Kelly Clarkson - 'chemistry'

kelly-clarkson
Ryan
Message added by Ryan,

Stream chemistry, out now!

I think someone already wrote it but I wish "Lighthouse" had a longer final chorus.

It ends so abruptly - this song deserves a huge ending.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RealityBites

• BravoTangoWhiskey

• Heartbeat Song

• JoeAg

1. My December

2. Breakaway

3. Stronger

4. chemistry

5. Piece by Piece

6. Meaning of Life

7. All I Ever Wanted

8. Thankful

Not convinced in my own ranking at all other than the top 3 and Thankful :toofunny3: really like-love the first 6, like AIEW and I'm indifferent for Thankful.

I honestly felt more of a Stronger/My December/MOL being the strongest influence on this album.

I barely got any hint of Breakaway on this album. Though this is lyrically her strongest album since My December. I said what I said. :sistrens: 

30 minutes ago, xDiamondx said:

I honestly felt more of a Stronger/My December/MOL being the strongest influence on this album.

I barely got any hint of Breakaway on this album. Though this is lyrically her strongest album since My December. I said what I said. :sistrens: 

me, my mistake, down to you - MoL

high road, magic, i hate love - Stronger

chemistry, lighthouse, skip this part - My December

• Like 1

this deserves best pop vocal album tbh :giraffe:

rock hudson is one of her best songs to date

• Thanks 1

rock hudson should've been the lead-single... easily would've increased the hype

1. Breakaway

2. Stronger

3. My December

4. chemistry

5. Meaning of Life

6. All I Ever Wanted

7. Piece by Piece

8. Thankful

8 minutes ago, jpsketch said:

me, my mistake, down to you - MoL

high road, magic, i hate love - Stronger

chemistry, lighthouse, skip this part - My December

kinda see this. rock hudson could be played next to let me down and i forgive you, tbh.

1 hour ago, Schami66 said:

I think someone already wrote it but I wish "Lighthouse" had a longer final chorus.

It ends so abruptly - this song deserves a huge ending.

I like the live version more.  I like how the vocals aren't as strong during the verses.  I like the upped intensity in the bridge.  And the longer break between the bridge and the last chorus as well.  And yes, agree the post-bridge portion should be longer.

Edited by KellBell

lighthouse was literally there and they chose red flag collector and favorite kind of high??.......

1.  Breakaway

2. My December

3. chemistry

4-6.  AIEW, PxP, Stronger

7. MoL

8. Thankful

I put Breakaway first cause I definitely love it and it has so many hits but I honestly don't relisten to it much.  I think part of it is I played it out so much in the first few years it came out.  My December will always be one of my favorites cause it was so personal and has some of the higlights of her discography.  Chemistry might be boosted b/c of recency bias, but I really do love it and it has some of her best songs in recent albums/years. AIEW, PxP, and Stronger, there are songs I love on each album but also songs that I really don't so it's hard for me to rank them but I know they're in the middle somewhere.

Besides 1 or 2 songs, MoL is kinda forgettable for me and I don't ever re-listen even tho it's relatively newer.  Thankful has some gems, but overall not really the type of music I personally really enjoy in general or from her.  I like pop or pop/rock Kelly more than soulful Kelly.  She sounds really good singing soulful things, but just not my favorite genre of music.

18 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

lighthouse was literally there and they chose red flag collector and favorite kind of high??.......

weird to complain about promo singles when the entire album is out :huh:

skip this part... whew

28 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

They were just promo singles because Kelly explained that they had very few ways to actually promote the album, due to the massive writer's strike that has shut down the entire LA production sets. I'm actually glad they did it this way because it really makes lighthouse stand out (like how Sober is one of the major highlights of MD).

1 hour ago, xDiamondx said:

kinda see this. rock hudson could be played next to let me down and i forgive you, tbh.

absolutely

oh she did that 

i wanna say after a few days so far that, it's easily in my top 5 Kelly albums.

I need another couple of weeks to properly digest and rate it in the top 5. Objectively, it still needs time to be rated in a specific position but it's personally my favorite due to how I can relate to it currently.

Never really related to PxP or MOL in that particular sense.

down to you is so good :jonny: I've been playing it a lot since Friday

1. My December

2. Breakaway

3. All I Ever Wanted

4. Meaning of Life

5. Chemistry

6. Thankful

7. Stronger (aside from the first four songs I really don't get the hype)

8. Piece by Piece

• ATRL Moderator

Y'all Magic is that bish. The vocal performance, the intimacy, the ethereal production :wanda:might be top three, still too early for me to rank anything definitively 

• Like 1

Finished the whole album, and Kelly is back to form indeed. :superman:

• Like 1

the energy of these 3 ladies is contagious! the fact that a morning show can be more insightful and entertaining than those hour long interviews with high brow guys like zach and zane...

I really wish they did something more like this and had actual videos. 🤦🏼‍♂️

01 DOWN TO YOU
02 FAV KIND OF HIGH 
03 ROCK HUDSON 
04 LIGHTHOUSE
05 RED FLAG/MAGIC

Gave this a listen and my favorites are:

-Mine

-Me

-Favorite Kind of High

-I Hate Love

This album is so good. :jonny5: I fear Kelly did that this time. Much more replay value than MOL. 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.