Nicki gets cryptic & shows off crew on live: "Dif between making calls/calling shots"

jakeisphat

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jakeisphat

• FOCK

• ImpressMeMuch

• BOOMBAYAH

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont understand the flex or the attitude tbh. They look scared, sitting there like hostages 

• Haha 4

:bibliahh:

shoot da dj! shouda put this on

Just like DJ Flopademics, you’re implying that they’re some sort of “scary goons”. 

You saw a room full of black men & felt it a convenient narrative to push, is that it? 

If you’d done the slightest bit of research, you’d know that her entire show was centred around platforming upcoming NY rappers. And that’s who they are, that’s what she did, to a viewership 3x bigger than the BET awards have had in 3 years, I might add. 

She took all that vitriol & attention & channeled it to uplifting up and coming artists. But here go your bitter selves. Lol. Tired. 

Eat it.

IMG-4516.jpg

Edited by FOCK
  • Thanks 14
  • Thumbs Down 1

17 minutes ago, imabadkid said:

INTER-resting how she's had problems with 10040202 women in the industry but she never pulled this on Kim, Mariah, etc. But with Cardi, now she's "gangsta" Nicki, put the nose candy down girl.

yeah because cardi has allowed herself to be positioned as atlantic’s pawn in a years long war against nicki, and she is happy to do so, as her global success rests solely on it 

the other girls beef was personal, this is much bigger. it’s very easy to learn about all of this, she gave cardi many chances but it didnt suit cardi’s agenda (or contractual obligations) to squash it or accept nicki’s welcome when she had the chance 

Edited by oshyms

12 minutes ago, FOCK said:

Just like DJ Flopademics, you’re implying that they’re some sort of “scary goons”. 

You saw a room full of black men & felt it a convenient narrative to push, is that it? 

If you’d done the slightest bit of research, you’d know that her entire show was centred around platforming upcoming NY rappers. And that’s who they are, that’s what she did, to a viewership 3x bigger than the BET awards have had in 3 years, I might add. 

She took all that vitriol & attention & channeled it to uplifting up and coming artists. But here go your bitter selves. Lol. Tired. 

Eat it.

IMG-4516.jpg

CLOCK IT

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, FOCK said:

Eat it.

IMG-4516.jpg

Nicki is married to a convicted murderer and rapist, who, as recent events show, is still involved in criminal activities. She subsequently shares a video clip featuring a gathering of (seemingly) straight men conspicuously gesturing gang signs, accompanied by her stating she “calls the shots.” The message she’s trying to deliver is clear, and there's no other way to interpret it. The #15-#78-OUT female rapper seems to be asserting more energy into this gangbanging persona than into healing whatever trauma led her to start acting a fool. 

• Like 17
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 6

27 minutes ago, imabadkid said:

INTER-resting how she's had problems with 10040202 women in the industry but she never pulled this on Kim, Mariah, etc. But with Cardi, now she's "gangsta" Nicki, put the nose candy down girl.

she did and Mariah ran crying to Barbara Walters 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BOOMBAYAH said:

featuring a gathering of (seemingly) straight men

…  you might want to talk to someone about this irrational fear. Or go outside. 

conspicuously gesturing gang signs,

Pray tell, mister discernment & New York expert, which “gangs” do these gestures represent? Do you carry this BS around in a bucket or have you just never been exposed to rap? 

accompanied by her stating she “calls the shots.” The message she’s trying to deliver is clear, and there's no other way to interpret it.

A rapper using a double entendre, wow. 

“making calls” - ratting out, working at the behest of someone else, reliance on others

”calling shots” - being the decision maker, the person who holds the power 

I know nuance is hard. You’ll get there.

seems to be asserting more energy into this gangbanging persona 

BOOTOMATAH actually believes this 5’3, Superbass songstress is out here gangbanging. Cute. 

IMG-4516.jpg

Edited by FOCK
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

I’m sorry but Nicki is a bitter loser who surrounds herself with thrash. How are you 40 still bragging about gang violence. Gotta be one of the most hypocritical people ever

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

32 minutes ago, OnikaSlays said:

she did and Mariah ran crying to Barbara Walters 

Just like Nicki actually RAN CRYING to that one DJ about Cardi? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I wanna hear their music! Genuinely. It was hard to catch the names… I might go back and see if I can find anything later. I will say those long awkward silences really between shouting random NY radio phrases and sound effects are FASCINATING

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.