Taylor Swift - The Eras Tour | On-demand on December 13

ariananext

1 hour ago, livelikemusic said:

I will wait for streaming if i feel like watching it... but which date(s) were filmed?

the first three SoFi Stadium dates I believe

• Like 1

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vale9001

• ariananext

• Enrique523

• Dear Reader

I'm going alone to the premiere night because there were only 2 random seats left for iMax.  Then I'm going on Saturday with a group of friends! :jonny5:

Over at the box office forums they're saying presales are massive to No Way Home levels... :ahh:girl 

I think she’s clearing 50m opening weekend :deadbanana2: everything near me is near sold out for opening weekend 3 days 

10 minutes ago, ALA said:

Over at the box office forums they're saying presales are massive to No Way Home levels... :ahh:girl 

Link? 

1 hour ago, Kylizzle said:

I think everyone here is underestimating this. With a true wide release at $20 a ticket she can clear 50M+ domestic opening. 

Exactly. This is Taylor Swift at her all time peak, if the overall theater release is wide enough she can easily break all time records for concerts.

1 hour ago, ALA said:

Wait, what? :psyduck:

40 minutes ago, Toxicity. said:

Link? 

35 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

Wait, what? :psyduck:

https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/31569-the-box-office-buzz-and-tracking-thread-summer-2023-edition/page/76/#comments

Members on this forum are very good at projecting box office #s and from a sample size of AMC they already estimated 300k+ tickets sold, and that's just AMC so yeah presales are massive. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ALA said:

https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/31569-the-box-office-buzz-and-tracking-thread-summer-2023-edition/page/76/#comments

Members on this forum are very good at projecting box office #s and from a sample size of AMC they already estimated 300k+ tickets sold, and that's just AMC so yeah presales are massive. 

HOLY SH*T :psyduck:

I'm shook right now. I expected big numbers but not THAT big :psyduck:

3 hours ago, mystery said:

But wouldn't the goal for this be an opening weekend record? Or are you expecting this to gross 3b?

I'm clearly joking lol :redface:

guys it's a like a concert

Taylor basically posted the link to fandango to get the tickets to her 500M followers all in one minute.

No "movie brand" has this big level of followers on social media. 300K tickets for what incredible they seems are like 5.5M dollars of earnings. We need to wait if it's not extremely frontloaded. Of course i would love to see it making 100M+ but right now we can make a comparison with any new normal movie. We need to wait how it still sells in like at least one week from now.

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

lmao Blum House moved the release date of The Exorcist: Believer (for those who dont know it was supposed to come out on the same day)

Just as the industry is taking out their calculators to figure out how this AMC distributed concert film to the top three circuits (and possibly more theaters) is bound to do in its opening weekend, off what will largely be a marketing campaign fueled by circuits’ social media, email blasts to loyalty clubs and Swift herself, this enormous presales figure for the pic’s four-weekend play is making distribution executives fall out of their chairs.

What does Eras Tour even comp to in regards to presales?

“Some Marvel movie,” adds a distribution guru.

They’re right: Days before Eternals opened, presales were at $13M. But Eras Tour is poised to be crazy higher.

https://deadline.com/2023/08/taylor-swift-eras-tour-movie-ticket-presales-box-office-1235533199/

EXCLUSIVE: Since going on sale at 7:15AM CT this morning, ticket presales for AMC’s Taylor Swift: Eras Tour concert film are well past $10M we hear per sources and counting. By the end of the day this presales figure will be tremendously north of what we’re seeing.

Just as the industry is taking out their calculators to figure out how this AMC distributed concert film to the top three circuits (and possibly more theaters) is bound to do in its opening weekend, off what will largely be a marketing campaign fueled by circuits’ social media, email blasts to loyalty clubs and Swift herself, this enormous presales figure for the pic’s four-weekend play is making distribution executives fall out of their chairs.

Edited by ALA

First she was The Music Industry, then she was The American Economy, and now she’s branching out to become The Film Industry too :gaycat:

• Like 9

Why is this performing like blockbuster films. Nobody can touch her :ahh:

Not The Exorcist moving their premiere date too :ahh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So with an average of $19 per ticket that's +525k tickets sold or am I missing something?

What does Eras Tour even comp to in regards to presales?

“Some Marvel movie,” adds a distribution guru.

They’re right: Days before Eternals opened, presales were at $13M. But Eras Tour is poised to be crazy higher.

And Eternals opened with 71m :fan: this has more than one month of presales to go

this movie impact will really end any discussion from stans of these seasonal popstars against this pop giant in the likes of Elvis and MJ. 

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.