• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UnderratedVocalist

• Inverted

• spiritboy

• iamluisfelipe

She just looks like her beautiful self. She obviously has the main character down with the mannerisms and such, but she is not giving me the character otherwise rn with the costuming or make-up. Norma is supposed to look make-up'd and dressed to the gods at all times because she has gaudy and ridiculous taste and is completely desperate to claim on to her fame of yesteryears no matter how out of touch with reality she is. In her head she is the queen of england and silent cinema.

Maybe they just had Nicole pose in her regular clothes for this trailer? Am i missing something? :rip: Nicole will nail the acting and singing though.

isn't she a little too young to be Norma Desmond? :rip:

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, popmusicisdead said:

Hmm it kind of makes sense for modern times/ a woman over 40 etc... I dont mind this take

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Jaded. said:

She just looks like her beautiful self. She obviously has the main character down with the mannerisms and such, but she is not giving me the character otherwise rn with the costuming or make-up. Norma is supposed to look make-up'd and dressed to the gods at all times because she has gaudy and ridiculous taste and is completely desperate to claim on to her fame of yesteryears no matter how out of touch with reality she is. In her head she is the queen of england and silent cinema.

Maybe they just had Nicole pose in her regular clothes for this trailer? Am i missing something? :rip: Nicole will nail the acting and singing though.

She's not in costume. :rip:

54 minutes ago, popmusicisdead said:

Only slightly. Norma is meant to be 50, Nicole is 45.

15 minutes ago, Lovett said:

She's not in costume. :rip:

Only slightly. Norma is meant to be 50, Nicole is 45.

That makes sense. I think they should’ve had her in costume. Norma’s look is so important to her character. 

A lil too beautiful to be Norma but maybe with tons of makeup it will be believable 

this role makes so much sense to Nicole... i mean, just look at her career for the past 10 years. CMON NICOLE, GRAB THAT OLIVIER

intro-1648129406.jpg

i kinda don't see it, but Acting can overcome that

6 hours ago, popmusicisdead said:

I was thinking exactly the same thing. Hope this'll be a success though and somehow helps the movie with Glenn Close happen.

This is such an odd trailer? What's the point of not having her in costume? This literally looks like a perfume ad or a photoshoot bts :rip: 

I also think she's a bit too young to play Norma, but I look forward to hearing her recordings of the music :jonny:

That face is plumped for the GODS! But... I don't feel she's right for the role. Glenn Close & Gloria Swanson are essential as Norma.

On 8/14/2023 at 10:12 AM, Jaded. said:

Norma is supposed to look make-up'd and dressed to the gods at all times because she has gaudy and ridiculous taste and is completely desperate to claim on to her fame of yesteryears no matter how out of touch with reality she is. In her head she is the queen of england and silent cinema.

On 8/14/2023 at 10:39 AM, popmusicisdead said:

On 8/14/2023 at 12:20 PM, WEEKND said:

A lil too beautiful to be Norma but maybe with tons of makeup it will be believable 

On 8/14/2023 at 1:18 PM, fridayteenage said:

intro-1648129406.jpg

i kinda don't see it, but Acting can overcome that

On 8/14/2023 at 5:41 PM, spiritboy said:

I was thinking exactly the same thing. Hope this'll be a success though and somehow helps the movie with Glenn Close happen.

On 8/14/2023 at 5:49 PM, BODERLINE said:

I also think she's a bit too young to play Norma, but I look forward to hearing her recordings of the music :jonny:

On 8/15/2023 at 9:34 AM, livelikemusic said:

That face is plumped for the GODS! But... I don't feel she's right for the role. Glenn Close & Gloria Swanson are essential as Norma.

These are the same initial reactions people had to Nicole playing Grizabella in Cats. They thought they she was too young and too beautiful so they saw it as a complete miscasting. But the idea of the character is clearly there. In fact, Grizabella and Norma are basically alternate versions of Nicole's own reality so neither roles are far fetched for her. Replace "Norma" with "Nicole" in @Jaded.'s post and it looks like a comment insulting Nicole under those PCD fan accounts. :skull: 

FYI - Glenn Close and Patti Lupone were both younger than Nicole when they first played Norma Desmond.

no shade, but do they stunt cast random celebrities for this production of sunset blvd the way they do chicago on broadway? she seems very miscast. 

30 minutes ago, teresaguidice said:

no shade, but do they stunt cast random celebrities for this production of sunset blvd the way they do chicago on broadway? she seems very miscast. 

She got the role because Andrew Lloyd Weber really like her and recognizes her talent. Let's wait until we see actually plays the part. People said the same thing about her in Cats and she got nominated for an Olivier. 

3 hours ago, Inverted said:

These are the same initial reactions people had to Nicole playing Grizabella in Cats. They thought they she was too young and too beautiful so they saw it as a complete miscasting. But the idea of the character is clearly there. In fact, Grizabella and Norma are basically alternate versions of Nicole's own reality so neither roles are far fetched for her. Replace "Norma" with "Nicole" in @Jaded.'s post and it looks like a comment insulting Nicole under those PCD fan accounts. :skull: 

FYI - Glenn Close and Patti Lupone were both younger than Nicole when they first played Norma Desmond.

Eh I certainly wasn’t coming for her. Ever since that phantom of opera clip I’ve been on her side. A truly talented gal. I do think she’s very beautiful 😩 I think it could work just that they would need to make her look less pretty than she actually is. Neither Glenn nor Patti are seeing Nicole when it comes to beauty…. At ANY age. 

The trailer is bad. Don't blame nicole here when the creatives clearly skiped this meeting

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I saw the show last night here in London. 

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

It’s as if she poured all the crap and missed opportunities she’s been through into this one performance, one of the rawest and most intense performances I’ve seen ever in the West End.

Sometimes these “stunt” castings are to mask a weak production, but all of that is excellent too. Like a black and white minimalist look crossed with 1984. Story is more grounded like the movie versus the older musical. 

But man, Nicole just elevates everything. You can physically and emotionally see her bringing out the best out of the supporting cast and performers, the production values.

I know she doesn’t have the credibility of other female pop stars on here, but she could easily earn an Oscar nomination and possibly win for Best Actress if they made this as a movie.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.