Did everyone forget Travis Scott is garbage?

Trent W

15 minutes ago, Josh said:

Because Britney didn't know about R. Kelly being a pedophile then, Gaga knew who he was and worked with him anyways

umm even back then he had few cases. There are videos, trials and more....

• Like 1

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Trent W

• Embustera

• Devin

• BrokenMachine

7 minutes ago, ugo said:

umm even back then he had few cases. There are videos, trials and more....

The internet back then was not like it was in 2013. People still didn't know about R. Kelly.

• Thumbs Down 2

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

The internet back then was not like it was in 2013. People still didn't know about R. Kelly.

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Wicked said:

It's not the first time their casual xenophobia towards Black Americans has popped out, so you probably have seen it before.

So because I’m black and you can’t call me racist, I’m xenophobic

A damn mess :skull: 

11 minutes ago, ugo said:

spacer.png

and Gaga still chose to work with him. 

11 hours ago, Devin said:

Its also sick and insane how ATRL pick & choose when to have standards (esp towards Black artists). 

What happened at ASTROWORLD isn’t 100% his fault - security, Live Nation, and other teams play a role in those fans dying. Lets shame Gaga & Abel for collabing with Ariana after what happened in Manchester. 

This isn't a competition, you know. 

Not to go off tangent on this topic but I've noticed a pattern on this website of people using Rihanna going back to her abuser as some kinda gotcha and like y'all know shaming people for reacting to a traumatic event the best way they can is regressive right? .

That was a man she loved, the fact that she chose to forgive him and reconcile is not something for anybody to shame like wtf is wrong with y'all .

Edited by Welovetrouble

1 hour ago, perfillusion said:

Why do you Brit Spears stans never mention your fave who worked with the same "rapists and pedophiles" as Gaga: R Kelly (even defended work with him on national TV), Terry Richardson, as well as Dr Luke and others that Gaga didn't work with. 

Anyway, obviously it's not a good look.

47 minutes ago, Josh said:

It was very well known so stop lying :lmao:

• Like 1

Just now, Mystic Boy said:

It was very well known so stop lying :lmao:

Then why did your fave work with him too 

• Thumbs Down 2

7 minutes ago, Josh said:

She didn't. He made this remix and Beyoncé FORBADE him from officially releasing it. :rip:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

… the way this thread has gone off the rails… I don’t think he’s a “murderer” like some people are saying. That said, we’ve seen artists recently (Miranda lambert, I’m looking at you) stop concerts for something as innocent as taking a selfie while the artist was performing. Clearly he wasn’t the one directly responsible for those deaths but he could have also said something when he noticed the issue. 

14 minutes ago, Josh said:

That's not the Subject, you got caught lying thinking you would find an escape , hiding behind the timeline :lmao:

17 minutes ago, loveisdead9582 said:

… the way this thread has gone off the rails… I don’t think he’s a “murderer” like some people are saying. That said, we’ve seen artists recently (Miranda lambert, I’m looking at you) stop concerts for something as innocent as taking a selfie while the artist was performing. Clearly he wasn’t the one directly responsible for those deaths but he could have also said something when he noticed the issue. 

It'd be much harder for Miranda to pick out a selfie taker if her audience looked like this. Not negating Travis' accountablity but it's a very different crowd lol 

Edited by Otter

RockStarShit101
12 hours ago, Daddy said:

Rihanna herself made songs with him after the incident. It's sad.

and he almost ended her life. :rip:

This whole thread is a dumpster fire. I personally don’t like Travis, but my take is that he didn’t exactly know to what extent people were being hurt. He was wrong to revel in the blatant chaos, but i don’t think he was aware of the poor security practices taking place (and how serious it can be when crowds aren’t controlled properly). People get hurt (and often die) in mosh pits all the time, which is scary enough but often fueled by many irresponsible artist who are too in the zone to notice the extremity of what’s going on. Not defending him, but he is literally just ignorant. Not sure why Bey decided to work with him, but it’s likely because they’re both from Houston. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

its only reason i'm holding off listening to the album :ghostface:

4 hours ago, Otter said:

And I think people are niave if they thought he actually knew the extent to what was going wrong. Reading the events, he stopped the gig a few times when he could see someone wasn't concious but the calls for help were probably all mixed in with the other crazy fans were still pushing/climbing & trying force their way to front and cause general mayhem, which again was normal for his audience... These things shouldn't be determined by an artist's fickle judgement. Travis probably thought it was the greatest audience he ever had...

"music too loud for radio traffic to be heard and a crowd that did not care about those around them."

"One fan who was 40 feet (12 m) from the stage told Dallas ABC affiliate WFAA-TV that when he complained to a staff member, he was told, "It's a mosh pit, what do you expect?"

"One concertgoer claimed on Twitter that security responded to his pleas for help by saying that they could not do anything to stop the show as the concert was streaming live."

I wouldn't even defend him from this "Garbage" label... I don't know him like that, but people gotta stop being reductive with topics just because it makes them feel better, it's actually a disrespect to the victims.

To answer the OP for the final time. Lots of people have a negative perception of Travis, but the "garbage"-ness they perceive of him doesn't correlate with intentional malice, just as people don't see RnB artist Brandy as a murderer despite her causing death through a car crash.

