• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Communion

• Harrier

• Bloo

• ClashAndBurn

The majority of people don’t support abortions at 9 months. Majority support access to abortion in the first trimester/20-25 weeks. 

10 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

The majority of people don’t support abortions at 9 months. 

Except that the majority of medical associations do. 

What is the point of this thread? A lot of "leftists" do not support abortion at 9 months :rip: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Communion said:

When it comes to the issue of aborting healthy pregnancies at 9 months, I really don't think that's a medical issue, but a moral one. So IMO the opinion of a medical association is no more significant than the opinion of anyone else or any other organization, in this particular case being discussed.

Haven't watched Ana Kasparian in a while. Is she actually a TERF or is that something you made up? 

I'm sorry but having an abortion at 9 months is murder. Not different that killing your newborn seconds after they're born. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nights said:

When it comes to the issue of aborting healthy pregnancies at 9 months, I really don't think that's a medical issue

A medical procedure is not a mexdcal issue? Why do you believe women don't deserve bodily autonomy?

Wait so leftists are supporting abortions at 9 months now? :deadbanana2: Like literally killing a healthy almost full term baby and you really made this thread as some kind of drag, seek help. Everyday ya'll stray further and further into the extreme and wonder why no one takes you seriously

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

An “abortion” at 9 months is called giving birth :rip:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

Wait so leftists are supporting abortions at 9 months now? 

28 minutes ago, Communion said:

The irony you're talking about extremes when your post reveals someone with so little of a coherent political worldview that the far-right can claim something is happening often and you'll without asking for evidence not only believe it but also rebuke the experts who literally tell you that the infrequency of such procedures is not cause for banning them but explicitly why the legality of it must be maintained. 

Liberals like Ana believing they know better than doctors on pregnancy, gender affirming care, vaccines... :celestial5:

Edited by Communion

17 minutes ago, Communion said:

Do they support abortions at 9 months when the mothers life is at risk? Or if the baby is completely healthy? Terminating a pregnancy at 9 months when the baby is healthy is radical and out of step with the population. Just as restricting abortions at 6 weeks are. 

18 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

Do they support abortions at 9 months when the mothers life is at risk? Or if the baby is completely healthy? 

The modern medical consensus is that an abortion is a medically necessary procedure at the decision of the mother. The infrequency of these procedures does not then suggest it is fine to criminalize these rare events out of existence.

If you want to protect the legality of third-trimester abortions for mothers who need them due to their babies being sick or likely to die at birth, you then reject reactionary culture war nonsense that aims to push legal restrictions and red tape that then makes the concept of what is a healthy baby or what is a medically necessary abortion one for legal expee3ts to decide instead of one for doctors to decide 

Who gets to decide a late term abortion is medically necessary if a conservative judge is in power and believes a baby is alive from conception and that not even death is a reason to allow an abortion and that mothers should be forced to birth the corpse of their child?

Doctors do not have to perform any elective procedures they do not want to and so any hypothetical about elective third term abortions are nonsensical and do not make a coherent argument for any legislation to restrict access to abortion. 

Edited by Communion
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

Wait so leftists are supporting abortions at 9 months now? :deadbanana2: Like literally killing a healthy almost full term baby and you really made this thread as some kind of drag, seek help. Everyday ya'll stray further and further into the extreme and wonder why no one takes you seriously

7 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

Do they support abortions at 9 months when the mothers life is at risk? Or if the baby is completely healthy? Terminating a pregnancy at 9 months when the baby is healthy is radical and out of step with the population. Just as restricting abortions at 6 weeks are. 

This doesn't happen in reality. Anyone who would get an abortion at or nearing 9 months would do so because the pregnancy has become non-viable or because the mother's life was in danger. Restrictions only truly serve to make it harder for those cases to get procedures done that may be necessary for the mother's survival.

22 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

Haven't watched Ana Kasparian in a while. Is she actually a TERF or is that something you made up? 

She launched a major discourse about "birthing people" as a medical terminology, claiming that inclusive language used in clinical settings should be thrown out because of how it made her feel with no regard to the effect it would have on Trans Men in healthcare and law application. That is the definition of being a TERF, lol.

Isn’t abortion only allowed in like the first trimester?

I think after like 5 months or something it becomes extremely dangerous for the women carrying it.

Edited by Trent W
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trent W said:

Isn’t abortion only allowed in like the first trimester?

I think after like 5 months or something it becomes extremely dangerous for the women carrying it.

You know what's even more dangerous than legal abortion? I'll give you a hint :celestial5:

16" Gold Wire Shirt Hanger with Rounded Hook - 500/Pack

• Thanks 1

Third term abortion isn’t even legal unless there’s no possible chance for the baby to survive and the pregnancy is fatal, so why is she even entertaining those right-wing anti-abortion talking points :toofunny3:

6 minutes ago, JoJo said:

Third term abortion isn’t even legal unless there’s no possible chance for the baby to survive and the pregnancy is fatal, so why is she even entertaining those right-wing anti-abortion talking points :toofunny3:

She's trying to attack a Canadian youtuber - where abortion is legal in all 3 trimesters and readily accessible until the end of the second - Lance of The Serfs because he pointed out she was being transphobic in other segments about gender affirming care.

Edited by Communion

and is this person who’s getting an abortion after 9 months have passed in the room with us right now? 

36 minutes ago, Communion said:

A medical procedure is not a mexdcal issue? Why do you believe women don't deserve bodily autonomy?

Most people who are against late-term abortions of healthy pregnancies don't cite anything medical as their reasoning, no. They often cite moral reasons which are fully as legitimate, even with discussing a medical procedure. And I'm pretty sure you know this.

Also, I never stated my own opinion on late-term abortions. I was simply pointing out that your reasoning is misplaced, whether or not I agree with you.

She’s soooo gross and I know she’s only a few steps away from going full Fox News correspondent.

33 minutes ago, Headlock said:

An “abortion” at 9 months is called giving birth :rip:

Or major complications that require doctors to pick and choose who to save. :rip: Right wing nutjobs act like it's a casual thing is so disingenuous and bad faith all around.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.