Nelly Furtado & Juanes - "GALA Y DALÍ"

okgo

Snippet available here 

Doesn’t sound as the lead single (and I don’t think it is), but I’ll stream to death anything she will release. Always 💖

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GiulioLIFESTYLE

• Dark Miracles

• okgo

• karma police

surely she’s not dropping a spanish track as the lead :rip: 

4 minutes ago, Scandalous said:

surely she’s not dropping a spanish track as the lead :rip: 

I mean, No Hay Igual was the lead of Loose so

• Thanks 1

So exciting :jonny5: FINALLY

“I could give myself an opportunity to break away from my sound, from what I play on the guitar, to go to a more Caribbean, so to speak, more danceable sound, which Nelly also wanted to have in this song.”

d95.gif

oh this is major. people loved her collab with juanes so if this is good people will support. do not underestimate this

4 hours ago, naval23 said:

I want real music not flop droplets 

their original collab was a hit and a staple in latin culture do your research

I LOVE Fotografia, their first collab, and still listen to it! It gets me in the feels in lots of ways. :chick3: So I'm definitely looking forward to this. The title is intriguing too, Nelly often approaches pretty unique topics and themes, I love that about her!

• Like 2

Do y'all prefer Fotografía or Te Busqué?

TB's lyrics are so sad :'( 

• Like 2

Btw it's produced by team that also made Despacito

d95.gif

• Like 1

Oh wow Nelly's not playing !

Apparently, we'll have a new song called "Never Lost" to be released next month :duca: 

7 hours ago, Movimento Perpétuo said:

Apparently, we'll have a new song called "Never Lost" to be released next month :duca: 

2 new songs in the space of like 2 weeks, we are not used to eating like this 😭

• Thanks 1

oh shes finally moving ! (not slamming this song in any way but i would have preferred corazon as the lead)

2:46

• Thanks 1

I don't think it's the lead

Edited by karma police

• 2 weeks later...

IT'S RELEASE WEEK :jonny5:

4 hours ago, zach said:

IT'S RELEASE WEEK :jonny5:

Lezzgo :duca:

New info on the song:

The origin of how "Gala y Dali" came to life is a fascinating story. Furtado reveals that Juanes had the song over 20 years ago but had previously lost it in a backpack and hadn't heard it since. "A friend had his backpack sitting around at his house all these years and he finally gave it back to him. Inside the backpack was this brilliant song. It wasn't completed, so he asked me to record on it,” she explains. After helping develop the song, the pair went into the studio to record. "We recorded it in the same studio that we recorded 'Te Busque' as well, so it was a bit like a time warp,” Furtado adds. "There's just so much nostalgia. We reference 'Fotografía' in the song, so we're self-referencing, which I'm having so much fun with.”

New info on Nelly's album:

Now, we know what you're all thinking. After teasing listeners with three collaborations, when will fans finally get to hear Furtado's long-awaited seventh studio album? The expected answer to that question is: Soon! But no, seriously. The lead single is said to be released in May while the cover art for the album is being shot next month. "That I'm excited about,” Furtado teases. "I can't reveal too much, but it's gonna be elevated.”

Having created over 200 songs for the project, Furtado is whittling down which will make the final cut. "We're currently in the mixing space,” she says. Club bangers can be expected, as well as ballads. No stranger to a bilingual moment, Furtado will also be singing in Spanish. "This current version, it's about 10 to 20 percent Spanish,” she insists. The motive she's setting out this time around? Getting **** done. "We're doing it right. We're doing all the things,” Furtado says. "We have big plans and I'm so excited about it because I'm in a better head space than ever. I've never loved being an entertainer more. I feel like I'm really owning it.”

https://www.euphoriazine.com/blog/2024/03/covers-nelly-furtado/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Dark Miracles said:

Soon

:suburban:

Edited by karma police
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Dark Miracles said:

New info on the song:

The origin of how "Gala y Dali" came to life is a fascinating story. Furtado reveals that Juanes had the song over 20 years ago but had previously lost it in a backpack and hadn't heard it since. "A friend had his backpack sitting around at his house all these years and he finally gave it back to him. Inside the backpack was this brilliant song. It wasn't completed, so he asked me to record on it,” she explains. After helping develop the song, the pair went into the studio to record. "We recorded it in the same studio that we recorded 'Te Busque' as well, so it was a bit like a time warp,” Furtado adds. "There's just so much nostalgia. We reference 'Fotografía' in the song, so we're self-referencing, which I'm having so much fun with.”

Now, we know what you're all thinking. After teasing listeners with three collaborations, when will fans finally get to hear Furtado's long-awaited seventh studio album? The expected answer to that question is: Soon! But no, seriously. The lead single is said to be released in May while the cover art for the album is being shot next month. "That I'm excited about,” Furtado teases. "I can't reveal too much, but it's gonna be elevated.”

Having created over 200 songs for the project, Furtado is whittling down which will make the final cut. "We're currently in the mixing space,” she says. Club bangers can be expected, as well as ballads. No stranger to a bilingual moment, Furtado will also be singing in Spanish. "This current version, it's about 10 to 20 percent Spanish,” she insists. The motive she's setting out this time around? Getting **** done. "We're doing it right. We're doing all the things,” Furtado says. "We have big plans and I'm so excited about it because I'm in a better head space than ever. I've never loved being an entertainer more. I feel like I'm really owning it.”

I know I am I clown for this, but I choose to believe her (and be disappointed again) :clown:

36 minutes ago, Dark Miracles said:

New info on the song:

so this for sure isn't the lead (I mean I know it wasn't expected to be but still lol) 

do we know if she's signed to a label again yet? I just hope there's a proper rollout in place atm the sentences still seem kinda vague to me :skull:

I beg her to throw Eat Your Man even on the deluxe, been playing that a lot recently:duca: hopefully the upcoming album has more bangers like that

Other important bits from the interview:

While Furtado has a history of taking her time between album releases, she insists that the new LP is just the stepping stone for what she has planned. "I've never stopped making music. I don't see the album I'll be putting out this year as the end-all. I feel like there's gonna be part one, part two, part three, because I have so much more music lined up. I've never kind of been in a state of mind of understanding that my job and my craft is making music, but that doesn't mean you stop when you finish an album. Like, what is finished? Like, what does that even mean? You just continue and perpetually make music. A lot of times that's when you hit gold,” she says.

Also hopefully the moment-killer joint project with Timbaland and JT is not happening (they made it sound as it was already almost done when the song was released:

As for that collaborative album with Timberlake and Timbaland that the latter previously announced, Furtado claims that "Keep Going Up" is all that has come out of their studio sessions. That said, she isn't ruling anything out. "We need to pick up where we left off with that. We haven't started on any new music, but I am open to that 100 percent. I would love to work with both of them and make at least an EP. Like, why not?” she adds.

I don't know how much we are really getting to hear from all of this, but it's so good to even having hope for new music from her :clap3:

She sounds so happy and in a good space, and I got emotional from reading this 

Edited by GiulioLIFESTYLE
  • Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.