• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crf13

• Cbreezy

• Nashe

• Facelessboy

omg is album flopping??

streams that are showing on spotify look like mega flop.

1 K play wTF

even some madi diaz has like 7 K

• Confused 1

I loved this album at first listen

It's very consistent and it's good. But there are a few duds too, definitely needed to be shorter.

But it's a mess at how it's flopping... Hopefully the Superbowl can boost it

This is a very good album ! A bit too long, but he's really back in the game. With a good SB, I think that he's going to chart very well globally. 

My top 3 so far is  

Kissing Strangers 

Stone Kold Freak 

BIG 

Little review

https://the-melting-pop.blogspot.com/2024/02/usher-3-titres-pour-decouvrir-son.html

• Like 1

Ngl, I’m disappointed. I wanted something more conceptual, introspective and cohesive but instead this sounds more like a playlist and the songs are so forgettable. There are definitely songs that stand out but nothing worthwhile. 

Still looking forward to his superbowl performance but I hope the album will be successful even though I’ll probably never listen to it again. 

• Confused 1

I am the Party deserves to be a single!! It's so damn catchy. 

SuperBowl doesn't do miracles darling 

Im pretty sire it will boost only his old catalog 

He should have tried to release at least 1 big comeback single 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, shark_heather said:

SuperBowl doesn't do miracles darling 

Im pretty sire it will boost only his old catalog 

He should have tried to release at least 1 big comeback single 

True.

That said, I think, on the one hand, we must remember that he is way more of a physical seller. So, his performance will be best measured by that metric. 

Similarly, I realized he didn't get much playlisting from Spotify, which makes me wonder if there's some initial frostiness from the Apple Music partnership he has going for the Super Bowl (which for sure will extend to his new music). 

At the same time, I very much agree about dropping a big single. He rode out Good Good (which did...good good lol) for a little too long. The minute it peaked, he should have dropped a big collab. I already felt he may be in the danger zone when I saw the tracklist had no big features. He needed to hitch his ride to a streaming beast as a hit single with that person would give the album residual heat. 

I also get the sense that he has too much on his plate. Because the Super Bowl is this premium experience, outside of Vegas + Paris, he's not actually been performing anywhere public-facing. He's been doing A LOT of promo, but it's mainly been about Halftime, rehearsals, etc with the album as a brief afterthought mention. 

The best bet now is that one of the songs catches on (I'll keep saying A Town has the ability to do a Nicki Everybody because of the prominence of the sample). 

Either way, he'll be fine (optics-wise) with a strong Super Bowl showing, a big tour, and #1 or top 10 album debut).

Edited by Cbreezy
  • Like 1

"Good Good" is not done yet, it's #30 on Apple Music rn and if he performs it on the Superbowl it could give it a big boost.

If it's a show-stopping moment, the song could re-peak on the Hot 100. It's still Top 20 on radio.

Edited by MatiRod
  • Like 2

they better push Kissing Strangers hard, I can't get it out of my head

A-Town Girl is the catchiest. Maybe i like the Uptown Girl sample in it

• Like 1

So far I really enjoy this, love the Cici shoutout on A Town Girl :jamming:

• Like 1

Not one song in the top 200 on Spotify, not even in the US, oh wow. 

• Thumbs Down 1

They really should have pushed a song more before the release, but oh well.

Somehow this album is taking me back to the 2000s and I like that.

• Like 1

Cold Blooded and Stone Kold Freak. Wheeeew!! those are some legit masterpieces

• Like 2

I heard the album 1 time so far but this is easily my instant fave, just classic Usher sound

• Thanks 2

I wish the album was shorter 20 songs is over kill. 12-15 would do cut the filler because there is some!

Overall i haven’t enjoyed a album from Usher since the early 10s.

Hope he can get another hit from the record.

• Like 1

It’s wild he’s never ask Brandy to be on one of his songs.

• Like 1

Though I think the best chance for a hit on this album would be "Please U remix w Bruno Mars"

AM US:

#29 Good Good

#147 Kissing Strangers

#156 Ruin

• Like 1

Not motivated to listen to 20 Usher songs in 2024, but I heard all the songs touted as highlights and they were all below average. This is really his last chance at a commercial comeback, what with the Superbowl and Good Good doing decently, so it's really disappointing he didn't come out with something better.

Truth be told, all his albums post-Confessions are mediocre, filler-heavy and unfocused. Usher's back catalogue will keep him coasting either way but to see him stuck on these B-tier r&b demos and still trying to pull this playboy/bachelor **** from his 20's (only with worse lyrics) is a shame. "Right after you make your decision, I'm gon' make my incision, girl"??? No.

The crazy thing is he already has a blueprint of what a grown Usher record should sound like: CLIMAX. And everyone loved it and it went #1 on radio and it was a solid hit. Why did he not go down that route and is singing about McDonald's instead? Anyway.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Cold Blooded

Stone Kold Freak

I Am The Party

Kissing Strangers

Ruin

Please U

I Love U

Good Good

Margiela

Room In A Room

Luckiest Man

Coming Home

One of Them Ones

so many good songs !!! yall gotta play it some more, I'm getting my life off it at the gym

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.