'Scarlet' debut week on Spotify: 129.7M streams

Starkboy

36 minutes ago, Truth Teller said:

Wait ok I'm confused. So this basically did as much as Planet Her, which had like 3 singles getting massive playlist support at the time of release?

I mean, sure, Scarlett has 3 more songs on the tracklist and she's supposed to be bigger now than she was in 2021, but... if she's matching Planet Her the situation seems... fine?

Yeah it's fine but the album only charted 5/17 songs on Global chart is underwhelming, at least to me

PH was growing a lot during its release with multiple album tracks (and later singles) went huge viral, so maybe it will do the same thing to Scarlet

PTTR is an example of it so I don't count her out yet

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Nefertiti0

• KatyPrismSpirit

• slw84

The music, besides PTTR, hasn't connected on the same level as PH with the GP. The demand is obviously there and she'll be fine, but she needs to stay the pop/rap route in the future. 

Not good :rip:. I had a feeling it wasn’t going to do well based off the partial streams and being MIA from the Apple Music Charts for hours. 

18 minutes ago, Braz said:

The excuses... She's coming from a huge era, she has a number 1 smash hit and has released many videos and performed everywhere to promote the era. This should be her crowning moment.

This.

No matter what way you slice it yhe label definitely called her and let her know they weren't happy. This is a slump. 

this is a disaster but the album kinda boring so it’s deserved

• Like 1

Like the album is kinda mehh.. but I still hate the ******* GP for always only listening to singles only.. listen to the whole thing pff

7 minutes ago, TOKYO. said:

Like the album is kinda mehh.. but I still hate the ******* GP for always only listening to singles only.. listen to the whole thing pff

Who listens to the whole album of someone they don't stan?

The GP aren't stans, they just casually like songs from singers

Edited by Saintlor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HandsInTheAir said:

River's debut - 3.6M

Agora Hills's debut - 2.3M

The lack of respect for the gay anthem River :jonny:

Drag ha! River was swallowed by Flowers still being a monster :deadbanana:

Whats most worrying are the AM numbers tbh. This is a more urban leaning album and should be outpacing Rod Wave. Olivia is a pop artist who smashed on both there and Spotify with less tracks. She and Doja have had similar rollouts yet again.

The best thing to do is wait for day 2. Doja is a grower, but the trajectory of her other singles outside of PTTR haven't been great. 

36 minutes ago, Click Clack said:

scary-movie.gif

gurl PLEASE SXCDRTYHUJI9O0P¨M%LKJHGFD

PH was much more accesible , had better & more effective hooks and was full of potential hits so I'm not surprised this is not getting the global success.

US 1st day, 700k+ songs

kiss me more 1.74 mil

you right 1.57 mil

ain't **** 1.41 mil

i don't do drugs 1.09 mil

need to know 1.02 mil

woman 0.86 mil

get into it 0.75 mil

naked 0.75 mil

payday 0.73 mil = 9

paint the town red 2.37 mil

agora hills 0.97 mil

• Haha 1

It's what she deserves, honestly, for her attitude and for the quality of the music. :kitty:

Edited by Amethyst
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

Who listens to the whole album of someone they don't stan?

The GP aren't stans, they just casually like songs from singers

No but they can discover new music by listening to an album. I still dont get that kind of boring behavior. Whenever I see a (new) artist with a good single having an album I out; I check it..

She’s not even a singles artist. She’s more of a Tiktok artist. Her hits became actual singles because it blew up on tiktok. Now, all she needs is for Agora to blow up on TikTok and this era will be fine. 

this is giving weaker rih vibes (circa 2000s).

multiple albums that yielded a #1 hit, but non-huge album peaks.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.