Ariana addresses body shaming comments

Alex

It's okay for people to worry, especially stans.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mxoonlight

• ariananext

• Helios

• Sweet Sexy Savage

12 hours ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

People have been speculating she is suffering from an ED or BD. 

thats been the case since 2014 it just looks worse now because of everything else done on her face and the meds

While she is right no one deserves to be body shamed, ironically this oblivious video is the proof she is dealing with a severe ED and body dysmorphia, because no one in her right mind would post looking and sounding like that saying all is ok. Hopefully people around Ari can get her some help, instead of acting like her out of touch stans in here enabling her behaviour. 

It’s always the same cycle with every fanbase: your fav gets criticized, scrutinized, got some heat on em, and all of a sudden it’s all about the high road, who are we to judge, just be nice, etc. 

Ultimately, this is the nature of the entertainment beast. You have as many opinions on something as you have those perceiving it. There will always be talk. 

I’m glad she addressed things on her terms. People now have the ability to comment on that regardless of the wishes of her or her fanbase. That’s being a public figure; that’s being human! 

My opinion: she’s a deeply traumatized woman who is very clearly going through something. I wish her the best. She does not look well. God bless her. 

Edited by Keter

10 hours ago, ~Start The Music said:

Will never understand how anybody could be negative to this woman

This. Literally the most harmless celebrity we have right now, she just minds her business, keeps it private, doesn't feud with anybody and spends her days working and raising awareness on important topics on social media. Like if you have something negative to say I'm sorry but the problem might be you :deadbanana4:

14 hours ago, Maxxxine said:

Girl if you don’t put on a wig + get a spray tan and stop trying to serve us all natural Bare Minerals tea.. it’s not working in your favor mawma! 

:ahh:

This reminds me of that Diane Sawyer interview where Whitney was in denial about her appearance :dancehall: 

QGwjoB.gif

She looks way too thin as if she was sick but if she instists on being ok and healthy, I'll believe her.

She looks so cute, and her preach is even better :clap3:

comments towards her from her fanbase are out of concern, she posted this for what, she didnt deny, only thing she said indirectly assume its taken care of while completely ignoring responsibility she has since young girls are looking up to her. its either she should open up and say what she has or not post this video at all.

shes so hypocritical and GP and some fans too. at the same breath they criticize women of other shapes and colors, but the moment its towards her who does fall into standard of average beauty its a problem.

6 hours ago, Bacardo Royale said:

This reminds me of that Diane Sawyer interview where Whitney was in denial about her appearance :dancehall: 

Hide contents

QGwjoB.gif

:toofunny2: the nature of the Sawyer interview isn't funny but Nippy was always so damn charming and witty, even through her distress, that its hard not to be entertained by it lol.

and I agree with you and will leave it at that cuz... rose-tinted glass wearing stans.

Godspeed to Ari.

Edited by Soda Pop Queen

Thinking Of You

She’s my girl but I ultimately believe she’s trying to resemble Audrey Hepburn more and more. Audrey was very thin, did her makeup a specific way, and was styled a certain way.

I think she’s trying to achieve that nowadays. I really do. There’s too many coincidences. 

spacer.png

Knowing how Ariana is anxious about those discussions and wouldn't normally share something so private, she should be incredibely proud of herself for putting an important video like this out there.

She's always been about raising awareness and has never stopped using social media platforms, interviews and magazine articles for good. :heart2:

Controversial but I really dislike that she said that her normal looking weight was when she was the “least healthy”. 

She was literally skinny even then, but looked more normal.

When millions of young girls idolise you and you start saying skeletal thin is “healthy” and the weight where she looked more normal was “unhealthy”, that is very problematic. 

I get that she is naturally thin BUT she obviously has body issues, her weight when she was “unhealthy” is probably the closest she’s been to an everyday diet. 

And of course, no one should scrutinise any issues she’s going through. 

But not everything in this video needed to be said and there’s definitely some projecting of the wrong message being done here. 

