Bonnie McKee - “Hot City”

BlackJesus

Personally I would be ok with her delaying it a bit (if needed) as long as she keeps up a semi-steady stream of singles. Fall is coming on us so I anticipate we're probably gonna get a single in the coming weeks (here's hoping Sleepwalker rerelease in time for October with a full on Thriller music video) and then she'll probably announce the album or out it up for pre-save if it's still coming in the fall. If not it'd probably be November at the latest this year which isn't bad considering the long wait.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZENO

• postergirl

• JayG

• SpaceOddity

51 minutes ago, DevinWylde said:

Personally I would be ok with her delaying it a bit (if needed) as long as she keeps up a semi-steady stream of singles. Fall is coming on us so I anticipate we're probably gonna get a single in the coming weeks (here's hoping Sleepwalker rerelease in time for October with a full on Thriller music video) and then she'll probably announce the album or out it up for pre-save if it's still coming in the fall. If not it'd probably be November at the latest this year which isn't bad considering the long wait.

I kinda think Forever 21 is coming next tbh… 

I'd love I Wanna ******* Call You next or Jenny's Got A Boyfriend. 

A bit sad that the album is missing summer release window but I hope there’s a proper rollout for everything and Bonnie is STICKING to it. The album is very much within our grasp this time yet still so far :ducky:

People asked her about the album pre-order and she said she's still figuring things out because her fans are asking her to add tracks etc.

She has shot the album cover though!

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, postergirl said:

People asked her about the album pre-order and she said she's still figuring things out because her fans are asking her to add tracks etc.

She needs to not listen to them, the songs she already chose are fine

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GardenPanty said:

She needs to not listen to them, the songs she already chose are fine

Agreed. People are still asking for Bonnie’s re-recording of American Girl but she’s said several times that it’s perfect as it is (and I agree). Even then, she’s still considering of putting it on the album which means getting it re-produced which is just delaying the album release.

Wow this video. She ate! One of her best. Perfectly encapsulates the song. She’s giving more effort than most of today’s MPGs.

the video is so fun! you can feel the indie budget a bit but she did amazing. i was not expecting the outfit change for the last chorus.

the 80s aesthetics are so effing cool, the way she's producing such amazing videos on a tight budget. the blazer/no bra look at 2:00, i felt things :flame: 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, postergirl said:

Agreed. People are still asking for Bonnie’s re-recording of American Girl but she’s said several times that it’s perfect as it is (and I agree). Even then, she’s still considering of putting it on the album which means getting it re-produced which is just delaying the album release.

She should just release the album with her original vision first, and then if there's certain tracks that fans still want, they can be part of a repackage/deluxe edition/just tacked on the tracklist at a later point. Artists do it all the time these days like Ava on Heaven & Hell, Tove on Dirt Femme etc.

OT: Video of the year, I honestly can't remember the last pop video that served like this. Very Bombastic era vibes, which was pretty unexpected. She still looks great, get it *****!

The video :jonny5: she's putting so much effort into the era I've forgiven her for all the lies and delays.

The pop music obsessed gays need to wake the **** up and listen to her!!!!!!

• Thanks 1

Excellent video, the sets just kept coming. For doing this on her own budget, this is more than we could've asked for. 

Love this! Her best video yet and on a budget. Also, i want American Girl but as others said a deluxe can happen. She should release the damn Lp as is first. We waited long enough!!

On 9/4/2023 at 12:07 PM, DevinWylde said:

"Sleepwalker" was released on streaming and had a great video already to go with it. There would be no need to release that over a track that hasn't gotten a single/video treatment.

i know fall has the most sales but this record screams summer .. should've released with SLAY or now with HC and if fans demands more songs, she can release a deluxe.

Video is a serve.

She served everything that needed to be served in the video.

Her promotion is like....Idgi :rip: is this just a passion project for her since she's already made her millions? Or is she trying to actually sell a bit?

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/12/2023 at 2:42 AM, Afterglow said:

Her promotion is like....Idgi :rip: is this just a passion project for her since she's already made her millions? Or is she trying to actually sell a bit?

Basically, yeah. If something pops off on TikTok organically I'm sure she'd love that, but she has no label backing, nor a super strong underground following. There's literally zero chance of this project being a commercial success unless something truly unexpected happens. Time to call up cupcakKe for a remix!

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.