Did everyone forget Travis Scott is garbage?

Trent W

3 minutes ago, Otter said:

An ambulance being in the crowd does not mean a festival has to stop, people need tending to in festivals all the time & are being carried away and treated my medical staff. The happens on a regular without shows being stopped. Literally Google any of your favs and you find footage & reports of fans passing out. Travis paused the show at one to point out that someone needed assistance before continuing 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ndtv.com/feature/taylor-swift-fans-pass-out-throw-up-after-delay-at-nashville-concert-4018804/amp/1

"After hours of delay at the Nashville concert, singer Taylor Swift fans are said to have had panic attacks, vomited and fainted. "

[Taylor] arrived to the stage at 10pm instead of 8pm and performed until 2am, disregarding the initial curfew of 11pm.

And when it's not his direct responsibility to manage the safety of the event being Irresponsible does in fact act as an excuse.

Oh you mean this one?

This is not a normal ambulance situation at festivals AT ALL. So I don't know why you are trying to gaslight us. Fan passing out at concert all the time, yes. But helping people to get out is rule no.1 of pit mosh ethics. None of that happened there.
In fact, there's no mention of crowd management whatsoever at that deadly event.
https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2021-11-09/astroworld-organizers-had-extensive-medical-security-plans-ddid-they-follow-them

And yes, as the artist performing that night, he should have cared about his fans' safety first. He has all the power to stop the show anytime as the performer on stage. The systematic issue there was that he was waiting on someone else to stop him or pull the plug, while the others was waiting on him to stop it.
His irresponsibility have cost people before as well:

Previous Incidents

Scott has held a reputation of recklessness and chaos over the years due to these concerts. In 2015, Scott was performing at Lollapalooza and encouraged fans to climb over security rails to get onto the stage. Following that incident, Scott pleaded guilty to reckless conduct charges. In 2017, a fan of Scott sued him after a performance in Manhattan. The fan described being pushed from a third story balcony then dragged onto stage with Scott. This resulted in the fan becoming paralyzed.[42] In 2019, at Astroworld, 3 people were hospitalized due to being trampled by the crowd.[43]

• Thanks 2

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Trent W

• Embustera

• Devin

• BrokenMachine

25 minutes ago, Rep2000 said:

Oh you mean this one?

This is not a normal ambulance situation at festivals AT ALL. So I don't know why you are trying to gaslight us. Fan passing out at concert all the time, yes. But helping people to get out is rule no.1 of pit mosh ethics. None of that happened there.
In fact, there's no mention of crowd management whatsoever at that deadly event.
https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2021-11-09/astroworld-organizers-had-extensive-medical-security-plans-ddid-they-follow-them

And yes, as the artist performing that night, he should have cared about his fans' safety first. He has all the power to stop the show anytime as the performer on stage. The systematic issue there was that he was waiting on someone else to stop him or pull the plug, while the others was waiting on him to stop it.
His irresponsibility have cost people before as well:

Previous Incidents

Scott has held a reputation of recklessness and chaos over the years due to these concerts. In 2015, Scott was performing at Lollapalooza and encouraged fans to climb over security rails to get onto the stage. Following that incident, Scott pleaded guilty to reckless conduct charges. In 2017, a fan of Scott sued him after a performance in Manhattan. The fan described being pushed from a third story balcony then dragged onto stage with Scott. This resulted in the fan becoming paralyzed.[42] In 2019, at Astroworld, 3 people were hospitalized due to being trampled by the crowd.[43]

The ambulance being that deep into the crowd definitely isn't normal, but it is normal for people to be treated and taken away as Travis paused the show to acknowledged at one point that a man needed treatement. These decisions should never be down to the poor judgment of the artists who actually don't know what's going on, if he see's an abulance and thinks someone is receiving treatement so they're good to go on with the show, that is not smart but its also not demonic, evil or malicious.

It's really not a case of gaslighting, we all acknowledge that Travis encourages reckless behaviour and relishes in the chaos but that's separate from being actually aware of deaths in the audience and taken on that guilt and judgement. So once again in reference to the OP, people maybe see him as reckless but that doesn't translate into the hostility of seeing him as a evil person who has to have their career ended.  

• Thumbs Down 2

Travis is partly for responsible for Astroworld but the Chris Brown comparisons & acting like he's a serial killer is so unserious. :rip:

He's bad, but he's not that bad of a dude, damn.  I think it's good people have moved on from that tragedy, I just hope everyone learned their lesson.

• Thumbs Down 1

13 hours ago, Margaux said:

hives always takes the moral high ground despite beyonce association with jay z abd travis. who murdered people. i don’t see any hives reprimanding bey for these. at least monsters and gaga takes accountability 

Gaga stans always get defensive over her working with R. Kelly:rip:

• Thumbs Down 2

30 minutes ago, Otter said:

The ambulance being that deep into the crowd definitely isn't normal, but it is normal for people to be treated and taken away as Travis paused the show to acknowledged at one point that a man needed treatement. These decisions should never be down to the poor judgment of the artists who actually don't know what's going on, if he see's an abulance and thinks someone is receiving treatement so they're good to go on with the show, that is not smart but its also not demonic, evil or malicious.

It's really not a case of gaslighting, we all acknowledge that Travis encourages reckless behaviour and relishes in the chaos but that's separate from being actually aware of deaths in the audience and taken on that guilt and judgement. So once again in reference to the OP, people maybe see him as reckless but that doesn't translate into the hostility of seeing him as a evil person who has to have their career ended.  

