty that her previous material had wasn't there for HTE.  Lost Cause and Therefore I Am videos were lazy for Billie's standards too.  Same with the disappointing HTE album artwork being a rare miss for her.

Even with a few misses with the visuals during the HTE era Billie is still one of the few artists puts effort and delivers interesting visuals compared to her peers.  I'm sure with these influences her next album is going to have top tier visuals to go with the music.

I agree you can tell there’s effort and she’s so young you can’t expect her to be a Christopher Nolan of music videos. 

That being said she should stick to self directing the 3-4th single of the era. Not the first 2 that have the most impact generally 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.