SAG strike | SAG-AFTRA Reaches Tentative Agreement With Studios

mystery

We should expect major delays for the entirety of the 2024 & 2025 release slate.

Edited by mystery

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• okgo

• DAP

• rac7d

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Brunette Ambition said:

There hasn’t been one good movie script that came out of Hollywood in 10 years. They might as well be replaced with AI 

There ARE good movie scripts, but still, the problem isn't that the writers lack talent; the scripts are bad because executives keep meddling with them. These same people that just care about profits, and not about the quality of the movies, would be the ones in charge of these AI scripts. So yeah, if you think it is bad now... AI would definitely make it worse. :doc:

• Thanks 1

does the strike affect Wicked? this was supposedly their last week filming :gaycat6:

Just now, wantedyoutogrow said:

does the strike affect Wicked? this was supposedly their last week filming :gaycat6:

Yes, if they have filming remaining no production involving SAG members can move forward from this point on. What they could do is continue with post production on the already finished portions and hope that the strike resolves soon enough to film what is left.

• Like 1

Just now, wantedyoutogrow said:

Yes, of course. 

• Like 1

The endgame is to allow things to drag on until union members start losing their apartments and losing their houses,” a studio executive tells Deadline

You can‘t do that with a rich person who secured generational wealth. But these bosses know how quickly the situation can crumble for ordinary folks. They know they are in power. So sad.

“The endgame is to allow things to drag on until union members start losing their apartments and losing their houses,” a studio executive tells Deadline.

What the actual **** :deadbanana2:

Random question, does this affect SAG-AFTRA members working on Broadway or in other stage productions right now? Would this mean people like Gaten Matarazzo and Annaleigh Ashford have to step away from Sweeney Todd on Broadway for example?

11 minutes ago, wantedyoutogrow said:

Yes unfortunately. But they filmed both movies at once. Seems like the first one must be completed by now..

2 minutes ago, Funhouse said:

Random question, does this affect SAG-AFTRA members working on Broadway or in other stage productions right now? Would this mean people like Gaten Matarazzo and Annaleigh Ashford have to step away from Sweeney Todd on Broadway for example?

Broadway productions are not affected since it is covered by different representation.

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Nebur said:

this is a  icnoic moment :clap3:

This is either the end of streaming or 20 dollar subscriptions are about to double. That money is gonna come from somewhere and it ain’t the executives. It’s the consumers.     Netflix became a financial giant who stared this because they didn’t have to pay writers and actors the way other studios did. Since everyone else followed suit this can only end one way 

20 minutes ago, mystery said:

Broadway productions are not affected since it is covered by different representation.

Thank you

• Like 1

eat the rich.

people are just so greedy, those executive needs to respect the talents that make them rich rather than lets the power go through their head.

• Like 2

This is insane, but I stand for the actors and writers. I am admittedly uneducated into this so please bear with my ignorance but from my understanding, the actors are asking for fair compensation, which they deserve. Is it an unreasonable ask? Hopefully we can know more. The studios better help the industry, otherwise it will definitely crumble. (Although I doubt it, it's all business for them I guess)

Money really makes the world go round huh.

• Like 1

they're gonna figure this out FAST now, since the entire industry will be shut down.

Maybe we should all cancel our memberships to streaming platforms? If they bleed subscribers, they can settle quicker.

• Thanks 1

Korean actors and K-shows are about to completely take over ! YASSSS

• Haha 1

ScarJo’s impact, everyone saw her beat Disney during Black Widow trial and were inspired. Now give her supporting actress oscar for Asteroid City.

8 minutes ago, J Legend X said:

Korean actors and K-shows are about to completely take over ! YASSSS

This would be so cool. I've never seen a korean show but I would love if that aspect of TV would be a little bit more diverse. 

Here in germany it's mostly US and german productions

2 hours ago, MingYouToo said:

Marvel Studios you are OVER!

I love the MCU but goddamn I hope this shifts Disney, Discovery and Netflix's ass to move!

Marvel: They could really use this time off to cook up some decent follow ups. Because the whole phase 4 is not it.

Discovery and Netflix are just gonna pump out even more trash reality shows to take up the space. This is not a good news! :deadbanana2:

Does this affect filming overseas like Wicked in the UK with American actors? @Blade Runner

2 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

Yep. 

You have to be really out of touch to believe people would react to that comment with anything other than the current response. Like...these people aren't really that dense, are they? :deadbanana2:

At the end of the day, I feel like if they do eventually fold and meet the demands of those on strike (which they should), the cost of the changes is just gonna be shifted to us, the consumer, via higher prices for movies and streaming services rather than coming out of the outrageous salaries of the higher ups in these companies. 🫠 So either way, we as the consumer kinda lose. 🙃

• Like 1

those filthy white fat execs have more than enough money beyond their lifetime they dont even pay taxes

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.