• supaspaz

• State of Grace.

• cockatoo

• madonnas

• ATRL Moderator

xRys4tG.png

HITS DIFFERENT

Average score: 6.85

High score: 10 (@a_d_22, @byzantium, @brokee@Sanguine, @V3$$3L.)

Low score: (@MP2K, @Ewan Chaos, @creativity.)

Previous boyfriends were interchangeable Ken dolls, easy to move on from, but the latest breakup “Hits Different” for Taylor, who is crying into her drink and still imagines hearing her ex’s key in the door on this speciously spirited singalong. Originally a Target exclusive, it was added to the Midnights (Til Dawn Edition) rerelease and shot into the top thirty of the Billboard Hot 100 after becoming available on streaming services.

Best bit: “They say that if it's right, you know/Each bar plays our song/Nothing has ever felt so wrong”

ATRL says…: “Wow, she really saved it at the end,” @cockatoo marveled. “I was starting to fall asleep.” @brokee called it “Top 5 from the album.” @a_d_22 reflected that Midnights is “one of Taylor’s weakest albums, yet still my top album of 2022.”

I’m here! Fine with hits different leaving, I never understood the love for it. I was also pretty exhausted by the end of midnights 

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, 4Real said:

No words... appear before me in the aftermath

Salt streams... out my eyes and into my ears

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqKMrTiWMa1-97_DBK5v-

Okay, there are a few clunky turns of phrase in "Bigger Than the Whole Sky." Maybe that's why I docked 0.5 points.

Just now, creativity. said:

I’m here! Fine with hits different leaving, I never understood the love for it. I was also pretty exhausted by the end of midnights 

This. 

Just now, supaspaz said:

Okay, there are a few clunky turns of phrase in "Bigger Than the Whole Sky." Maybe that's why I docked 0.5 points.

That was actually a praise post!

Hmm Bigger than the whole sky is better than Skip different

• ATRL Moderator

I'm still annoyed about "Bigger Than the Whole Sky," but "Hits Different" can go. Very whatever to me. It sounds so young from her, like it's like leftover from Fearless or Speak Now.

Girl byeee yall are not even getting the Taylor eliminations in the correct order?

Hits Different is better than both Lavender Haze and Anti-Hero

XaoE.gif

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, 4Real said:

That was actually a praise post!

I know and...I guess my best bit is different than yours!

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, State of Grace. said:

Girl byeee yall are not even getting the Taylor eliminations in the correct order?

Hits Different is better than both Lavender Haze and Anti-Hero

XaoE.gif

"Anti-Hero" is a demon. Can we get an exorcism up in here?

XaoE.gif

Just now, supaspaz said:

"Anti-Hero" is a demon. Can we get an exorcism up in here?

XaoE.gif

I keep saying the single privilege is so real. Watch it end up being the last to be eliminated from the album with LH.

XaoE.gif

• ATRL Moderator

Even with single privilege, "Anti-Hero" should have been out within the first quarter of the countdown.

• ATRL Moderator

rJCZ9bB.png

G3 N15

Average score: 6.85

High score: 10 (@CBC, @MP2K, @State of Grace.)

Low score: 2.5 (@creativity.)

Amid the global tragedy of the coronavirus pandemic, we all suffered our own personal losses as well. For Rosalía, it was not getting to see her nephew, Genís, for two years. Now that he is almost 11 years old, she wonders what color his eyes are and whether he likes spaceships on this wrenching plea for forgiveness from Motomami. Over a stark organ melody that borders on the spiritual, Rosalía whimpers and wails, contrasting the comforting image of an angel that she sent to guard her nephew with the isolation and depravity she has encountered living in Los Angeles. “G3 N15” ends with a voicemail from her grandmother, who reminds Rosalía that nothing is more important than God and family.

Best bit: “Y me toca estar donde no quiero estar/Esto no es El Mal Querer, es el mal desear”

ATRL says…: “Ok pipes!? :clap3:@cockatoo exclaimed.

I've finally found my community of Taylor Swift enjoyers who find "Anti-Hero" unbearable :dies: bottom 3 on Midnights if it weren't a hit single

• Like 1

Okay this is going SOOOO horribly now. This song should have made the Top 20 of the rate at least.

XaoE.gif

1 minute ago, kimberly said:

I've finally found my community of Taylor Swift enjoyers who find "Anti-Hero" unbearable :dies: bottom 3 on Midnights if it weren't a hit single

!

it being a hit driving those ratings higher :deadbanana2:

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, kimberly said:

Yep! Alongside "Paris" and "Bejeweled."

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, State of Grace. said:

Okay this is going SOOOO horribly now. This song should have made the Top 20 of the rate at least.

XaoE.gif

Bad Bunny mostly makes pussy bops, so I don't think too much is getting lost in translation. But yeah, there's a lot of emotional nuance on Motomami that people are missing without the lyrics.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.