Miley: "Hollywood Records told me See You Again wasn't going to be a hit"

Scars

17 hours ago, Superbitch said:

That’s crazy cuz she was selling millions even without the big support of pop radio. See you again was her breakout outside her base. I never watched Hanna and that song made me a Miley fan. Then 7 things sold quite a bit and was a top 10. The climb was MASSIVE. When I look at you was kinda seen as an underperformance but looking back it hit top 20 and 3x platinum. Even can’t be tamed went to 10. Then bangers came. Mikey has THE HITS. 

ot: stupid ass label. A lot of their acts had very good music that could’ve done way better if supported more. See you again is top 5 Miley for me. Such a great pop song.

Which is why she is a good candidate for the Super Bowl and a Era like your 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rac7d

• Scars

• Walk_Away21

• Saintlor

Top Posters In This Topic

This was her debut single? Never knew that. First song I saw on mtv was 7 things and I hated it. This and Fly on the wall however... BOPS

19 hours ago, Scars said:

Reminder that not only did Hollywood Records refuse to do a music video for See You Again, but also threatened to sue the radio stations that initially played the song when it started to organically take off, as you can hear here:

It starts at 2:00!

:toofunny3:

The label eventually came around on the idea and released it as Miley's debut single. Despite the lack of a video, See You Again peaked at #10 on Hot 100, #5 on digital sales, #4 on pop radio and #31 on 2008's Hot 100 year-end. Herstory!

I thought GNO was her first single?

She was so cute back then

Not people taking this moment to bash the bop that was Start All Over.

Out of the fire and into the fire again for you all. :thing:

2 hours ago, rac7d said:

I thought GNO was her first single?

She was so cute back then

It was a Radio Disney single lmao

Re-affirms that Hollywood Records is one of the worst record labels in the history of the music industry. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.