Taylor Swift lip syncing swept under the rug. Why?

Aqua

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paola Bracho

• PoisonedIvy

• Headlock

• Cleanromantic

Taylor is not a singer or even a performer 

She’s a songwriter, her concerts are basically a massive m&g were fans sing along and connect with her

The nonstop oth meltdowns :deadbanana2:, 2023 is gonna be so hard on you all, just like 2022 was :jonnycat:.

First of all, she would destroy her voice singing for over 3 hours nonstop. That's a compromise.

And also, the overall excpectations to tour shows have changed since the beginning of the poptism era. Lip-synching got you in trouble 2 decades ago cause that's musicians were at the center of rock shows. Since then production has become more important for major pop tours than the pure musicianship. Janet and Madonna paved the way for that development and now people like Taylor and Beyoncé try to find the maximum with even bigger and even more spectacle filled shows. But elaborate staging, choreography, long runtimes, costume changes, they all take a toll on the stamina of the performer. Relying on a back up vocals is a compromise to make huge productions possible.

Or tl;dr: Rock shows were focused on the ideal of musicianship (lip-synching is a sin), while being limited production-wise. Pop shows focus on growing spectacle value, while being limited by human constraints (lip-synching is necessary for the performer's stamina). Which side you prefer is subjective.

Edited by The Next Day

8 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

No, you're describing your own fave here. Rihanna not only can't sing or dance, she also can't even play instruments or writes songs! She literally cannot do ANYTHING. Taylor at least is a very talented musician, even if she's not the best singer. The nerve of you calling ANYONE ELSE overrated, what a JOKE :bibliahh:

Taylor's success has you all so mad, it would be hilarious to see if it wasn't so sad :toofunny3:

This is so 2010'd and a statement that virtually no one outside of this site is going to agree with today :rip: 

because she’s the music industry and most talented artist of all time :fan:

Edited by OnikaSlays

29 minutes ago, Santhosh said:

LG don't 

the backing track vocals during enigma and other songs at the Chromatica Tour were louder than her mic

if Taylor is lip syncing in those videos, then so was Gaga

Edited by louis58

:celestial6: My fave (a vocalist) has an extensive history of fighting to be heard over her backing tracks, so I sympathize with the Taylor fans. 

The backfire :ahh: 

It's so funny seeing the oth practically invent "drags" cause all of their talking points were debunked one by one :redface:.

*Anti Hero is carried by fans!!1!1! Meanwhile the song spent 20 weeks in the top 10 and is her biggest hit in Europe.

*She's lip-syncing to off key vocals!!!11!! Meanwhile she's using a backing track like every other pop artist.

*The tour is boring!!!111!! Meanwhile the tour is acclaimed.

*Her fans are all 14 year old girls!!!11! Meanwhile studies show her fanbase is overwhelmingly composed of millennials and gen x.

Like get a life and give it a rest :deadbanana2:

Edited by Cleanromantic

Well, honestly, literally nobody has time to give a **** if it's 110% live when she's going 43 songs per night for three hours. If this were billed as an entirely acoustic set maybe it would matter, I guess?

25 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

I don't think she's lip syncing, she just has a heavy back track but I don't blame her cause after 3+ hours of performing and 44 songs I wouldn't even be lifting the microphone :rip:  These videos are on the last act anyways so i'm sure she's exhausted. 

This. 

Plus, on the second video on the OP there’s barely any back track. 

I mean seeing an artist release tons of music, embark on tour with a 3+ hour long set, and being at the very top success- and acclaim-wise must take a toll on your mental health.

I'm not even slightly surprised to see which fanbase is the most pressed out of all. 

Like seriously, PLEASE keep the meltdowns coming. They get more and more desperate. Ridiculous. And EMBARASSING every single time. :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: 

y’all are in for a long 2023 if Taylor’s success continues to push y’all’s buttons like this :dies: 

54 minutes ago, Aqua said:

Taylor more often than not performs to an overpowering backing track or with the mic off completely yet the media, GP or pop stans never bully her the same way they do with other female artists.

Why is this?

Is the Taylor Swift media propaganda uncontrollable?

Let’s discuss :lakitu:

she looks so bored in the first video :bibliahh:

43 minutes ago, Phaunzie said:

I mean what would expect from a songwriter? Lack of vocals comes with the territory when you are not a singer.

Mimi is a songwriter and she used to give us this:

Not y’all complaining about her lip syncing a bit of a 3+ hour show while some of you lose your breath getting up from your computer chair to go microwave a hot pocket. 

44 songs. She needs vocal rest which is understandable.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.