Ariana addresses body shaming comments

Alex

14 minutes ago, Ramooon said:

lol what exactly she's been through a lot? She is a millionaire living life of a pop star, I'm sure we all have been through a lot more than her.

A terrorist attack, losing an ex to drugs, and breaking an engagement idk. :rip: 

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mxoonlight

• ariananext

• Helios

• Sweet Sexy Savage

eloquent queen  :heart2:

I mean I didn't post anything on her socials but when I saw the pics I did question her health status. Does that make me a body shamer or just concerned on a human level?

15 minutes ago, Ramooon said:

lol what exactly she's been through a lot? She is a millionaire living life of a pop star, I'm sure we all have been through a lot more than her.

She had it quite rough tbh. To name a few things:

• Mac Miller passing 
  • People claiming she wanted to outdo Mariah and trolls allmost igniting a fued
  • The extremely sad Manchester situation
  • Her mental health tanking before working on Sweetener
  • Frankie Grande is her brother, which is enough by itself

She went through a lot of horrible things and she remained sane and extremely succesfull, most would have cracked under the pressure but she keeps on winning.

Ariana has always been naturally skinny, it's her body type.  She shouldn't need to down burgers every day just to make people feel good about a body that does not belong them.  Our muscle and bone density decreases as we age, which makes naturally skinny people look even more thin/frail despite being perfectly healthy.  Also, regarding her voice, it's very normal for actors to only speak in their character's voice/accent when preparing for a role.

12 minutes ago, fountain said:

Well that was weird. I’m not really sure why she brought up antidepressants and equated that to being unhealthy. It’s normal for your body to change and for you to gain weight while taking antidepressants, that isn’t “unhealthy”. Nobody should feel shame for taking antidepressants or how they may or may not affect their body. What an odd thing to imply. 

She wasn't equating her body type on antidepressants as unhealthy, she was saying that she was living a very unhealthy lifestyle on top of being on antidepressants, both of which contributed to her body looking very different.  People assumed she was at her healthiest at that point because her body looked more "full" when it was actually the opposite.

Edited by Archetype

11 minutes ago, fountain said:

I’m not really sure why she brought up antidepressants and equated that to being unhealthy.

What doctor would recommend drinking on antidepressants and citing such as healthy?

Those body shaming her needed to be shut down. However her drastic change in appearance is a bit concerning. It’s giving me flashbacks to Chadwick. But I’m glad she seems to be alright

17 minutes ago, Archetype said:

She wasn't equating her body type on antidepressants as unhealthy, she was saying that she was living a very unhealthy lifestyle on top of being on antidepressants, both of which contributed to her body looking very different.  People assumed she was at her healthiest at that point because her body looked more "full" when it was actually the opposite.

Hm I see the point but I think maybe she fumbled the wording a little here, I listened to that part a few times and by listing it alongside typically negative lifestyle choices like drinking alcohol and eating unhealthy it kinda made it sound like she was suggesting that antidepressants also leads someone / their body to be unhealthy. I hope that wasn’t what she meant and that the wording just wasn’t the best, probably easy to do so if she recorded this in the heat of the moment, but yeah it just sounded a bit odd. 

48 minutes ago, fountain said:

Well that was weird. I’m not really sure why she brought up antidepressants and equated that to being unhealthy. It’s normal for your body to change and for you to gain weight while taking antidepressants, that isn’t “unhealthy”. Nobody should feel shame for taking antidepressants or how they may or may not affect their body. What an odd thing to imply. 

antidepressants + alcohol + bad eating habits does equal unhealthy tho, that’s what she meant 

The way so many of you completely missed the point and are AGAIN talking about her appearance in the video. :deadbanana:

10 minutes ago, kindararenext said:

antidepressants + alcohol + bad eating habits does equal unhealthy tho, that’s what she meant 

Yeah the combination can definitely exacerbate the negative effects, but taking antidepressants themselves isn’t inherently unhealthy so that’s why I was questioning that. In the clip it sounded more like they were being listed as individual factors but if she specifically meant the combined effect itself instead then that makes more sense. 

1 hour ago, fountain said:

Hm I see the point but I think maybe she fumbled the wording a little here, I listened to that part a few times and by listing it alongside typically negative lifestyle choices like drinking alcohol and eating unhealthy it kinda made it sound like she was suggesting that antidepressants also leads someone / their body to be unhealthy. I hope that wasn’t what she meant and that the wording just wasn’t the best, probably easy to do so if she recorded this in the heat of the moment, but yeah it just sounded a bit odd. 

she was very clearly citing mixing anti-depressants + alcohol and eating unhealthy food as examples of unhealthy behaviour :rip: the reach

Edited by R.E.M.

