'Bongos' Spotify debut week: #122 WW (9.6M) and #32 USA (4.7M)

Starkboy

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KiiKii_Muppisha

• professor2000

• Click Clack

• espeon

1 hour ago, Black Jesus said:

So many people on this forum are swallowing a HUGE piece of humble pie right now :clap3:

This comment is flamebait???? JFC

🌍 | Spotify Global: #32. “Barbie World” • (+4) [79 days] #151. “Bongos” • (-52) [3 days]

🇺🇸 | Spotify USA: #22. “Barbie World” • (+3) [79 days] #36. “Bongos” • (-10) [3 days]

Oh, it's bad for her. :dies:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I thought it would pick up over the weekend after DJ's got a hold of it and people started hearing it. I've heard it a couple times on the radio and I like the clean edit.

This lukewarm reception makes me a little scared for Megan's next single.

Edited by NEUTRON

well it is nowhere close WAP and UP boppability, in fact it's a very ANNOYING song even on first listen imo, so the numbers make sense. 

i fear cardi 2nd album won't ever be released at this point, ugh i love IOP. :gaycat6:

3 hours ago, Selegend said:

well it is nowhere close WAP and UP boppability, in fact it's a very ANNOYING song even on first listen imo, so the numbers make sense. 

i fear cardi 2nd album won't ever be released at this point, ugh i love IOP. :gaycat6:

She’s been on a million mid tracks for the last 5 years instead of just making a damn studio album. It’s weird. And then she gets mad at people asking for an album :rip: 

She really needs to reevaluate how she’s handling her career. 

4 hours ago, NEUTRON said:

I thought it would pick up over the weekend after DJ's got a hold of it and people started hearing it. I've heard it a couple times on the radio and I like the clean edit.

I mean.. to be fair, Megan's never charted high without an assist from a bigger artist (i.e. Nicki, Beyonce)

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, EliMaraj said:

I mean.. to be fair, Megan's never charted high without an assist from a bigger artist (i.e. Nicki, Beyonce)

Very true

On 9/10/2023 at 4:50 AM, punisher said:

You have a 36 year old man in your avi who's entire recent discography is all about ******* (16 year old) chicks, money and his opps

Double standards...

That man in the avi is THE Artist of the Decade still outselling/outstreaming 99% of the industry today. You tried it

Edited by trubleu

22 hours ago, NEUTRON said:

A lot of people want to blame Cardi and yeah the song is not great, but people need to realize that Megan is still electrically polarizing. It was a real gamble to have her as a feature so soon after the Tory Lanez conviction.

8 minutes ago, trubleu said:

A lot of people want to blame Cardi and yeah the song is not great, but people need to realize that Megan is still electrically polarizing. It was a real gamble to have her as a feature so soon after the Tory Lanez conviction.

It’s heartwarming tbh to know cardi was always by her side during the case, but they shoulda knew the song wasn’t up to par with their previous work

16 minutes ago, trubleu said:

That man in the avi is THE Artist of the Decade still outselling/outstreaming 99% of the industry today. You tried it

Idgaf if he’s outstreaming or outselling but he’s a childish freak and that’s why he likes children

11 hours ago, trubleu said:

yea this is very true. A LOT of people turned on her after the Tory situation. Her last album showed me that.

15 hours ago, trubleu said:

She's really not lmao. The people that turned on her after the whole Tory Lanez shooting were never apart of her fanbase to begin with. At the end of the day her audience is predominantly women and the people who seem to dislike her now are mainly male hip-hop fans. In regards to how her last album performed..she dropped it with literally a week's notice and it had close to zero promo all in an attempt to get out of her contract.

Megan should be signed with Colombia soon so she can start a full fledged era with an actual machine behind her.

Bongos would've smashed if it was a better song this has nothing to do with Megan lmao.

Edited by Cotton
  • Thanks 1

Great news for US Spotify today - it’s almost back in the T40 :clap3:

US:  #42 (+1)

WW:  #171 (-23) :dancehall:

To be fair, this was never going to be a globally-successful track but it’s stable on US it looks like.

3 hours ago, Cbreezy said:

Number crunchers, with all things considered, where is this looking to debut? Top 10 possible?

The current data indicates it will debut between #13 through #16.

For a #10 position debut it will depend how much she sold with the CD physicals on her website and 10K of physical sales will be enough. 

5 minutes ago, Pop_Data said:

The current data indicates it will debut between #13 through #16.

For a #10 position debut it will depend how much she sold with the CD physicals on her website and 10K of physical sales will be enough. 

Thanks! Do the current predictions factor in the CDs sales? If so, is it to the number or more an estimate?

5 hours ago, Cotton said:

She's really not lmao. The people that turned on her after the whole Tory Lanez shooting were never apart of her fanbase to begin with. At the end of the day her audience is predominantly women and the people who seem to dislike her now are mainly male hip-hop fans. In regards to how her last album performed..she dropped it with literally a week's notice and it had close to zero promo all in an attempt to get out of her contract.

Megan should be signed with Colombia soon so she can start a full fledged era with an actual machine behind her.

Bongos would've smashed if it was a better song this has nothing to do with Megan lmao.

Megan needs a more supportive label. Body and Thot **** had the sales and streams, but not enough radio for top 10 or even #1. 

She's sold over 40 million records while being signed to a retired baseball player who is "allegedly" a cokehead and assaults his baby mothers with guns. He's being bankrolled by J. Prince and he has the reputation as an extortionist with gang connections all over. 

This is why I'm not interested in what atrl has to say cause they don't know what Megan has suffered cause of her race, skintone and star power with these men. I like Bongos but the push it's receiving cause of Cardi's label believing her says alot. It's not that hard to chart well when supported. 

Edited by Dreajae
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Dreajae said:

Megan needs a more supportive label. Body and Thot **** had the sales and streams, but not enough radio for top 10 or even #1. 

She's sold over 40 million records while being signed to a retired baseball player who is "allegedly" a cokehead and assaults his baby mothers with guns. He's being bankrolled by J. Prince and he has the reputation as an extortionist with gang connections all over. 

This is why I'm not interested in what atrl has to say cause they don't know what Megan has suffered cause of her race, skintone and star power with these men. I like Bongos but the push it's receiving cause of Cardi's label believing her says alot. It's not that hard to chart well when supported. 

Exactly. Like imagine looking at the heavy radio influenced Hot 100 to indicate how successful a song is (in when those two solo songs entered top 10 on Spotify and AM.

The pop girlies stans just don’t get it at all. Label issues can literally throw a whole career in the bin, and with as many layers to it as Megan’s it really isn’t comparable.

On 9/12/2023 at 4:06 PM, Magic_boXX said:

lmao she's going in on Cardi rn live:mandown:

This melting my brain

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.