• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Axelios

• lonnie

• FolkLover1989

• blown away

The discrepancy between cardigan's Hot 100 run and its recurring numbers (nearly 1.5M streams on Friday) never fails to impress me. :deadbanana4:

Reminder that Mariah is the artist make or female with the most songs on the Billboard all-time biggest song chart with 11 before anyone tries to get smart.

6 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Reminder that Mariah is the artist make or female with the most songs on the Billboard all-time biggest song chart with 11 before anyone tries to get smart.

But still: Mariah  x:bloo:

This list seems a bit off to me. SOS and Shallow were #19 on their respective year-end charts, while This Used To Be My Playground and Touch My Body came in at #21 and #22 on their year-ends.

In SOS' case especially, because Fergie's London Bridge ranks lower on the year end of 2006 yet isn't on this list.

Edited by blown away

Poor ‘This used to be my playground’ even though I adore the sing it is probably Madonna’s most forgettable number 1. 

Mariah has a lot of forgettable and forgotten number ones, that being said I’m surprised to see Honey in this list.. a bop! 

2 minutes ago, blown away said:

This list seems a bit off to me. SOS and Shallow were #19 on their respective year-end charts, while This Used To Be My Playground and Touch My Body came in at #21 and #22 on their year-ends.

In SOS case especially, because Fergie's London Bridge ranks lower on the year end of 2006 yet isn't on this list.

Year-end charts use actual chart points, while this (and all-time charts) use the positional inverse point system. Date of release during the respective years would affect the different placings too. Guessing that's why the discrepancy is there.

Taylor ate on this list

Janet & Whitney being absent. Queens

Edited by Zoe_

Just now, Nights said:

Year-end charts use actual chart points, while this (and all-time charts) use the positional inverse point system. Date of release during the respective years would affect the different placings too. Guessing that's why the discrepancy is there.

That explains a lot. Thank you for the explanation :heart2:

If the list was compiled using chart points it would've been more interesting and realistic tbh.

you have to actually be relevant and legendary to make it to a list like this

if you ain't risking you ain't playing, as simple as that

6 minutes ago, El Chico said:

Taylor being 3 of the top 5 when will the reign let up :jonnycat:

She did that with 2 songs from a genre that is the least streaming friendly and a 10 minute version re-recording of a country song (none of these songs had radio support whatsoever). 

Fortunately, her latest lead single Anti-Hero is a bigger hit than any recent MPG single.  :jonnycat:

38 minutes ago, Klein said:

The discrepancy between cardigan's Hot 100 run and its recurring numbers (nearly 1.5M streams on Friday) never fails to impress me. :deadbanana4:

In the streaming era, there are many songs from different artists that didn't even crack the h100 top 10 and are actually huge.

1 minute ago, TheLastChord said:

In the streaming era, there are many songs from different artists that didn't even crack the h100 top 10 and are actually huge.

Yeah 100%. Biggest example of that imo is Lovely by Billie. 

9 minutes ago, shyboi said:

you have to actually be relevant and legendary to make it to a list like this

if you ain't risking you ain't playing, as simple as that

No you just need a very large, cult-like fanbase that is willing to mass buy 20+ versions of the same song, hence Nicki and Taylor congregating at the top of the list. 

Rain On Me :dies:

that’s why is doing 355k streams daily on Spotify right now

1 minute ago, manuelalex9810 said:

:rip:

14 minutes ago, manuelalex9810 said:

the fact that their fans were dragging HIAM :rip:

the way no one even says anything bad about ROM as a whole when it's doing that Meh too

Trollz was a cute song :eli:

but yea, surprised it hit 1#, deffo could feel the hype from that one

The only true outlier here is “My Heart Will Go On”. 

The song was huge at the time, but the Hot 100 will have you believe it wasn’t but that’s only because it had a limited CD release. Unfortunately, her label only distributed/shipped 650K physical units of the single; 360K were sold in the first week of release and the remaining 290K the next, however this was all a tactic to have her album (“Let’s Talk About Love”) sell more as well as the “Titanic OST”. 

The song still spent 10 weeks atop U.S radio - 7 weeks atop Pop radio, 10 weeks atop HAC radio and 14 weeks atop AC radio. 

:clap3:

I’m shocked “HIAM” is beneath “ROM”. 

:toofunny2:

Also, “TUTBMP” is Madonna’s most forgotten hit, for sure. That said, most of the Hot 100 #1’s between Winter 1991-Spring 1992 were all quite ‘sketchy‘ (in different ways) due to the charts still adjusting to the new Soundscan rules. The only songs we know that were definitely big/dominant at the time were M.J’s “Black Or White” and Boyz II Men’s “EOTR”.

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto

• ATRL Moderator
49 minutes ago, HardBambi said:

But still: Mariah  x:bloo:

I mean, she helped invent manipulating the Hot 100! So it makes sense.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.