It's so demonic to call an event that cause the deaths of multiple people (because your own negligence) "the greatest audience he ever had". :rip:

Like how does he not know *anything* when he even saw and acknowledged a ******* ambulance in the ******* crowd?! Being irresponsible is not even a legit excuse. If you're irresponsible on your job and it causes deaths, *****, you are still on trial and being in jail for it. He should be lucky that he's not even bankrupt for that disaster yet.  

• Like 1

The only right answer to your question Trent is YES.

Spotify
Global - 

1 HYAENA 10,057,494
3 MELTDOWN 9,508,572
4 FE!N 8,998,039
5 THANK GOD 8,975,472
6 MODERN JAM 7,842,339
7 MY EYES 7,690,559
8 DELRESTO (ECHOES) 7,065,663
9 SIRENS 7,019,087
10 GOD'S COUNTRY 6,896,714
11 K-POP 6,854,276
12 I KNOW ? 6,789,555
13 TOPIA TWINS 6,718,365
16 CIRCUS MAXIMUS 5,645,295
18 SKITZO 5,220,077
20 TELEKINESIS 5,032,917
22 LOST FOREVER 4,720,579
24 PARASAIL 4,555,841
26 TIL FURTHER NOTICE 4,503,320
27 LOOOVE 4,398,295

US - 49,854,767

1 MELTDOWN 3,888,214
2 HYAENA 3,724,325
3 FE!N 3,435,084
4 THANK GOD 3,289,952
5 MODERN JAM 3,048,909
6 MY EYES 2,958,662
7 I KNOW ? 2,748,280
8 DELRESTO (ECHOES) 2,738,337
9 SIRENS 2,736,765
10 TOPIA TWINS 2,718,092
11 GOD'S COUNTRY 2,646,922
12 CIRCUS MAXIMUS 2,206,270
13 K-POP 2,189,605
14 SKITZO 2,118,077
15 TELEKINESIS 2,065,969
16 LOST FOREVER 1,926,297
17 PARASAIL 1,831,556
18 TIL FURTHER NOTICE 1,813,768
19 LOOOVE 1,769,683
  • Thumbs Down 1

17 minutes ago, Rep2000 said:

It's so demonic to call an event that cause the deaths of multiple people (because your own negligence) "the greatest audience he ever had". :rip:

You misunderstood what I was saying. No one said it's the greatest audience he had, I'm saying the commotion was probably mistaken for that considering his and many hiphop artists have chaotic/moshing audiences 

this thread is a disaster :redface:

Just now, Otter said:

You misunderstood what I was saying. No one said it's the greatest audience he had, I'm saying the commotion was probably mistaken for that considering his and many hiphop artists have chaotic/moshing audiences 

Mosh pit audiences have their own ethics about being in a mosh pit. And the artists with this type of show regularly exercise their power to stop the show any moment and demand the pit to step back/look out for other people. So to say him being irresponsible or "mistaking" the chaos as "greatest audience" is such a gross excuse tbh. There are multiple vids showing him staring at unconscious body while they were carried away. And yet he is still performing?!? It's a systematic problem, starting from the top (him) to the bottom.

15 hours ago, Trent W said:

After renting the whole industry on his album seems like a lot of people forgot this man  indirectly provoked the death of some of his young fans.

This is sick and insane how people forget this quickly and give a pass on artists for some music

Shame on Beyonce and the Weekend and all the other artists that lack integrity for working with this man. I stan both and they’ll have an asterisk forever after this.

Let’s never forget victims, this is a garbage artist that does nothing but damage society and young gullible teens.

he is also managed by Lou Taylor, Britney's abuser and mastermind behind the CS. Update the OP 

45 minutes ago, Rep2000 said:

Like how does he not know *anything* when he even saw and acknowledged a ******* ambulance in the ******* crowd?! Being irresponsible is not even a legit excuse. If you're irresponsible on your job and it causes deaths, *****, you are still on trial and being in jail for it. He should be lucky that he's not even bankrupt for that disaster yet.  

An ambulance being in the crowd does not mean a festival has to stop, people need tending to in festivals all the time & are being carried away and treated my medical staff. The happens on a regular without shows being stopped. Literally Google any of your favs and you find footage & reports of fans passing out. Travis paused the show at one to point out that someone needed assistance before continuing 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ndtv.com/feature/taylor-swift-fans-pass-out-throw-up-after-delay-at-nashville-concert-4018804/amp/1

"After hours of delay at the Nashville concert, singer Taylor Swift fans are said to have had panic attacks, vomited and fainted. "

[Taylor] arrived to the stage at 10pm instead of 8pm and performed until 2am, disregarding the initial curfew of 11pm.

And when it's not his direct responsibility to manage the safety of the event being Irresponsible does in fact act as an excuse. His actions are not the cause of death, he simply had capacity to potentially minimise the casualties if he acted more responsibly. No one is saying he has no accountability though.

The binary you want to operate in which he is either responsible for the deaths or is fully innocent is foolish.

Edited by Otter
  • Thumbs Down 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.