'Bongos' Spotify debut week: #122 WW (9.6M) and #32 USA (4.7M)

Starkboy

On 9/12/2023 at 1:40 AM, EliMaraj said:

I mean.. to be fair, Megan's never charted high without an assist from a bigger artist (i.e. Nicki, Beyonce)

In fairness, Body would have been a solo 4-week top 10 hit with a #8 peak if it wasn't released during Christmas. Holiday songs dogpiled it. But it's generally true Megan hasn't been a major singles seller

• Thumbs Down 2

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KiiKii_Muppisha

• professor2000

• Click Clack

• espeon

This dropped on AM? It’s #29 now.  Thought VMAs would’ve had opposite effect.  :biblio:

Song isn’t her best (+ it’s grown on me), but performance of this song on streaming is baffling to me. 

On 9/11/2023 at 3:14 PM, espeon said:

“Spotify does not matter, she does better in AM”

Apple Music: #22 (-5)

a ******* disgrace hahaha

On 9/12/2023 at 6:32 PM, trubleu said:

A lot of people want to blame Cardi and yeah the song is not great, but people need to realize that Megan is still electrically polarizing. It was a real gamble to have her as a feature so soon after the Tory Lanez conviction.

the song is just ass, and cardi b has no talent. enough with the mental gymnastics 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 9/9/2023 at 2:09 PM, Love Again said:

And how is she gonna do that? She doesn't have the talent nor the skill to switch it up. Cardi was a product launched to end Nicki and Nicki fought back and won the war. Cardi is over, she will never have hits like she did in 2018 and 2020-2021 again

:gaycat:

On 9/9/2023 at 2:12 PM, Taeyong said:

I don't know why it's so hard for Cardi to put out a banger...

She is one of the biggest stars and has access to all of the best producers yet she decided on this mid song, and wasted a Megan feature

no talent

1 hour ago, vipanonymous said:

When will this go to #1? :duck:

It's not happening I fear. 

OT: Absolutely insane that she had WAP and Up to launch the album and now we're here...

• Like 1

On 9/11/2023 at 5:08 PM, EliMaraj said:

🌍 | Spotify Global: #32. “Barbie World” • (+4) [79 days] #151. “Bongos” • (-52) [3 days]

🇺🇸 | Spotify USA: #22. “Barbie World” • (+3) [79 days] #36. “Bongos” • (-10) [3 days]

Oh, it's bad for her. :dies:

One song is from the biggest film of the year.. 

Compare it to an actual Nicki single without the most desperate gimmicks.. 

The way old fans of an even older rap artist that can only do well by using current trending artists.. 

Nicki collabs with trash like 6ix9ine , married to trash.. I guess she has a type. 

Edited by ForgottenSoul

5 hours ago, ForgottenSoul said:

One song is from the biggest film of the year.. 

Compare it to an actual Nicki single without the most desperate gimmicks.. 

The way old fans of an even older rap artist that can only do well by using current trending artists.. 

Nicki collabs with trash like 6ix9ine , married to trash.. I guess she has a type. 

you wanna talk desperate gimmicks? in a thread about a lackluster WAP wannabe? :lmao:

• Haha 1

US Youtube, first week music video views for Bongos: 6.13 million

WAP official video debuted with: 41.9 million
WAP audio video debuted with: 7.82 million

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.