Is Gaga the most talented pop star of all time?

little legend

Is she?  

324 members have voted

1. 1. Is she?

• Yes
    • No

3 hours ago, Mr. Stratus said:

Oh so it’s Ariana now :dies: 

You’re a Katy fan and a Madonna fan and Gaga is THRIVING adapting and releasing not being seen as a joke to the GP - because why? Her talent. Gaga can act and sing circles round the girls including your new shield Ariana - who btw has a Grammy thanks to Gaga and her industry reputation. Hopefully you will be able to use wicked against ASIB (like NRO and SL :dies:)  - we will see if Arians can hang with one of idols Gaga, the most (or at least one of) talented women in industry :alexz3:

And the answer is yes :alexz3:

I have been stanning Ariana for almost a decade now, have been heavily active in her base for years etc while I literally have zero comments in the Katy base. 

Yall are so lame trying to frame anyone who has a correct opinion on Gaga as a “katy stan” :bibliahh:

I do stan Madonna but not for her vocals and thats ok, i admit my faves’ shortcomings - unlike yall trying to convince us Gaga is excellent doing every genre and has a good voice for R&B :bibliahh:delusional 

Grammys mean absolutely nothing to me but behind the scenes lobbying. 

Gaga and Ari performed together and Ari 100% blew her out of the water so who’s singing circles around who? :gayalipacat5:

Gaga was even visibly triggered by Ariana who out-performed her and tried to serve runs and melisma during SL piano segment and she failed every single attempt :bibliahh:

also I don’t have to compare “Wicked” to “ASIB” as they’re totally different movies. I do can compare Ariana’s operatic vocals to Gaga’s entire career vocals and conclude that Gaga cannot even come close to that level of professionalism however.

Edited by Jjang
  • Like 1

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GraceRandolph

• Blue Monday

• little legend

• Steve Johnson

She is extremely talented, but I don't think it's fair to say she's the most talented when we also have everybody from Kate Bush to Nina Simone to Mariah Carey in this conversation.

While I love Gags, no she is not the most talented pop star of all time. Bowie, MJ, and Mariah are above her in talent.

She really is :clap3:

0 acclaimed (=good) albums... Issa no from me

18 hours ago, EmailMySwift said:

No - she misuses her voice (no one wants to hear theatrical off Broadway belting on dance pop) and her lyrics are very hit and miss. 

It's what ive been thinking all this years!!!! Literally took the words out of my mouth. 

OT: no but she's un the top 20

Prince is the most talented 'pop star' of all time. 

• Like 1

Overall yes she is immensely talented but not of all time.

She has vocals, songwriting abilities, dancing ability (not the best but she's good), can act. Her talent sometimes is under mined but ATRL undermines alot of talent so be it.

1 hour ago, Jjang said:

I do stan Madonna but not for her vocals and thats ok, i admit my faves’ shortcomings - unlike yall trying to convince us Gaga is excellent doing every genre and has a good voice for R&B :bibliahh:delusional 

Hmmm yea I'm not sure about Gaga doing R&B but she does have the vocals for rock personally. She is very versatile though in her vocals and her live show is probably the best I ever been too. I would not have seen her 3x if she was not that good. 

As for Best pop artist of all time no. 

She's incredibly talented but imo she doesn't really seem to have a (creative) vision. Idk, her artwork (sans Chromatica) and videos have been all over the place. For someone who came in with such a bang appearance wise, I always expected... more? Maybe she just needs a better team.

Honestly, even her tours are somewhat lackluster. Look at Chromatica Ball - yes, it was a fun show but when you compare it to the likes of the Renaissance tour it just pales. The Born This Way Ball, arguably her best one yet, had a very interesting concept but the execution still came off as very cheap-ish? Always thought she needed to serve a little more. 

she's closer to "worst" than "best", that's for sure

not when we have Ally Brooke. 

rihannafan

She is skilled, not talented

• Thumbs Down 1

Nope. Namie Amuro and Bey are better performers. Hikaru Utada is a better songwriter. Madonna is a better all-around entertainer.

Gaga is still one of the greats though.

Nope.

Arguably the most creative (in her prime), yea. Wouldn’t call her the most talented tho

On 6/4/2023 at 5:01 PM, Wicked said:

Prince is the most talented 'pop star' of all time. 

+1

I wouldn't say the most talented pop star of all time, but she's certainly up there with the greatest white pop artists ever. I really believe she was born to become a superstar.

On 6/3/2023 at 5:01 PM, alejandreaux said:

she definitely belongs in that conversation, but personally I think that title goes to Prince.

he wrote and produced ALL his own music, played almost 30 instruments, is an insane vocalist and live entertainer, has acted in blockbuster movies, created some of the most beloved albums of all time from scratch by himself, is the performer of the most acclaimed halftime show ever, i mean… i could go on :jonny5: no one is seeing him in my opinion!

Agreed 💯 tho  his movies were panned and floppy outside Purple rain :ninja:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.