2 hours ago, gloamingtheplain said:

But not everything in this video needed to be said and there’s definitely some projecting of the wrong message being done here. 

exhibit a: you're damned if you do, and damned if you don't ::flower3:

17 hours ago, #Beautiful said:

thats been the case since 2014 it just looks worse now because of everything else done on her face and the meds

yeah i believe it's an eating. she may be short but it doesn't make since how she went from the figure that she had before to this continuous frail state. 

18 hours ago, TheCheshireCat said:

Hmmm.. I think two things can be true at once.

It's not great commenting on someone's weight and people should "just love each other" etc. ... but it is also concerning seeing someone go from looking slender to looking borderline frail. Her comments that her "healthy" weight was actually when she was sick is... interesting, I have had some unwanted weight loss going off antidepressants myself and we're about the same age so I'm curious if that might be a factor.

nah it doesn 't make sense. there are are so many tell signs of when someone is naturally skinny as oppose to being unhealthy. because their was a point when she stropped being vegan and gained weight but was still skinny but at least it was healthy looking. this bratz doll that she's been sporting for a minute screams dysmorphia

16 hours ago, ariananext said:

This. Literally the most harmless celebrity we have right now, she just minds her business, keeps it private, doesn't feud with anybody and spends her days working and raising awareness on important topics on social media. Like if you have something negative to say I'm sorry but the problem might be you :deadbanana4:

people are allowed to voice their concerns about her well being, especially her fans

9 hours ago, ariananext said:

:heart:

she needs to not take part in this conversation considering she's just as guilty with all the editing she does to her pics as well as her sporting an entire new face by the time she was of legal age

3 hours ago, gloamingtheplain said:

Controversial but I really dislike that she said that her normal looking weight was when she was the “least healthy”. 

She was literally skinny even then, but looked more normal.

When millions of young girls idolise you and you start saying skeletal thin is “healthy” and the weight where she looked more normal was “unhealthy”, that is very problematic. 

I get that she is naturally thin BUT she obviously has body issues, her weight when she was “unhealthy” is probably the closest she’s been to an everyday diet. 

And of course, no one should scrutinise any issues she’s going through. 

yeah when she said i got so much deja vu from people i've known in real life who have ranges of dysmorphia and this reminded me of that 

1 hour ago, Limitless said:

no one would be damning her for being healthy

2 hours ago, Limitless said:

She would have been fine as long as she didn’t mention that her normal looking body was when she was “unhealthy”. 

She should have left it at “healthy has different sizes” and left it at that. To call a normal sized body being because of a “unhealthy lifestyle” it’s definitely a red flag. 

1 minute ago, gloamingtheplain said:

She would have been fine as long as she didn’t mention that her normal looking body was when she was “unhealthy”. 

She should have left it at “healthy has different sizes” and left it at that. To call a normal sized body being because of a “unhealthy lifestyle” it’s definitely a red flag. 

That’s normal to YOU! We don’t know CLINICALLY if she was deemed “unhealthy” or not—only her medical practitioners do. So I don’t understand why everyone is hyper-fixated on that single word. Additionally, she mentioned she was drinking, whilst on antidepressants, at the time. That will cause anyone to gain weight. 

Another thing, had she “rehearsed” this, and had some PR person write it, and it had ALL the “right” words she “should say”, y’all would still find something wrong with that, call her disingenuous and insincere. So, instead, she comes out and talks with a stream of conscious, and being genuine to how she feels and here y’all are, yet again, critiquing her. 

Like..?

On 4/11/2023 at 2:07 PM, mxoonlight said:

CUZ SHE WAS USING THE AAVE Y’ALL WERE CRYING ABOUT??? FKDKDKDKFKDKD

oh my god shut up :skull: get back on twitter with the keyboard smashes. theyre pointing out she doesnt talk the same anymore bc its not cool for her to emulate poc now so shes back to her "white girl" voice. wasnt her blaccent "just the way she talks" before? if thats the way she talks what happened to it? :kitty:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.