Have you not seen the strings of incidents with his concerts?! The problem here is clearly not falling solely the producers and organizers (which he is one of them, the festival is his own festival). His touring days should be over at this point. His pattern of endangering fans with his concerts is well documented.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CaptainMusic said:

So because I’m black and you can’t call me racist, I’m xenophobic

A damn mess :skull: 

That post had nothing to do with "Black Americans", you literally could've just disagreed with Devin's post without making it something else, and like I said it's not the first time you've said some **** like that, acting like being xenophobic to Black Americans is impossible is hilarious lmao 

I wouldn’t generalize the whole hive as deranged and defenders of Travis

Those are 4-5 insane members, they are already known to be crazy and no one takes them seriously.

This thread was not made to shame Beyonce or the Weekend solely, they are names because they are 2 of my favorite artists and it a shame they were put themselves in this situation.

And seriously to the mods

They need to start banning members that use “racism” to defend known problematic people like Travis scott. 

He is not a victim of racism and the conversation always gets derailed.

Racism is a serious issue, is not a term that should be used when people are getting fairly called out of their actions.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 4

5 hours ago, Trent W said:

And seriously to the mods

They need to start banning members that use “racism” to defend known problematic people like Travis scott. 

He is not a victim of racism and the conversation always gets derailed.

Racism is a serious issue, is not a term that should be used when people are getting fairly called out of their actions.

You are not in the position to determine what is racism and what is not. Is it that surprising that you wouldn't see implicit bias? This thread alone expressing shock even though Travis album was highly anticipated in hip hop shows how clueless you are. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 4

The way he handled that incident still wonders me. Didn’t care about the innocent lives that were taken off and goes on.. That incident should be career ending but it seems it didn’t.

gender standards always win.

On 7/28/2023 at 1:27 PM, Onyxmage said:

This is a bit slanderous sis. Lets hope no industry insiders are here or you might be facing a

Im-going-to-sue-you GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I posted this when the title said murderer. 🙄

I haven't forgotten don't worry. He's a disgusting piece of crap.

i don't think we forgot...astroworld crowd crush was a big deal and a lot of innocent people needlessly died

it will be tied to his name for the rest of his career

garbage people can still make good songs tho

and here's a wild thought about the 1 percent that may help you:

these celebrities we all adore on this site are probably not as good of people as we would like to believe

they're going to stick together, especially in the music industry - they all work together to help keep each other rich

beyonce is able to bounce echoville (or act ii or whatever) off of this highly public travis release

it's business. but also, travis is from houtson and the song kinda goes off, so i guess it's also pleasure

the world still turns

On 7/28/2023 at 10:24 PM, Devin said:

Its also sick and insane how ATRL pick & choose when to have standards (esp towards Black artists). 

What happened at ASTROWORLD isn’t 100% his fault - security, Live Nation, and other teams play a role in those fans dying. Lets shame Gaga & Abel for collabing with Ariana after what happened in Manchester.

The way this member always turns everything into race… :rip: 

Fun fact is you are admitting it’s still his fault so not sure how it’s comparable to Ariana/Manchester’s bombing :skull: 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 7/28/2023 at 3:24 PM, Devin said:

Its also sick and insane how ATRL pick & choose when to have standards (esp towards Black artists). 

What happened at ASTROWORLD isn’t 100% his fault - security, Live Nation, and other teams play a role in those fans dying. Lets shame Gaga & Abel for collabing with Ariana after what happened in Manchester. 

STOP REPORTING THIS POST IT HAS BEEN WARNED AND VISIBLY MARKED AS COMPLETED SEVERAL TIMES.

Gurl how'd u get 85 downvotes I think thats more than my total :deadbanana4:

I just realized this is Devin :rip:

But comparing Astroworld to Manchester is not it.. I'm highly disssapointed in you.

Edited by Insanity

On 7/28/2023 at 4:24 PM, Devin said:

STOP REPORTING THIS POST IT HAS BEEN WARNED AND VISIBLY MARKED AS COMPLETED SEVERAL TIMES.

I realize this post has been rightfully warned already but I am legit shocked. Blame Lady Gaga and Ariana for the Manchester bombing? What in the world :skull: 

There is obviously NO comparison between the negligence of Travis Scott and Live Nation at Astroworld and the terrorist attack at Manchester arena. I can't believe someone could be this delusional :redface:

• Like 3

People do not care and they are correct.

• Thumbs Down 2

On 7/28/2023 at 6:09 PM, Material Girl said:

you can play dumb if you want, if this happened at some white pop stars concert yall wouldn't be calling them a murderer 

Why are you acting like 10 people dying at a concert is some normal thing that happens to white artists all the time? I had to google the last time a disaster of this magnitude took place at it was at a The Who concert in 1979 - over 40 years ago. And The Who were savaged in the press at the time too and sued. The way you and Travis defenders are just handwaving away a mass casualty event like its nothing and just complaining about white people is deranged.

• Thanks 3

18 hours ago, trubleu said:

You are not in the position to determine what is racism and what is not. Is it that surprising that you wouldn't see implicit bias? This thread alone expressing shock even though Travis album was highly anticipated in hip hop shows how clueless you are. 

You are indirectly asking to give him a pass because he is black :rip:

The other members bringing up race are doing the same

Like people need to look the other way to the fact that 10 people died just because of his race :skull: 

I wish you could understand how terrible is to use race to win this kind of arguments

It’s throwing back decades of progress

• Thumbs Down 2

On 7/29/2023 at 3:11 AM, Mystic Boy said:

It was very well known so stop lying :lmao:

This everyone knew about R Kelly as early as the early 2000s

Hes as trash (might be worse actually) as the country males this site drags.

Did Kylie and them leave bc the show was nearing the end or bc what was happening in the audience? 

On 7/29/2023 at 8:30 AM, Armani? said:

Gaga stans always get defensive over her working with R. Kelly:rip:

gaga removed the song, apologized and advocated for the victims

that is irrelevant to this conversation

• Thumbs Down 1

He is a very good writer tho that is said if he writes his own….

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.