Billy Porter shares his issue with Harry Styles being the first solo man on Vogue

Gwendolyn

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GraceRandolph

• More Than A Melody

• Relampago.

• gotportugal

Why am i not surprised to see ATRL praise the poor white straight man while viciously attacking the black gay man? So predictable :toofunny3:

Harry doesn't need you to defend him, he already has all the privilege in the world. I don't even like Billy Porter that much but there's a point to be made here.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

He gives me "I am the only one who deserves attention" teas... but girl, you are boring lol.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

Why am i not surprised to see ATRL praise the poor white straight man while viciously attacking the black gay man? So predictable :toofunny3:

Harry doesn't need you to defend him, he already has all the privilege in the world. I don't even like Billy Porter that much but there's a point to be made here.

We don't like him either

He’s not entirely wrong but at the same time Billy Porter is extremely self centred and couldn’t care less about our community (blk queer ppl) especially blk trans women so eh. 

It’s obvious he’s bitter because he feels like he was snubbed in favor of Harry Styles. He needs to let it go.

None of this really matters because the only person Billy Porter wanted on that cover was Billy Porter. He has got to be one of the most self centered, bitter celebs. I had always gotten those vibes from him, but his comments towards the rest of the Pose cast really sealed the deal that he just has an ugly personality. 

• Like 2

so white straight men aren't allowed to act feminine? isn't that reinforcing gender stereotypes?... so hypocritical.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, 1989 said:

None of this really matters because the only person Billy Porter wanted on that cover was Billy Porter. He has got to be one of the most self centered, bitter celebs. I had always gotten those vibes from him, but his comments towards the rest of the Pose cast really sealed the deal that he just has an ugly personality. 

Oh what did he say about them?

1 hour ago, badgirlriri said:

Oh what did he say about them?

https://madamenoire.com/1180706/billy-porter-indya-moore-pose-emmys/amp/

I found his comments to be very disrespectful, to say the least.

No one insinuated that he shouldn’t celebrate his nomination (and subsequent win)—as a gay black man, he absolutely should, and no one should take that away from him. But his dismissal of the fact that he (a cis man) was the only one nominated for a show that showcased many trans actors was distasteful. Add that to him just blatantly ignoring the battles that trans people in Hollywood have had to face…not a great look. Would it have hurt him to say that while he’s thrilled about his nomination, he’s disappointed his fellow cast mates didn’t get the same recognition? Even something as simple as that would’ve meant so much to the trans community. Instead, he just came across as very “me me me”. 

Saying trans actors should “wait their turn” is extremely tone deaf, even if he didn’t mean that in a negative way, and many of his cast mates were hurt/disappointed by his comments. He’s made other snarky comments about “his time to shine” before, but these were the worst. 

(Also, none of this is directed at you btw, I know you simply asked what he said. I just wanted to add on to it because that’s why I personally don’t care for him and feel like most of the time he’s advocating for no one but himself.) 

6 minutes ago, 1989 said:

https://madamenoire.com/1180706/billy-porter-indya-moore-pose-emmys/amp/

I found his comments to be very disrespectful, to say the least.

No one insinuated that he shouldn’t celebrate his nomination (and subsequent win)—as a gay black man, he absolutely should, and no one should take that away from him. But his dismissal of the fact that he (a cis man) was the only one nominated for a show that showcased many trans actors was distasteful. Add that to him just blatantly ignoring the battles that trans people in Hollywood have had to face…not a great look. Would it have hurt him to say that while he’s thrilled about his nomination, he’s disappointed his fellow cast mates didn’t get the same recognition? Even something as simple as that would’ve meant so much to the trans community. Instead, he just came across as very “me me me”. 

Saying trans actors should “wait their turn” is extremely tone deaf, even if he didn’t mean that in a negative way, and many of his cast mates were hurt/disappointed by his comments. He’s made other snarky comments about “his time to shine” before, but these were the worst. 

(Also, none of this is directed at you btw, I know you simply asked what he said. I just wanted to add on to it because that’s why I personally don’t care for him and feel like most of the time he’s advocating for no one but himself.) 

Oh wow, never knew about any of this. Hate to see there was so much tension behind-the-scenes, Pose was always my comfort show. 

And don't worry I appreciate the answer. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, badgirlriri said:

Oh wow, never knew about any of this. Hate to see there was so much tension behind-the-scenes, Pose was always my comfort show. 

And don't worry I appreciate the answer. 

I love Pose too, legit one of my favorite shows in recent years. I don’t think there was much tension until towards the end, but it just sucks there was any at all. 

He's NOT wrong about Harry using the LGBT+ community to further his career. He is NOT queer, he's as straight as they get... however, he cosplays as queer because he knows it makes him more popular and relevant. Billy made some points here.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 8/14/2023 at 12:01 PM, Tropical said:

I legitimately have no idea what Billy Porter even does for a living. Does he act? Sing? Dance? 

The only I place I see them is on red carpets in dresses and complaining in the media.

I will never understand why some black people it’s cool to refer to someone as “white” in a negative way. Billy whoever tf he is Porter should take a chill pill and stop acting like negative Nancy just because Harry got something he didn’t. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 8/13/2023 at 10:32 PM, Digitalism said:

Atrl hating on a real queer person and defending a white straight person who is volturing our community? Color me shocked 
Let me guess yall went to the born brave bus too when you were young right? 

So just because I’m gay and he is gay I’m supposed to be on his side? 

these gay men (black or white) are so entitled these days and they think their opinions matter or have been asked for. The real fact is that these gays are always against someone doing better and they think it’s cool to victimise themselves. Give me a break with this racism card when Billy in fact is the one that’s racist thinking he’ll make a point by calling someone “white”. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

I mean he is the moment and he won AOTY. He may not be as innovative and original as queer men but people like him and that's all that matters to the industry.

5 hours ago, mrpartyrocker said:

So just because I’m gay and he is gay I’m supposed to be on his side? 

these gay men (black or white) are so entitled these days and they think their opinions matter or have been asked for. The real fact is that these gays are always against someone doing better and they think it’s cool to victimise themselves. Give me a break with this racism card when Billy in fact is the one that’s racist thinking he’ll make a point by calling someone “white”. 

5I5s8.png

Not the SVU Youtube channel being messy and uploading his episode onto the channel today following this. :skull:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.