Stream SOTY in the meantime!

8 minutes ago, FolkLover1989 said:

Taylor and SZA served so hard ,no one able to match them

It's their year

that was 2022 

It’s the music climate every year. It’ll start picking up again soon

The beginning of 2022 was a non-event and so was 2021 from like Aug-October 

Edited by CristianGarcia

Lana just released AOTY and is currently smashing with a 10 year old song. :clap3:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

that was 2022 

Girl, please. They released in November/December. Their eras are still the ones dominating 2023.

30 minutes ago, HASHTAGPOW said:

Robyn’s busy working at IKEA that’s why 

:deadbanana4:

22 minutes ago, Love Again said:

I agree and its annoying that people keeps saying ‘expand your horizons bla bla’ no ***** I don’t want to. I want my pop girls and my eras and my hits that’s what I love. I’m not interested in listening to some D-List indie rock album that has no replay value, shut up :deadbanana2:

Olivia, Billie and Dua need to return ASAP

But you don't even have to expand your tastes? You can find a whole bunch of artists who are making fun pop music. Granted they might not be smashing on the charts but that doesn't mean the music is necessarily worse than the artists you've mentioned. If you're a Spotify user open up that Discover Weekly playlist and I'm sure you'll find some new music

36 minutes ago, Polgg48 said:

Meanwhile in Korea, back to back to back new releases every monday + friday. Smash new peaks all day everyday except hypeboy still chart for no reason. :coffee2:

K-Pop kuality is lacking this year too. :coffee2:

But Kelela truly gave the best album this year. Other than that everything else has been meh to me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cockatoo said:

But you don't even have to expand your tastes? You can find a whole bunch of artists who are making fun pop music. Granted they might not be smashing on the charts but that doesn't mean the music is necessarily worse than the artists you've mentioned. If you're a Spotify user open up that Discover Weekly playlist and I'm sure you'll find some new music

Discover Weekly is a terrible playlist. Mine is filled with drag race girls and I don’t like their music

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, magazine said:

why are gays so obsessed with hits and sotys

jesus :redface:

right it’s so annoying :deadbanana2: do y’all ever just enjoy music 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bussea said:

right it’s so annoying :deadbanana2: do y’all ever just enjoy music 

I listen to old music… which is the whole prompt of this thread :rip: nothing exciting is happening in pop music this entire year so far aside from like two releases. Thats kinda weird like where did everyone go

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

I listen to old music… which is the whole prompt of this thread :rip: nothing exciting is happening in pop music this entire year so far aside from like two releases. Thats kinda weird like where did everyone go

Don’t let them silence you. You’re right. This year is so uneventful so far

• Like 1

Try looking away from the top 20 for once in your life. :skull: 

2 minutes ago, Love Again said:

Don’t let them silence you. You’re right. This year is so uneventful so far

its so forced with the whole “gays only like hits  just listen to new artists “ like why are we not allowed to point out the fact this year is dry af :rip: why so defensive abt it i cant

16 minutes ago, Love Again said:

Discover Weekly is a terrible playlist. Mine is filled with drag race girls and I don’t like their music

It literally goes off of the algorithm of what kind of music you listen to. :deadbanana2:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FightForTanas said:

It literally goes off of the algorithm of what kind of music you listen to. :deadbanana2:

Well the algorithm got it wrong!

4 minutes ago, Love Again said:

Well the algorithm got it wrong!

That is weird if its suggesting artists and songs that sound nothing like the music you listen to. I haven't searched through any playlists for a bit but maybe Spotify is getting lazy. That playlist used to be a really good way to find new music/artists. :doc: 

Edited by FightForTanas

Bebe released an album full of bops. Its short but fun and even has a few outstanding ballads

21 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

I listen to old music and there’s been multiple great releases this year. Jessie Ware, Ryan Beatty, Kelela, Lana and multiple other artists released great bodies of art. Sorry you can’t enjoy it! :heart:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.