Did everyone forget Travis Scott is garbage?

Trent W

3 minutes ago, Devin said:

Should I pull up Jay Z criminal record?

That didn’t stain her & she married + had 3 kids by him. :rip:

Idk if Astroworld incident and Jay’s criminal record are on the same level

But if they are, we need to stop forgetting and giving these artists passes

We live in different times and is time to stop this mess

Edited by Trent W
  • Like 1

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Trent W

• Embustera

• Devin

• BrokenMachine

By ATRLers logic, Travis Scott is not a murderer because he didn’t directly kill people, and parents who neglect their children aren’t abusive. 

I haven’t forgotten about Lou Taylor client, Travis Scott. 

And his new song talking about voting for Kanye over Biden :rip: 

Theres nothing inside that thick skull of his except worms rotting in puss. 

• Like 9

58 minutes ago, Devin said:

Lets shame Gaga & Abel for collabing with Ariana after what happened in Manchester. 

You thought you ate with this 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, crf13 said:

I haven’t forgotten about Lou Taylor client, Travis Scott. 

Oh well, now I get why there are zero charges for the m*rdering of his own fans :biblio:

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

By ATRLers logic, Travis Scott is not a murderer because he didn’t directly kill people, and parents who neglect their children aren’t abusive. 

in your mind this made more sense

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Devin said:

Its also sick and insane how ATRL pick & choose when to have standards (esp towards Black artists). 

What happened at ASTROWORLD isn’t 100% his fault - security, Live Nation, and other teams play a role in those fans dying. Lets shame Gaga & Abel for collabing with Ariana after what happened in Manchester. 

It’s so annoying how some Black Americans like you feel the need to make everything about race and seem to feel like you have to defend an artist just because they’re black

Get a grip 

-

He’s trash but sadly this isn’t surprising, like many have said look how many people still collab with Chris Brown 

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 2

Beyoncé fans feeling the need to defend him over one measly song comparing what he did to a terrorist attack :biblio:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

10 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

murder implies intent. he did not gather people to kill them. please be serious.

atrlers trying to drag artists using a tragic event acting like they’re morally superior :biblio:

im not saying travis is not guilty btw. he is. but it ain’t murder and anyone claiming that is trying to weaponize this tragedy for music forum likes.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Devin said:

Its also sick and insane how ATRL pick & choose when to have standards (esp towards Black artists). 

What happened at ASTROWORLD isn’t 100% his fault - security, Live Nation, and other teams play a role in those fans dying. Lets shame Gaga & Abel for collabing with Ariana after what happened in Manchester. 

One of the most deranged sentiments I've ever seen on this site, what is wrong with you

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

He may not be a murderer, but he holds a huge amount of responsibility for what happened at his venue. To suggest that he was not aware of what was going on is reckless spread of misinformation. His negligence cost lives. Most artists stop their concert for a lot less.

Exactly.

Calling him a murderer is a step too far, but he could’ve still saved a number of lives 

16 minutes ago, Devin said:

I’ve already been open on artists who I like. Much like many users here turning their noses up, we all listen to artists that were criminals or had very public controversial moments. 

If we stopped listening to every controversial artist, we have a VERY small circle of artists to stan. :bird:

Controversial = responsible for people, CHILDREN, dying? Literally less than two years ago? :biblio:

Murder doesn't apply to Travis because murder is premeditated. The word that applies to him is manslaughter, but "manslaughterer" isn't a word, so I'd just call him a killer. But he is, he is a killer. He's someone who caused deaths. His inaction caused multiple people to DIE. The only thing he could've done that's worse is actually killing them with his bare hands. This is not "controversial" this is EVIL.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, More Than A Melody said:

Controversial = responsible for people, CHILDREN, dying? Literally less than two years ago? :biblio:

Murder doesn't apply to Travis because murder is premeditated. The word that applies to him is manslaughter, but "manslaughterer" isn't a word, so I'd just call him a killer. But he is, he is a killer. He's someone who caused deaths. His inaction caused multiple people to DIE. The only thing he could've done that's worse is actually killing them with his bare hands. This is not "controversial" this is EVIL.

No one gives a **** about semantic games. Beyoncé fans stop defending this KILLER. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He's MALE 

What's not connecting. Jason Aldean and Morgan Wallen are all currently slaying. Justin Bieber was on camera singing about lynching black people and only got bigger. Chris Brown is a literal abuser and still a multi-platinum selling artist.

The world will NEVER hold men to the same standards as women.

Why are we still surprised? :toofunny3:

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, kimberly said:

murder implies intent. he did not gather people to kill them. please be serious.

atrlers trying to drag artists using a tragic event acting like they’re morally superior :biblio:

im not saying travis is not guilty btw. he is. but it ain’t murder and anyone claiming that is trying to weaponize this tragedy for music forum likes.

People calling him out for being responsible for the death of multiple people =/= 'Weaponize this tragedy for music forum likes'

Not everything has to be inside the stan mentality

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

It’s so annoying how some Black Americans like you feel the need to make everything about race and seem to feel like you have to defend an artist just because they’re black

Get a grip 

-

He’s trash but sadly this isn’t surprising, like many have said look how many people still collab with Chris Brown 

:lmao:

From this day forward ,I’m calling out every YT artist who’s had a controversial OR criminal past and bring it up. Lets see the shift and excuses made then. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

26 minutes ago, BrokenMachine said:

Did those 'singers' own and organize a festival so wrong that it ended up in the d**** of more than 10 people and hundreds injured? Quick, name them

Travis is definitely trash for how he handled that. Literally inexcusable. But y’all doing way too much. Things go wrong at live events all the time. It's not like he could've prevented anything. It's just his reaction that was trash but not a cancellable offense 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

seems like this website likes to play the moral police more often with black artists specifically so i really can't take yall serious with threads like these 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 8

I better not see the monsters taking any moral high ground when their fave collaborated with R Kelly and other problematic men who committed horrific crimes. I would sit this one out if I were y’all.:coffee2:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

They didn't forget. They just don't care :cm:

5 minutes ago, Material Girl said:

seems like this website likes to play the moral police more often with black artists specifically so i really can't take yall serious with threads like these 

I can't take posts like this seriously when there were threads upon threads dragging Taylor Swift for dating Matt Healy and there are currently multiple threads about Ariana having an affair. Everyone is dragged on this site. It's not a race thing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, NewStanner said:

"Moral Police" when we are talking about a person who is responsible for 10 innocent people dying, I think any normal person with any sort of an empathy would understand the point of this topic :dies:

you're putting all responsibility onto him for what reason exactly? it was a tragedy but the entire crowd that rushed the stage shares the blame as well as the festival security 

there's absolutely more animosity directed at black artists for perceived failings, even for things that are relatively innocuous, like lizzo or beyonce saying the word 'spaz'. 

you can play dumb if you want, if this happened at some white pop stars concert yall wouldn't be calling them a murderer 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 8

Beyonce fans think people calling this garbage out cuz he's still smashing with a new album = some kind of shade towards Bey is so embarrassing and disrespectful.

Please grow up and stop.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

9 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

The neglect lies on the operators of the festival (Which Travis is not), even though it's his festival he is not individually managing every aspect of it, many different contractors are outsourced for security etc. Being reductive & childish around the topic doesn't stop it from happening in the future. 

He was 100% reckless as are any acts that encourage & or tolerate moshing, but thats another discussion... but it's not his responsibility to discern the safety of a show & end it. None of the operators communicated that the show should end and thats wild. People were being trampled before he even arrived on stage. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.