Yeah the combination can definitely exacerbate the negative effects, but taking antidepressants themselves isn’t inherently unhealthy so that’s why I was questioning that. In the clip it sounded more like they were being listed as individual factors but if she specifically meant the combined effect itself instead then that makes more sense. 

Why are you purposefully ******* up her words? It did not sound like that, you need to understand context and not project your own feelings onto someone else.

Proud of her for speaking up!

Just say you're a hater ffs. 

47 minutes ago, R.E.M. said:

she was very clearly citing mixing anti-depressants + alcohol and eating unhealthy food as examples of unhealthy behaviour :rip: the reach

16 minutes ago, Kool_Aid_King said:

Why are you purposefully ******* up her words? It did not sound like that, you need to understand context and not project your own feelings onto someone else.

Proud of her for speaking up!

Drag it.

Good she mentioned cosmetic procedure, girl you don’t need it. :matty:

2 hours ago, fountain said:

The wording was just fine why are you triggered? besides what has already been said I'll just say I'm not sure why you're glorifying antidepressants? if you need them you need them but it's not like they're a vegetable :deadbanana4: they're obviously not healthy physically and usually not mentally for the long term either (10 years+)

that's like saying popping xnax or taking an aspirin or drinking or any other drug is "healthy" for the body when it isn't, it's only "healthy" for whatever specific condition you are treating.

32 minutes ago, Kool_Aid_King said:

Thank you, definitely not trying to mess up her words or project but you’re right I’m not a stan so I don’t know the context. It does still sound a little strangely worded to me but hearing the other interpretations I do think they’re valid and the main point of the video still stands anyway. 

6 minutes ago, HungryByTheBuffet said:

The wording was just fine why are you triggered? besides what has already been said I'll just say I'm not sure why you're glorifying antidepressants? if you need them you need them but it's not like they're a vegetable :deadbanana4: they're obviously not healthy physically and usually not mentally for the long term either (10 years+)

that's like saying popping xnax or taking an aspirin or drinking or any other drug is "healthy" for the body when it isn't, it's only "healthy" for whatever specific condition you are treating.

I don’t need or want to glorify antidepressants, I’ve just said taking antidepressants isn’t an inherently unhealthy thing so I was unsure why it was seemingly being associated with it. It’s different for every person anyway, some people have adverse effects some do not, and it varies wildly depending on which specific medication it is too. That’s why a blanket statement like saying they are unhealthy for you / your body would be a bad message. But, as has been said, that probably wasn’t her point or intention to suggest. And if that was her experience then that was her experience I guess, I just hope it wouldn’t spur a negative association with antidepressants because there should obviously be no stigma with them and the effects they could potentially have on someone taking them. 

7 hours ago, Maxxxine said:

Girl if you don’t put on a wig + get a spray tan and stop trying to serve us all natural Bare Minerals tea.. it’s not working in your favor mawma! 

9 hours ago, CBC said:

is she dying? im so worried :dancehall3:

:toofunny3:

She's not very eloquent. She doesn't connect her thoughts well. But anyway, she is right that people should mind their business. Her cosmetic procedures are not cute tho.

9 hours ago, AvadaKedavra said:

I went on TikTok and saw people making all types of dumb theories :biblio: Some even went as far as to suggest she has cancer or Hashimoto's, and others suggested that she's afraid of her husband hiting her. TikTok is really destructive.

That app really needs to be banned at this point. Possibly the most damaging social media platform yet.

People body shaming her are disgusting. She's always been naturally thin. She shouldn't have to make a video anyways she looks amazing and miss her :weeps:

I was also concerned for her but I've refrained to comment about it because you never know what someone's going through. I'm glad she addressed this not only for the haters, but for the genuinely concerned people that care for her too. Kudos to her! :clap3:

Hmmm.. I think two things can be true at once.

It's not great commenting on someone's weight and people should "just love each other" etc. ... but it is also concerning seeing someone go from looking slender to looking borderline frail. Her comments that her "healthy" weight was actually when she was sick is... interesting, I have had some unwanted weight loss going off antidepressants myself and we're about the same age so I'm curious if that might be a factor.

i honestly thought the same thing about her weight but I never said anything because pointless speculation doesn't help and will probably make it worse for her. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.