Ariana addresses body shaming comments

Alex

Oh my god I shouldn't have read this thread :rip:

Some of y'all either didn't watch the video whatsoever or completely missed the point :skull:

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mxoonlight

• ariananext

• Helios

• Sweet Sexy Savage

Just now, mxoonlight said:

Or smart

Speak your truth :clap3:

1 minute ago, Flomik said:

Oh my god I shouldn't have read this thread :rip:

Some of y'all either didn't watch the video whatsoever or completely missed the point :skull:

they’re literally insane and obsessed they don’t even care if it’s not veiled anymore

42 minutes ago, Scandalous said:

catch these hands fat moron

Come up out your shoes and whoop ha ass.

spacer.png

Have y’all not experienced people in your own life who go through physical changes as well? We’re all human, we all age, some people get work done, etc. She’s obviously very happy where she’s at in life/her appearance, yet her fans can’t seem to be happy for her 🤔

MadonnasBoyfriend

I love everyone everyone is so beautiful ...  so fake 😒 

crazy how she said the exact same things i've been saying for weeks now on atrl lol

it was so nice to hear from her again although it was about something like this, sweet gorgeous queen :heart2:

I think she kinda addresses it any way you look at it. She basically says that most people tend to have support systems in private, are working on things including their own bodies and health in private, and are fine, and it doesn't need to always be called out. Even if it comes from a good place and concern. Seems to be kinda just reassuring us she is fine and do not worry and a little call out to stfu to people doing it. So calling her sickly or gross or whatever other comments I have seen in mass are not appreciated or needed. 

Hopefully she's really healthy

she does look different but its clear that we shouldn't be talking abou her appearance, so let's trust that she's healthy/happy and move on. 

in some months she'll be everywhere promoting Wicked and we'll see her more frequently too 

stans needs to calm their hearts, i know some comments are evil but in the other hand i've also seen fans really concerned and commenting coming from a  place of worry, either way it doesn't matter if it's evil or coming from a place of worry, as Ari says in the video, we shouldn't talk about it. it's her body, her look. 

wishing her well and having to make this video for sure sucked for her. 

i've never commented on her weight before so this is my first and last post about it. 

:heart2:

8 minutes ago, Communion said:

"She looks like she has an eating disorder" was always going to be the natural conclusion of bad faith attempts of concern that saw people going "something looks different about her! She's changed so much" because they in reality are still upset she was called out for cultural appropriation, *corrected said actions by not tanning as much and dropped any overt usage of AAVE*, and most people who actually listen to her walked away like "okay cool".

There's some resentment that somehow she hasn't "gotten got" by largely stans of artists who never have held the kind of credibility with the audiences in question that they're mad Ariana has. This is literally body shaming formed from stan wars. :duck:

:rip:

"I can't even recognize her!"

The last edit is so good. 

She looks the same, she just stopped wearing  heavy makeup. 

15 minutes ago, Helios said:

This. People in here saying its misogynistic to say someone looks sickly. :deadbanana2:You could say the same exact thing about a man who is too skinny. :dies: 

Doesn’t make it right to say anything about someone’s body period 

8 minutes ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

I love everyone everyone is so beautiful ...  so fake 😒 

Is it really that hard to find the beauty in many people, even outside of your attraction? 

Just now, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

Doesn’t make it right to say anything about someone’s body period 

I agree, its a personal choice but let be real we all judge people. Do I think people should be making up weird conspiracy videos? No thats creepy but just saying that she looks sickly isnt sexist or misogynistic in any way. :ace: 

Just now, Helios said:

I agree, its a personal choice but let be real we all judge people. Do I think people should be making up weird conspiracy videos? No thats creepy but just saying that she looks sickly isnt sexist or misogynistic in any way. :ace: 

She even mentions in the video that if you don’t have anything nice to say you can literally just not say anything. I don’t think it’s sexist or misogynistic, but it’s definitely a **** response to say to anyone in general

I love how quickly the topic shifted, it shows y'all never gave a **** about it and were just pretending to be worried to talk **** about her :deadbanana4: it suddenly became her manners, voice, accent, strand of hair or something.

I thought people were fatshaming her but I saw the pics in question and they do look concerning

However, I agree that it'd be nicer to keep our comments to ourselves or in a private space where SHE herself can't see them

We can't help but be concerned for her health but she is right that it's better to heal and recover from any ED or illnesses in private with private support and without all the noise that might just reinforce her unhealthy habits or whatnot

So I am relieved that even though the pics were distressing, she IS getting help and acknowledged the issue

Ofc the haters are just haters and aren't concerned at all (hence the comments about her accent) although the Arianators in this thread are a bit too defensive with some resorting to personal attacks when Ariana herself said to be kinder and gentler :rip:

8 minutes ago, AmandaHP said:

The last edit is so good. 

She looks the same, she just stopped wearing  heavy makeup. 

she literally says in the tiktok she’s not wearing eyeliner or lashes and that honestly makes SO much difference to how her face looks

19 minutes ago, Khal said:

Okay. But we're not blind :rip:

Do you have her medical records?

Just now, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

She even mentions in the video that if you don’t have anything nice to say you can literally just not say anything. I don’t think it’s sexist or misogynistic, but it’s definitely a **** response to say to anyone in general

I mean when you have protruding chest bones people are gonna say something. :deadbanana2:Like I dont know why its so hard to understand.  :skull: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.