• omrimayo

• Steve Johnson

• Taylor fanboy

• Starchild

I finally realized what the music video reminds me of 

spacer.png

Edited by Mdawg

6 hours ago, Frogger17 said:

It's clown because of its shape AND color. Ronald McDonald, Annie, and Chuckie Finster are not people of color. :lmao:

Do you know who clowns are based on and made to mock? The ignorance in this thread is wild but I'm definitely not surprised.

Edited by Mezter

19 hours ago, selena_lavigne said:

3/3 for the videos this era. :clap3:

there are 4 videos tho

5 hours ago, Mezter said:

Do you know who clowns are based on and made to mock? The ignorance in this thread is wild but I'm definitely not surprised.

She looks like a clown with that wig, sis. Black folk have been saying it all over Twitter since she came out, so I'd go get them together too. Sitting around arguing the historical context of clowns should matter when white people mention she looks like a clown is dumb. SHE LOOKS LIKE A CLOWN. :clown: Sick of ya'll and your performative essays every thread about the historical context of why nobody anywhere is allowed to say anything negative about any person ever. :gaycat6:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

5 hours ago, Raphy23 said:

there are 4 videos tho

omg i forgot. all of the bops got videos :clap3:

i really want a Midnight Rain video but idk when the era will end.

3 minutes ago, barbiegrande said:

awful song

and who are you?

5 hours ago, Frogger17 said:

She looks like a clown with that wig, sis. Black folk have been saying it all over Twitter since she came out, so I'd go get them together too. Sitting around arguing the historical context of clowns should matter when white people mention she looks like a clown is dumb. SHE LOOKS LIKE A CLOWN. :clown: Sick of ya'll and your performative essays every thread about the historical context of why nobody anywhere is allowed to say anything negative about any person ever. :gaycat6:

And we're all sick of Stans being racist and playing stupid but that's not going away either is it, Frogger17? :gaycat6:

Edited by Mezter
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mezter said:

And we're all sick of Stan's being racist and playing stupid but that's not going away either is it, Frogger17? :gaycat6:

Why did you type my username like it was a read? :lmao:Anyway, the clown thing isn't racist. You're grasping at straws and being disingenuous to win an argument. Night. :gaycat2:

On 5/28/2023 at 12:43 PM, KillingYourCareer said:

Why are they insisting on industry planting this Ice Spice girl? She's so absurd with the clown hair and everything :dies:

This “clown hair” that you speak off was literally created to mock afro hair. As others have said, this is racist.

On 5/28/2023 at 6:59 PM, Scars said:

I know what clowns are supposed to look like and curly/kinky/afro textured hair don't remind me of them.

Ice Spice usually goes for a *ginger* look that's actually not that uncommon among redhead black women and it has nothing to do with "clown wigs". If anything, her wigs look too expansive for that.

Ice Spice Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth

Ice Spice: 'Munch' Rapper on Princess Diana, Drill Rap & More – Billboard

It's unfortunately common for people and even media to make this "clown wig" joke every time a black female celebrity decides to wear an afro-textured ginger wig/weave, whether it's Rihanna, SZA or now Ice, so yeah, it comes off as a racial microaggression.

It “feels” like a racial micro aggression, because it is a racial micro aggression.

20 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

How is dragging a hairstyle racist?

The clown aesthetic is literally based off of being a Black caricature, from the Afro, to the big lips, a big nose.

8 hours ago, Mezter said:

———-

OT: people sworn this was gonna be a top 10 hit for Tay & Spice. I mean it might still be because of Taylor’s star power but it isn’t gonna serve longevity and be a big hit for Icy. Unfortunately the song isn’t good (the original isn’t all that spectacular either) & the controversy precedes it.

12 minutes ago, Frogger17 said:

Why did you type my username like it was a read? :lmao:Anyway, the clown thing isn't racist. You're grasping at straws and being disingenuous to win an argument. Night. :gaycat2:

But it literally is tho. That’s like saying Black face isn’t racist :laugh:  The clown look was a mockery of Black people. Read a book.

The calling a woman of color's natural afro (although dyed) "clown" hair is not funny, not hard to see how that is offensive and racist (even if not intended to be).

30 minutes ago, TiaTamera said:

OT: people sworn this was gonna be a top 10 hit for Tay & Spice. I mean it might still be because of Taylor’s star power but it isn’t gonna serve longevity and be a big hit for Icy. Unfortunately the song isn’t good (the original isn’t all that spectacular either) & the controversy precedes it.

It already is a top 10 because it debuted at #9 when the album came out.

7 hours ago, TiaTamera said:

But it literally is tho. That’s like saying Black face isn’t racist :laugh:  The clown look was a mockery of Black people. Read a book.

Type your essays to someone else. It's not racist. I'm not changing my opinion.

• Thumbs Down 1

30 minutes ago, Frogger17 said:

Type your essays to someone else. It's not racist. I'm not changing my opinion.

Something being racist or not is not subject to being “your opinion”, be serious.

9 hours ago, TiaTamera said:

It “feels” like a racial micro aggression, because it is a racial micro aggression.

I know.

9 hours ago, Popboi. said:

Something being racist or not is not subject to being “your opinion”, be serious.

Being that I'm Black myself and this is about whether a particular thing is racist against black people or not, it can, in fact, be "my opinion." Black people can't even agree (i.e. have different OPINIONS) on what constitutes a racist action or not, let alone anyone else.

• Thumbs Down 1

10 hours ago, Popboi. said:

It is to some extent subjective :rip: it may change from culture to culture

On 5/31/2023 at 3:35 AM, Frogger17 said:

Spoiler

spacer.png

Edited by the70s
big ass picture

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.