• Taylor fanboy

• Starchild

On 6/2/2023 at 5:44 PM, FightDragonsWithMe said:

She needs to give us Remixes, Sped Up Versions anything :redface:

no Dx swifties are so greedy and chart obsessed sheesh

Well, let’s celebrate another top 2 hit for Midnights I guess :clap3:

On 6/2/2023 at 2:11 PM, Frozen99 said:

omg can it potentially get to #1?

No chance. This will be its biggest week. It might have a SLIGHT chance the week it peaks on overall radio (so like lets say it gets to about 70 million overall radio audience) and if she releases remixes that week then maybe she might have a slight chance if there is no major competition (which by the time the song peaks on radio there will be tons of competition via Olivias lead single). 

I just listened to the remix and I have to say its awful, specifically the adlibs and harmonizing between Taylor and Ice Spice, what the actual ****? :rip: 

but can we at least get an acapella version and a cute remix (without spice)?

This remix added nothing to the song, but at least it gave it a boast to peak at #2, so I'm happy with that... Now back to streaming the original lol

All the official singles from Midnights album are top 3 hits on hot 100.. her most successful era since 1989

Edited by Sweetestsecret

8 hours ago, PurrKaty said:

Her 8th #2 hit! She only needs 1 more to tie her number of #1 hits :alexz:

YBWM, IKYWT never going #1 still hurts. 

Ice Spice delivered some really lazy lyrics. :gaycat6: 

• 4 months later...

It did what it had to do! Turned out to be a solid hit tbh

2 hours ago, IBeMe said:

It did what it had to do! Turned out to be a solid hit tbh

no its not lol, it flopped

7 minutes ago, Valance said:

It did better than LH and it's a 3rd single it did decent i also think is a hit tbh

Could have a better run tho:gaycatx:

27 minutes ago, Valance said:

It peaked at #2 on hot 100. It spent many weeks inside the top 10. Overall 30 weeks charting. Also, it went #1 on pop radio. The second biggest hit of the album after 'anti-hero' .. Poor 'Lavender Haze'.. !!

Edited by Sweetestsecret

On 6/5/2023 at 10:02 PM, vuelve88 said:

Ice Spice delivered some really lazy lyrics. :gaycat6: 

I scream when she says ''facts'' its so cringe :gaycat6:

This song really grew on me and it did amazing especially when the remix is so bad. The original is so catchy though.

It probably could have stayed a couple more weeks if not for the Drake and Bad Bunny bombs (although it will still be kicked off by 1989TV :gaycat7:)

7 hours ago, Valance said:

How did it flop when it's going to be at the top 25 Year End Hot 100 Charts meaning its in the 25th biggest hits of the year in the US :rip: 

It stayed in the top 10 for a good while too....it's just it didnt hit #1 and the mv / remix release week was its biggest week which wasnt that big but it held on a lot tbh. It also helped Midnights for a while.

--------

I do hope that once Cruel Summer is done and 1989 TV is out that she gives a 4th song a shot at being a single off of Midnights for the fall / winter even if it ends up just performing like Lavender Tank. It still managed to get healthy streams just from being a single even if it didnt get that much radio support. Midnight Rain Remix or You're on Your Kind could be good picks imo. Even Hits Different may do something cute tbh

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.