Will Taylor Swift outsell Britney Spears in pure sales?

Aethereal

Will Taylor Swift outsell Britney spears in TEA album (units)?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Will she?

3 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

Well, what’s wrong with that? They’re not double counting anything in the OP, they explicitly convert to TEA units, and the industry standard way to handle things like 10 separate, non-CMA sales of SIO is to equivocate it to a single sale of 1989 based on broad price averages - hence a track equivalent album.

I was talking more generally about fanbases there. As in, they’ll convert 83m singles to 8.3m albums and then still go around with the 83m instead of 74.7. 

And yes, I know the OP is parroting a non sensical industry standard. I asked them why and instead of discussing they chose to just downvote me. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aethereal

• Cruel Summer

• suburbannature

• EmailMySwift

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

And yes, I know the OP is parroting a non sensical industry standard. I asked them why and instead of discussing they chose to just downvote me. 

Because I am tried of people making excuses and changing standards when it's no longer convenient for them. Nobody complained about 10 song sales = 1 album sale till now.

Ten digital downloads return almost the same revenue as a digital album sale. Also there is 3 physical single sales = 1 album sale, but I did not see you complaining about that.  

7 hours ago, Aristotle said:

Britney's 2 compilation albums have sold +7M. You can remove Taylor's re-recordings and Britney's compilation the gap would be the same.  

How many pure album sales will Britney's next studio album sell to change the gap? 

Lol this is why people hate Swifities. So pissy for no reason.

What I said is factual. Taylor is a massive seller, so by default when she drops more re-releases and next studio LP(s), she will inevitably outsell Britney. Why did that offend you so much to bring up irrelevant numbers like EPs and box sets. That’s why I mentioned studio albums.

7 hours ago, EmailMySwift said:

Britney could release 18 more studio albums and Taylor would still outsell her. 

And again, my post just highlighted that Taylor is a major seller so the amount of releases to come will naturally cause her to sell more eventually.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

Considering she has almost double the albums i don't see y not soon

Oh wow, common sense. I see you were not attacked for it!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Rico Shameless v2 said:

Lol this is why people hate Swifities. So pissy for no reason.

What I said is factual. Taylor is a massive seller, so by default when she drops more re-releases and next studio LP(s), she will inevitably outsell Britney. Why did that offend you so much to bring up irrelevant numbers like EPs and box sets. That’s why I mentioned studio albums.

I am not a Swiftie but I've noticed this pattern on the Army bringing factors with a negligible influence as an explanation why Britney was outsold as if the person in question was trying so hard and Britney is at sleep. This has been happening for years with many artists. 

Like mentioning an EP that added 100K sales and minor singles sales to the album as why Circus was outsold by X album when the gap is 1.5M. :zzz:

Edited by Aristotle

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.