Miley: "Hollywood Records told me See You Again wasn't going to be a hit"

Scars

That was a classic, THAT WAS A CLASSIC. Can't believe that trashy record label decided to not push it, HR really was a mess at promo

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rac7d

• Scars

• Superbitch

• Saintlor

Top Posters In This Topic

HR sabotaged its artists all the time, like HOWWW was that label running? They got really lucky with their talent & the fanbases.

Hilary's Metamorphosis literally got them out of bankruptcy and they still killed her next era.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

Start All Over deserved so much better. One of her best singles AND music videos

I remember being gagged when it used to air during Disney Channel ad breaks

Start All Over was the song they initially wanted to push as her debut single instead of See You Again, that's why they did a MV for it and everything. :dies:

They eventually gave up on it and SOA was downgraded to a cute second single limited to Disney Channel/Radio Disney.

Edited by Scars
  • Like 1

that label is truly the worst label of all time

different singel choice is one thing but imagine threaten radio for the song organic rise is wild

1 hour ago, Saintlor said:

I was always under the impression Miley's pre-bangerz music (aside from PITUSA) flopped and was only popular within her fanbase, I didn't know she had multi platinum songs that charted well

That’s crazy cuz she was selling millions even without the big support of pop radio. See you again was her breakout outside her base. I never watched Hanna and that song made me a Miley fan. Then 7 things sold quite a bit and was a top 10. The climb was MASSIVE. When I look at you was kinda seen as an underperformance but looking back it hit top 20 and 3x platinum. Even can’t be tamed went to 10. Then bangers came. Mikey has THE HITS. 

ot: stupid ass label. A lot of their acts had very good music that could’ve done way better if supported more. See you again is top 5 Miley for me. Such a great pop song.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, DuffStan said:

HR sabotaged its artists all the time, like HOWWW was that label running? They got really lucky with their talent & the fanbases.

Hilary's Metamorphosis literally got them out of bankruptcy and they still killed her next era.

Tbh they relied heavily on Disney channel and radio Disney. A lot of songs from their acts are remembered and make you think they peak high because of that. 

This song continues to eat to this day 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, unclefloprry said:

They didn’t lie. Never heard that song

when a post literally fits the poster’s name wow 

• Haha 2

Ugh this song slays. Still sounds fresh in the Olivia era

• Like 1

I used to blow up my local radio station and call other US Top 40 stations and request this song back in 2007…

I low key believe I helped “See You Again” become the hit it became  :gaycat:

Edited by Brikenbur
  • Like 2

The way they were SO wrong

A #4 peaking smash in my country - the fact she did that at 14:superman:

• Like 2

Labels not knowing **** as usual!

• Like 1

The way that whenever this song comes on in the car, all my family and friends stop talking and jam out:jonny6:

Gets my Grandpa in the backseat twerking everytime 👏

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Superbitch said:

Mikey has THE HITS. 

Mikey Cylust

4 hours ago, Rebel Lion said:

She could have paid for it herself.

🙄

Just now, ALΞX said:

🙄

The way I consistently see posters here getting in imaginary arguments with a then 14/15 year old girl lol

Hollywood Records proving yet again how terrible of a label it is, RCA is quaking :jonny5:

So glad this Iconic debut single Smashed and proved Hollyflop Records WRONG :WAP:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Song is still such a bop, one of her best! Deserved to be even more of a hit than it was, that label is just terrible. 

• Like 1

Hollywood Records is an awful label wbk 

Hollywood Records and RCA in a battle to see who can be the worst record label 

yeah, a visual is what was stopping it from happening in Europe. Music videos & music channels were everything back in the day

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Scars said:

Miley's commercial prime is extremely underrated here on ATRL. The lack of airplay support hurted her full potential, but all of her pre-Bangerz singles are multiplatinum except Start All Over and Fly On the Wall, which weren't sent to radio. 

The Climb sold 4.5 million pure sales in the US, peaked at #4 on Hot 100 and made it to #21 on 2009's Hot 100 year-end. 7 Things spent multiple weeks inside the top10 despite not being touched by radio and When I Look At You is a cute 3x platinum-certified top20 hit that has over 420M streams on Spotify, which is great for a 2009 song.

Why the hell weren't those sent those to radio? I just... don't understand that label 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BornUnbroken said:

Wow, this definitely would've impacted its peak during that time. Hilary may be the blueprint, but Miley's radio and chart success really made it so the rest of the girls could break through too.

Hilary broke the wall but Miley showed them how profitable it is.

The Rock Mafia Remix on Breakout still goes off :gaycatina1:

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.