Charli XCX unfollows Rina Sawayama | Charli speaks out beef ended

Sugden

1 hour ago, rihxnicki said:

It’s because of embarrassing **** like this… https://x.com/ethanbogardd/status/1697018753559507320?s=46&t=PEIrmcmoLPDDs5hgt5z2qA

How can you be so dramatic and serious in both your performance and your appearance, just to talk about ‘microaggressions’ and your masters which are probably worth about £1.50? Let’s get a grip woman, you’re 33.

i fail to see how her, an asian woman, being tired of her work being owned by an asian hating white man is embarassing??

• Like 3

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Archetype

• Espresso

• Windy Day

• brooklyndaddy

17 minutes ago, Windy Day said:

i fail to see how her, an asian woman, being tired of her work being owned by an asian hating white man is embarassing??

I didn’t say that, I said that putting on a melodramatic performance like that and then talking about microaggressions and your masters as if they’re some world-ending, serious matter is embarrassing. Especially at the age of 33.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 7

Anyone who unironically uses the term SJW in 2023 is not to be taken seriously 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Archetype said:

and it only became a problem when her contract renegotiations went south. 

• Haha 2

The fact that y'all are picking sides as if it's a WWE match and throwing harmful accusations when NO ONE knows the details behind it and when it is NONE of our concern what is going on between the two. You're not any better than M*tty Healy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Delusional said:

I didn’t realise so many gays absolutely hated Charli :ahh:

They don’t. They just like to be against “basic gays” who like her... which is really just feminine gays. 

5 hours ago, rihxnicki said:

It’s because of embarrassing **** like this… https://x.com/ethanbogardd/status/1697018753559507320?s=46&t=PEIrmcmoLPDDs5hgt5z2qA

How can you be so dramatic and serious in both your performance and your appearance, just to talk about ‘microaggressions’ and your masters which are probably worth about £1.50? Let’s get a grip woman, you’re 33.

U are disgusting…

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ahauntingnearu said:

Charlie a fool, nothing new to see here.

She has nothing unique or meaningful to say with her music, whereas Rina has both - with RS1 especially. Charlie never could have done that album.. and I don't just mean vocally (which...)

And thank God for that. Saint Charles explored meaningful themes more creatively on How I’m Feeling Now than Rina with her cheesy Kidz Bop cornball fluff ballads EVER could. :heart:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

4 hours ago, Archetype said:

Let’s not, Rina knew who she was signing with and it only became a problem when her contract renegotiations went south.  To think Matty saying racist things in 2023 is the sole reason for her public campaign against him “owning her masters” is to say she purposely ignored everything he’s said and done before for her own convenience and career gain.  I love both Rina and Charli but I’m always sus about their intentions.

like i don't know what went down behind the scenes, you don't either. you don't know what rina experienced behind closed doors and how she has tried to deal with it over the years if she tried. there are plenty of cases where people try to rectify situations on their own or in closed circles before speaking out.

and lets say you're right. yes, it is nasty to sign with a bigot knowingly. but to willingly befriend and defend said bigot will always be weirder to me 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ICLDXU4HS said:

And thank God for that. Saint Charles explored meaningful themes more creatively on How I’m Feeling Now than Rina with her cheesy Kidz Bop cornball fluff ballads EVER could. :heart:

The goofery of it all

I really think Charli is quite a mean and toxic person tbh. I love her music, but her personality is just off. Too full of herself just because some messy gays think of her as an icon. She's been a ***** to Iggy too. She really should touch some grass. Rina on the other hand is a very real and authentic person. Love them both, but I would never want to be friends with Charli.

14 hours ago, Windy Day said:

i dont understand why ppl are saying rina is a sjw? she's a fully japanese and queer woman who grew up in a racist white country. she's just standing for herself but despite this forum having mainly gay users, i think it's too difficult to comprehend considering the majority here has always been privileged due to the color of their skin

you make a great point. totally agree.

and SJWism was a dumb word to use and I apologize for that.

Edited by One Rude Boy
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Whatever it is, I'm siding with the non-white...if she is dragging Matty, clearly shows she is not entitled and not problematic so :clap3::giraffe:

3 hours ago, J Legend X said:

Whatever it is, I'm siding with the non-white...if she is dragging Matty, clearly shows she is not entitled and not problematic so :clap3::giraffe:

maxresdefault.jpg

• Thumbs Down 1

On 8/31/2023 at 10:06 AM, Pendulum said:

The fact that y'all are picking sides as if it's a WWE match and throwing harmful accusations when NO ONE knows the details behind it and when it is NONE of our concern what is going on between the two. You're not any better than M*tty Healy. 

This. It is their own business. But what else is new. People online will nitpick and hate every single thing and everyone. Friends argue and get together. It’s okay

White people went in on this thread lmao. Rina done pissed them awf I fear. 

Edited by Namie-Knowles
  • Thanks 2

People act as if unfollowing is some big event. All of them are insufferable.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.