Is Gaga the most talented pop star of all time?

little legend

Is she?  

324 members have voted

1. 1. Is she?

• Yes
    • No

No. :rip: Not even close.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GraceRandolph

• Blue Monday

• little legend

• Jjang

8 minutes ago, EmailMySwift said:

People should stop glorifying Kate Bush to show off superior music taste. She has one good song: RUTH. Her voice on Wuthering Heights is like nails on a chalkboard. Have you seen her perform RUTH live? It makes Britney Spears lipsynch look convincing. 

So many women in pop are just as talented if not more. This album is almost entirely written by solo by Annie Lennox and has more good songs than Kate's entire career. 

Annie Lennox - Diva Album Cover.jpg

You’re actually insane

6 minutes ago, EmailMySwift said:

People should stop glorifying Kate Bush to show off superior music taste. She has one good song: RUTH. Her voice on Wuthering Heights is like nails on a chalkboard. Have you seen her perform RUTH live? It makes Britney Spears lipsynch look convincing. 

So many women in pop are just as talented if not more. This album is almost entirely written by solo by Annie Lennox and has more good songs than Kate's entire career. 

Just because you personally don't like any other song other than RUTH doesn't mean anything.

Her discography is great but is pretty polarizing. Her talent is undeniable.

OT: No Gaga isn't.

Mariah might be even though she doesn't dance.

Just now, Blue Monday said:

You’re actually insane

Like RUTH Isn't even her best in Hounds of Love, its just her most GP Friendly :rip:

11 minutes ago, EmailMySwift said:

So do you think anyone who delivers anything other than cookie cutter pop vocals is “unpleasant” then? 

11 minutes ago, Trash said:

Like RUTH Isn't even her best in Hounds of Love, its just her most GP Friendly :rip:

When someone says something like that and stands 10 toes deep in it you just have to let them live in their delusion I guess

30 minutes ago, EmailMySwift said:

By far the most out of touch take I've seen on this site :bibliahh:

No she has a good voice but screams too much

She has good ideas as an artist but cannot execute them

her image is better than her music. Over a decade in the business and she doesn’t have a magnum opus album that is universally acclaimed. (Don’t quote me telling me about btw when that album was a derivative of Madonna/Bowie)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 hours ago, little legend said:

Set up? 

She has an amazing voice, she writes and produces her own songs, she is an Oscar nominated actress, she can dance , she can sing pop, rock , jazz , she can do basically everything 

Didn’t she buy the demo from tame impala for stupid love? Or perfect illusion I don’t recall but someone who buys songs already created cannot be the most talented pop star? 

3 minutes ago, MotoPapi said:

No she has a good voice but screams too much

She has good ideas as an artist but cannot execute them

her image is better than her music. Over a decade in the business and she doesn’t have a magnum opus album that is universally acclaimed. (Don’t quote me telling me about btw when that album was a derivative of Madonna/Bowie)

What song on BTW is derivative of what Bowie song?

32 minutes ago, Blue Monday said:

You’re actually insane

She doesn't and Closer is an overwrought mess and one of Mike Nichols' worst :rip: The House of Gucci of its year. 

32 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

So do you think anyone who delivers anything other than cookie cutter pop vocals is “unpleasant” then? 

If you listen to the album I wrote about above, Diva, you'll see its full of powerful non cookie cutter vocals. Gaga's problem is not that she is delivering non cookie cutter vocals, it's that she's doing it badly

Get into it https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/annie-lennox-diva/

Just now, EmailMySwift said:

She doesn't and Closer is an overwrought mess and one of Mike Nichols' worst :rip: The House of Gucci of its year. 

If you listen to the album I wrote about above, Diva, you'll see its full of powerful non cookie cutter vocals. Gaga's problem is not that she is delivering non cookie cutter vocals, it's that she's doing it badly

Get into it https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/annie-lennox-diva/

Okay, so you like Annie Lennox, but consider Gaga’s vocals on say 911 to be “off Broadway” and you think Kate Bush is over the top as well, but you stan Taylor and Britney? Got it.

I’m waiting to hear what BTW song is a Bowie homage @MotoPapi

6 hours ago, EmailMySwift said:

No - she misuses her voice (no one wants to hear theatrical off Broadway belting on dance pop) and her lyrics are very hit and miss. 

:bird:

1 hour ago, EmailMySwift said:

Omg spill 

Have you seen her try to dance?

Just now, LCTV said:

Have you seen her try to dance?

Is dancing the only talent to you?

Gaga's a triple threat but I don't think she beats Whitney, Mariah, Aretha, Tina and other known legends in talent

3 hours ago, EmailMySwift said:

don’t come at me like this please? she’s gotten a lot of us through a lot of sh*t, and if we personally relate to her music and take a lot from it then good for us and let us enjoy her! besides, Running Up That Hill is excellent but she’s got other gems like Suspended in Gaffa, Night of the Swallow, Wow, Blow Away, Reaching Out, A Coral Room… I could go on and on. she’s way more than what ppl commonly give her credit for

6 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

Not a 2006 song :bibliahh:

DWUW is very bad and the performances prove it 

In your wildest dreams, sure

• Thumbs Down 1

14 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Not a 2006 song :bibliahh:

DWUW is very bad and the performances prove it 

2006? If anything Gaga being able to pull off multiple styles at a young age is more impressive but go off. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.