Is Gaga the most talented pop star of all time?

little legend

Is she?  

324 members have voted

1. 1. Is she?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GraceRandolph

• Blue Monday

• Jjang

• Steve Johnson

Yes she’s one of the all time greats :gaygacat4:

• Like 1

I love her and she's certainly up there but no

Kate Bush is probably the most talented pop star of all time. child prodigies don't usually end up with mainstream success—with Stevie Wonder and Michael Jackson being the most glaring outliers—they typically head more towards alt classification for most of their careers (Tori Amos, Fiona Apple [though she did get a cute hit with Criminal], Jobriath, Laura Marling, Björk, Adrienne Lenker) yet somehow Kate was a pop girl for three eras, then an alt girl for an era, then a pop girl bigger than ever before for three more eras, then an alt mommy with Aerial and 50 Words. she found a balance no other pop girl has quite achieved. her career has been nothing short of revolutionary in pop music, and I think her stable upbringing with a family almost as smart as her probably helped. regardless, she has/had vocals, songwriting, piano mastery, dancing prowess, stage presence, charisma, uniqueness, nerve, talent... she wins on all fronts :bird:

• Like 5

she definitely belongs in that conversation, but personally I think that title goes to Prince.

he wrote and produced ALL his own music, played almost 30 instruments, is an insane vocalist and live entertainer, has acted in blockbuster movies, created some of the most beloved albums of all time from scratch by himself, is the performer of the most acclaimed halftime show ever, i mean… i could go on :jonny5: no one is seeing him in my opinion!

• Like 3

one of them yes

53 minutes ago, FightDragonsWithMe said:

Not with songs like Hair she isn't. 

You really chose Hair when songs like Stupid Love exists.

OT: No!

I’ve missed you lil legend but no 

spacer.png

Spoiler

Voted yes anyways Hihi 

Spoiler

spacer.png

• Like 1

Hard to say she’s the most but she’s one of, yes.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, little legend said:

Set up? 

She has an amazing voice, she writes and produces her own songs, she is an Oscar nominated actress, she can dance , she can sing pop, rock , jazz , she can do basically everything 

That user stans Britney/Madonna there is some jealousy there.

yes she is. What can’t she do? Who else is as talented. We’ll wait.

• Like 1

Only a gaga stan would believe that 

She once had the potential to be one of the most talented ever but since then she has insisted in undermining herself by putting out one bad album after the other + her current voice is kinda really unpleasant to the ears. This thread accomplishes nothing besides displaying the liddos' struggle to come to terms with the reality that she's simply not that girl anymore!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

She released pure crap music since 2013 sans the soundtrack album. So no

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, JoeAg said:

Kate Bush is probably the most talented pop star of all time. child prodigies don't usually end up with mainstream success—with Stevie Wonder and Michael Jackson being the most glaring outliers—they typically head more towards alt classification for most of their careers (Tori Amos, Fiona Apple [though she did get a cute hit with Criminal], Jobriath, Laura Marling, Björk, Adrienne Lenker) yet somehow Kate was a pop girl for three eras, then an alt girl for an era, then a pop girl bigger than ever before for three more eras, then an alt mommy with Aerial and 50 Words. she found a balance no other pop girl has quite achieved. her career has been nothing short of revolutionary in pop music, and I think her stable upbringing with a family almost as smart as her probably helped. regardless, she has/had vocals, songwriting, piano mastery, dancing prowess, stage presence, charisma, uniqueness, nerve, talent... she wins on all fronts :bird:

Beautifully said :clap3: she also pioneered the use of the headset microphone! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JoeAg said:

this 

Edited by Marry The Gods

3 hours ago, Jjang said:

she can’t do R&B. Her voice is not agile or rhythmic enough for it. 

I wouldn’t say all time, but to debut in the 21st century? I’d say so, especially in the mainstream. Swifties and Britney fans calling her “theatrical” or “Broadway vocals” won’t change it. 

• Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, JoeAg said:

People should stop glorifying Kate Bush to show off superior music taste. She has one good song: RUTH. Her voice on Wuthering Heights is like nails on a chalkboard. Have you seen her perform RUTH live? It makes Britney Spears lipsynch look convincing. 

So many women in pop are just as talented if not more. This album is almost entirely written by solo by Annie Lennox and has more good songs than Kate's entire career. 

Annie Lennox - Diva Album Cover.jpg

• Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.