JLo more talented than Mariah. Why?

TheVelvetFg

JLo is known for a green dress whereas Mariah was known for her music (back in the day — currently she’s just a Christmas meme)

they’re not the same :coffee2:

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• suburbannature

• JustLikeHoney

• stevyy

• Rocket

1 minute ago, Bhabylon said:

JLo is known for a green dress whereas Mariah was known for her music (back in the day — currently she’s just a Christmas meme)

Aka she's still known for her music.

JustLikeHoney
3 hours ago, stevyy said:

she did. and here she slayed even harder without moving. 

Yes she was great in 1997. Last millennia was truly her era. Congrats Queen of the late '90's.:clap3:

Edited by JustLikeHoney

1 hour ago, JustLikeHoney said:

Yes she was great in 1997. Last millennia was truly her era. Congrats Queen of the late '90's.:clap3:

Mariah was definitely much more talented that JLo in the past but it's no longer true these days.

• Thumbs Down 1

Wow, a page per every #1 hit the uber-talented Mariah Carey has. Which is difficult to get; not everybody has that. The sheer absurdity of the premise for the thread. 

Usually, they say you shouldn't diminish the success of others to elevate your fave but it's quite another thing to elevate your fave in the face of an overwhelmingly contradictory reality. 

Edited by Ibrahim

13 minutes ago, Jude said:

Mariah was definitely much more talented that JLo in the past but it's no longer true these days.

Please share how Mariah's songwriting, song production, etc have disappeared to the point that entertainer, Jennifer Lopez, is even in the same stratosphere, talent-wise? Even her voice in vocal decline from its peak is still better than most other singers out there.

I shudder to think what that means for much of the rest of the names in your signature.

Edited by suburbannature

JustLikeHoney
27 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Thank you for proving my point. Late 90's Mariah was a goddess.:clap3:

1 minute ago, JustLikeHoney said:

The trolling when you 1. didn't watch a single clip and 2. know good and well from being part of her second fan base that those are top tier vocal performances. 

It’s crazy how y’all still give obvious trolls attention 

4 minutes ago, JustLikeHoney said:

2018-riah slayed tho

3 hours ago, Bhabylon said:

Her Christmas music is definitely bigger than some of her catalog hits - it's even bigger than the biggest hits of JLo 10x over. It's getting bigger every year too. She's so lucky to have such a unique mark not just in music but in our yearly celebration of Christmas too. 

It's not her fault her Christmas music has taken a life of its own. Thankfully, her catalog has so much classics that they're outstreaming JLo's.

Remember, a Ryan Reynolds blockbuster used Fantasy extensively...did any of JLo's hits have that kind of effect?

JustLikeHoney
8 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

The trolling when you 1. didn't watch a single clip and 2. know good and well from being part of her second fan base that those are top tier vocal performances. 

I didn't really want to. I mean did anyone ever want to see Mariah live? What did her highest concert tour make like $25 Million? 

What's funny is I went to one of her tours live. I remember my boyfriend and I looking at each other confused for half the show. That's when I stopped stanning. She is not that talented. 

JLO isn't talented in anything but dancing and even that is overhyped. Her choregraphy outside get out is terrible.

1 minute ago, JustLikeHoney said:

I didn't really want to. I mean did anyone ever want to see Mariah live? What did her highest concert tour make like $25 Million? 

What's funny is I went to one of her tours live. I remember my boyfriend and I looking at each other confused for half the show. That's when I stopped stanning. She is not that talented. 

:ahh: 

Let's see Miss Lopez enter the Songwriters Hall of Fame, have one of the greatest voices of all-time, sell 200k Tokyo Dome tickets in less than an hour, single-handedly change the course of popular music, be one of only six women nominated for Grammy Producer of the Year, be the best-selling female in North American and Western artist in Asia...and not ONLY be known for a dress and a series of panned rom-coms then we can talk talent. 

