Billy Porter shares his issue with Harry Styles being the first solo man on Vogue

Gwendolyn

15 hours ago, Communion said:

Does  Billy Porter think Harry Styles is non-binary? Wy is the nb community catching strays? :deadbanana4:

I think Billy thought Harry was nb? There's a lot of talk how Harry is queer and maybe he just assumed Harry thought he was NB?

Billy's saying that, at the end of the day, Harry is just a white, straight male being applauded for things other people did, without facing the consequences that the originators faced. I don't think Harry has ever come out as straight. I'm pretty sure Harry has always made a conscious effort to keep his sexuality private. I think it's a great thing to take that stance especially if he is straight. No one should be up in anyone's business. Harry's efforts aren't better or worse just because of the type of gender he likes. Sometimes it feels like people want to be accepted without losing their niche status. You also can't pick and choose who you inspire with your art once it's out there. If you wanted it to be kept within the community, then you shouldn't want it to be televised at all... But that clearly isn't the goal.

• Thumbs Down 2

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GraceRandolph

• More Than A Melody

• Relampago.

• gotportugal

What he said is completely right, even if he only said it because he wanted it to be him.

• Thumbs Down 1

All of this debate when the reality is that Billy is simply jealous lol

One think I don't like about community is the way they always want everything be around them. Like they're the only one who can break gender roles, the only one who can speak about non binarism, etc, trashing all of our allies in the process.

Then they complain and cry about how society discriminate us when deep down we're just the same. Previous pages shows the worst of our community 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

The funny thing here is that Billy Porter presseness is this whole situation seems much more related to him not being acknolwedge rather than them not acknowledging a queer or POC artist. They chose Harry because he's actually famous, Billy. 

But other than that he has made some points

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

The dress is too ugly to even warrant these discussion in 2023 like bffr :skull:

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

9 hours ago, Mariya Takeuchi said:

ATRL now likes Harry? 

tumblr_ner0wi61w41qdbkoho2_1280.gif

Billy Porter is simply that annoying that even Harry is better. 

tumblr_ner0wi61w41qdbkoho2_1280.gif

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 2

I mean… he’s right but this was two years ago. The time to speak on it was then. 

Honestly, the top male models of the 90s should have been first. Tyson Beckfor or Marcus Schenkenberg. 

33 minutes ago, sunbathinganimal said:

the Harry stan downvoting everything :rip:

they downvoted me even though I'm actually on his side :skull:

• Haha 5

why is that man so obsessed with Harry? he's literally talking about him on a monthly basis... :rip:

smoore95GAGA

The fact that I just searched for "people who have been on the cover of Vogue" and I'm finding several black women :priceless:

Atrl hating on a real queer person and defending a white straight person who is volturing our community? Color me shocked 
Let me guess yall went to the born brave bus too when you were young right? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, RedCarpet said:

it's just a magazine cover 

:gaycat6: hes acting like styles got nobel peace prize not that some capitalistic company wanted quick check so they used whoever was trendy at that moment.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bey'Knight said:

What exactly is the goal here? If we are trying to deconstruct gender norms, shouldn’t “overlooked” be considered an advancement?

Liberalism like this that tries to make a point removed from material reality is so funny dd.

who even reads Vogue in the real world for this to be such a big issue? And anyone who does read Vogue, I doubt they think about the implications of who is on the cover

4 hours ago, sunbathinganimal said:

the Harry stan downvoting everything :rip:

The fact that they're still in here doing it :deadbanana:

• Haha 2

I legitimately have no idea what Billy Porter even does for a living. Does he act? Sing? Dance? 

The only I place I see them is on red carpets in dresses and complaining in the media.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 3

On 8/12/2023 at 12:13 PM, Cameltoe Chariot said:

Well that's funny Miss Billy, because you certainly had no problem being centre stage for all things Pose while paying dust to all the iconic trans women the show revolved around :gaycat:

Blooooop

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.