Early Predictions (8/5/2023): Jason Aldean #1, K-Pop #5, Barbie World #9

JayRockafella

it is what it is 

at least the song will plummet off the charts in a couple of weeks and award shows will most likely boycott the song 

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Green

• pride4jc1222

• TrieLz

• fridayteenage

1 hour ago, Sannie said:

Who is 'we'? Nobody here is giving this song streams or purchases lol.

Exactly :dies:

I’ve never heard of this guy or his song in my life and I’d like to keep it that way. We’re too busy streaming drake, j hus, taylor & the barbie soundtrack over here luvs 

this is so sick and twisted

• Like 1

carrie could jump on remix anytime and get her #1 like realistically it's gonna happen and everybody would be happy about that .... or not :swim2:

Support this smash instead. 

3 hours ago, DTF said:

Who should the world unite behind to stream, buy, and support for the best chance of blocking this song from reaching #1?

Morgan Wallen :sistrens:

I have never heard this song and just read the lyrics, how is it pro-lynching? There doesn’t seem to be anything that suggests that to me but unless you mean the artist himself has said something like that? 

either way, stream Anti-hero swifties it deserves another week at #1 over this hillbilly:heart:

Here's 26-50 if anyone's interested: F15RwV3WIAAUDD1?format=jpg&name=large

13 minutes ago, Kuntmonster said:

I have never heard this song and just read the lyrics, how is it pro-lynching? There doesn’t seem to be anything that suggests that to me but unless you mean the artist himself has said something like that? 

…is this fr ? 

1 hour ago, wantedyoutogrow said:

this is so sick and twisted

White demon indeed

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Chiidish said:

…is this fr ? 

I mean this guy has never had a song chart in my country, and I have read the lyrics and they don’t really scream out lynching to me so how about you just explain rather than post pointless comments like this one? 

If you mean specifically by hanging which is when the term is most commonly used then I said what I said. 

but if you are outraged to him saying he’s gonna k*ll someone in general then sweetie I hope you’ve never heard an Eminem song 

Edited by Kuntmonster

1 hour ago, Kuntmonster said:

4 hours ago, dumbsparce said:

I just listened to this for the first time and it definitely gives conservative vibes and is pro-gun, blue lives matter, etc I guess, but I couldn't detect anything outright racist.

The song might not be explicitly racist on its own with no context (and that's deliberate so he can deny that it's racist), but he filmed the music video outside a courthouse where a black teenager named Henry Choate was lynched by a mob of hundreds of white people, and there are images of Black Lives Matter protests used throughout the video while he sings lines like "Round here we take care of our own" or "Full of good ol' boys raised up right, if you're looking for a fight, try that in a small town".

Ew, so Morgan can't block that racist? Welp...

• Haha 1

And people here say Itunes was over :deadbanana4:

5 hours ago, Katamari said:

to think this song was irrelevant back when it was released in may :deadbanana4:

the way this is only happening because people on twitter kept tweeting about it for days, therefore giving it free promo :deadbanana4: it's morgan wallen all over again

he should've been ignored

3 hours ago, supaspaz said:

Damn, liberals really played themselves.

exactly, jason's career was dying and he haven't had a hit in a while but watch him do morgan wallen numbers with his next album after this :redface: 

idc

6 minutes ago, Luckitty said:

the way this is only happening because people on twitter kept tweeting about it for days, therefore giving it free promo :deadbanana4: it's morgan wallen all over again

he should've been ignored

!!! the liberal horror and disgust over this stuff is exactly what fuels the fire. just ignore the yokels

I think people are very quick to assume the worst in others, and it is a shame. This song has a message that resonates with a lot of people and makes them feel connected to their immediate community; and often smaller towns have a more collective mentality to protect each other than larger cities. More research should have absolutely been done, and there should have been someone to say "This is not the place to film this."

2 hours ago, Kuntmonster said:

I mean this guy has never had a song chart in my country, and I have read the lyrics and they don’t really scream out lynching to me so how about you just explain rather than post pointless comments like this one? 

If you mean specifically by hanging which is when the term is most commonly used then I said what I said. 

but if you are outraged to him saying he’s gonna k*ll someone in general then sweetie I hope you’ve never heard an Eminem song 

The song and video are referencing BLM protests and justifying violence against these protesters ("Got a gun that my granddad gave me, they say one day they're gonna round up") Note that these are the same people who opposed the BLM movement, in which protests were mainly against police murdering black people at higher rates

The music video is also shot in front of a specific courthouse that was the site of multiple lynchings and race riots throughout history.

It's not explicitly racist but once you put the song and video together, it's clear what message he's putting across & his audience of conservatives and racists are eating it up

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marla Singer said:

The song might not be explicitly racist on its own with no context (and that's deliberate so he can deny that it's racist), but he filmed the music video outside a courthouse where a black teenager named Henry Choate was lynched by a mob of hundreds of white people, and there are images of Black Lives Matter protests used throughout the video while he sings lines like "Round here we take care of our own" or "Full of good ol' boys raised up right, if you're looking for a fight, try that in a small town".

35 minutes ago, wish said:

The song and video are referencing BLM protests and justifying violence against these protesters ("Got a gun that my granddad gave me, they say one day they're gonna round up") Note that these are the same people who opposed the BLM movement, in which protests were mainly against police murdering black people at higher rates

The music video is also shot in front of a specific courthouse that was the site of multiple lynchings and race riots throughout history.

It's not explicitly racist but once you put the song and video together, it's clear what message he's putting across & his audience of conservatives and racists are eating it up

Okay well in that case that’s pretty f*****d up, thanks for the explanation :heart:

he can rot and anti hero can rise again! 

I thought Americans could not be more disgusting for supporting Morgan Wallen through and through. What next? They're going to support a country singer that will use the N word in one of their songs?

• Haha 1

Winston's updated prediction: 

The sales for TTiaST has risen, but the streams are a little down from the last prediction.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.