HquAKug.png

JustLikeHoney
10 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

:ahh: 

Let's see Miss Lopez enter the Songwriters Hall of Fame, have one of the greatest voices of all-time, sell 200k Tokyo Dome tickets in less than an hour, single-handedly change the course of popular music, be one of only six women nominated for Grammy Producer of the Year, be the best-selling female in North American and Western artist in Asia...and not ONLY be known for a dress and a series of panned rom-coms then we can talk talent. 

HquAKug.png

And yet 20 years later she is still the 6th highest earning actress in the world. Razzies are stupid. Literally Oscar winning actresses have won razzies.

Also JLo actually lost a Razzie to Mariah one year. :rip:

Do you even know what the razzie redeemer award is?

Because you look foolish right now. 

Some people get better with time. Some do not. 

JLo has two best live concert tour awards. 

Did anyone ever like a live Mariah show? 

Edited by JustLikeHoney

Just now, JustLikeHoney said:

And yet 20 years later she is still the 6th highest earning actress in the world. Razzies are stupid. Literally Oscar winning actresses have won razzies.

Also do you even know what the razzie redeemer award is?

Because you look foolish right now. 

Some people get better with time. Some do not. 

JLo has two best live concert tour awards. 

Did anyone ever like a live Mariah show? 

Mariah has the best-selling female live album EVER, seven platinum live DVDs, set Asian touring records, and had a Thanksgiving live special watched by 1/5th of Americans in 1993

Glad JLo won "two awards" to add to her very full Razzie cabinet from her main career though 

2 minutes ago, JustLikeHoney said:

Literally Oscar winning actresses have won razzies.

Too bad some Razzie winning actresses still haven't won an Oscar

FE4F9658-569F-40B5-8395-2AA48EB71E8D.thu

5 minutes ago, Zaynsus said:

Too bad some Razzie winning actresses still haven't won an Oscar

And still haven't been nominated despite it being "locked"

JustLikeHoney
11 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Mariah has the best-selling female live album EVER, seven platinum live DVDs, set Asian touring records, and had a Thanksgiving live special watched by 1/5th of Americans in 1993

Glad JLo won "two awards" to add to her very full Razzie cabinet from her main career though 

You mean Mariah has the most shipped live album. Mariah literally a difference of 20 million albums shipped vs sold in the sound scan era. Tommy wanted his wife to be the biggest star in the world. And she honestly deserved it in the 90's at her peak. 

Edited by JustLikeHoney

You mean Mariah has the most shipped live album. Mariah literally a difference of 20 million albums shipped vs sold in the sound scan era. Tommy wanted his wife to be the biggest star in the world. 

More trolling when her she's the top-selling female artist of the Soundscan verified sales era. You're hurt.

Fun fact: Music Box PURE sales almost equally equal Jennifer Lopez's career album sales. :ahh: 

JustLikeHoney
Just now, suburbannature said:

More trolling when her she's the top-selling female artist of the Soundscan verified sales era. You're hurt.

Fun fact: Music Box PURE sales almost equally equal Jennifer Lopez's career album sales. :ahh: 

Music is JLo's part time gig. That why her net worth is like $50 to $80 Million more than Mariah. 

People love to down play JLo but 20+ years later she has a $100 Million plus concert residency and is still one of the highest paid actresses in the world. 

Mariah has her Hallmark movies and her 1992 Christmas song in 2023. :clap3:

Music is JLo's part time gig. That why her net worth is like $50 to $80 Million more than Mariah. 

People love to down play JLo but 20+ years later she has a $100 Million plus concert residency and is still one of the highest paid actresses in the world. 

Mariah has her Hallmark movies and her 1992 Christmas song in 2023. :clap3:

You know you've really lost an argument when you've deflected enough that you're now on fake Internet net worths in a talent topic :ahh: 

I’m sorry, y’all let this troll thread get to NINETEEN pages?! Like, we all know Mariah is more talented. Come on now :deadbanana4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.