This Was 2022 | Beyoncé's groove

supaspaz

Sakura is kind of lame. The rest of the album devours.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supaspaz

• State of Grace.

• cockatoo

• madonnas

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, BlackoutZone said:

the rest aged like milk

Now why would you lie like this?

"Hentai," sweetie...

1 minute ago, kandicha said:

She has such beautiful vocals on that song so I still like it but the song itself is a bit boring

MTE, it just felt a bit redundant, like she'd run out of ideas...

Just now, supaspaz said:

Now why would you lie like this?

"Hentai," sweetie...

Hentai top 2 :clap3: It can get a pass

• ATRL Moderator

So some of you all have been begging for Renaissance. (Why?) I can confirm that it's finally time to take a hit. Make your final predictions now!

Church Girl / Energy can go Break My Soul too honestly

the rest better fill top 20 :clap:

Get church girl and that drop it like a thottie embarrassment out

YOYOK, The Great War, Sakura are fantastic songs wtf. The fact that they left this early isnt a good sign at all ddd

Can we get Late Night Farting, Chicken Teriyaki, Move, Energy OUT next?

1 minute ago, supaspaz said:

So some of you all have been begging for Renaissance. (Why?) I can confirm that it's finally time to take a hit. Make your final predictions now!

Let's go to church (girl)

• ATRL Moderator

oLlSPtg.png

CHURCH GIRL

Average score: 7.09

High score: 10 (@Taemira, @Ace Reject)

Low score: 1 (@305)

It makes sense that this raunchy praise song for the ladies who can drop it like a thottie in the club and then show up to services the next morning would be the lowest-rated track from Renaissance in this rate. After all, ATRL is a noted den of heathens and homosexuals. “Church Girl,” however, is for everyone – a cry of liberation and self-love (“Nobody can judge me but me/I was born free”) that can comfortably combine samples of The Clarks Sisters’ “Center of Thy Will” and The Showboys’ “Drag Rap.”

Best bit: “Let it go, girl/Let it out, girl/Twirl that ass like you came up out the South, girl”

ATRL says…: Opinions were sharply divided. “When the album came out and people were saying this absolute bop was the worst song on the album, I COULD NOT BELIEVE,” @Ewan Chaos wrote. But @cockatoo called it “the only skip on the album. I rated every other song from memory but had to back and listen to this again to remind me what it sounded like…” @Katamari simply screamed, “NO!” @Rev8 surmised that “you have to have a niche taste to like it..something like Xtina's ‘Accelerate’!” Not sure if I see that vision.

Not the Accelerate comparison, it's not *that* bad :deadbanana2:

• Haha 1

Church Girl is so fun tho. The sample, the breakdown, "must be the money cus it ain't ya face"... whew!

jay-z-headbob.gif

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, cockatoo said:

Not the Accelerate comparison, it's not *that* bad :deadbanana2:

I think he meant it as a compliment!

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Subomie said:

Church Girl is so fun tho. The sample, the breakdown, "must be the money cus it ain't ya face"... whew!

jay-z-headbob.gif

It is fun! Renaissance has no skips.

• Like 2

it just feels like the track and her singing are two different melodies

Just now, supaspaz said:

I think he meant it as a compliment!

Gays on this website trying to retcon history and call Accelerate a good song will never make me not cackle.

It's giving

I wanna be center...

I wanna be center...

I wanna be center...

3onY.gif

this one last way too long 

3onY.gif

It's definitely one of the "weakest" songs but didn't deserve to go first.

• ATRL Moderator

lNse1dj.png

LA FAMA

ft. The Weeknd

Average score: 7.09

High score: 10 (@CBC)

Low score: 1 (@jacklovesyou1, @creativity.)

After Rosalía stepped in for a bilingual remix of “Blinding Lights” in 2020, The Weeknd returned the favor a year later on this lead single from Motomami – though Abel had to sing in Spanish. (He acquits himself rather well.) “La Fama,” a groovy bachata, was the first of many songs on the album to grapple with the emptiness and instability of fame, comparing it to a lover that you can never marry. With The Weeknd at the height of his popularity and a Director X-helmed video starring Rosalía as a murderous nightclub performer, the song became a #94 smash on the Billboard Hot 100, topping Latin radio and earning a Latin Grammy nomination for Record of the Year.

Best bit: “Es mala amante la fama, no va a quererte de verdad”

ATRL says…: “I hated this song when it came out but it suddenly hits differently,” @Katamari admitted. “The instrumental is the best part of the song tbh. The Weeknd was unneeded.” @Rev8 was also “kind of disappointed when this came out” but it “grew on me, of course.” @Ewan Chaos was “obsessed with her tacking The Weeknd, at his peak, to a single and then making him sing in Spanish.” @cockatoo thought “The Weeknd's squeaky falsetto drags this down. Shame because I really like the song other than him.”

Church Girl being the worst song on Rennie speaks to just how good of an album it is.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.