JLo goes viral for vocal skills

Scotland

Her vocals have improved tremendously and she has better technique, but she'll never be a good vocalist. She's in the same lane vocally as Ciara, Janet, Paula Abdul, Britney, Madonna, Aaliyah, Carly Rae Jepsen, etc. I was going to include Selena Gomez, Ashlee Simpson, Lindsay Lohan and Hillary Duff, but they're just awful.

On 3/17/2023 at 11:22 PM, PoisonPill said:

The fact that most people here think this is good shows how far the bar has fallen. Like, yeah it's good for a karaoke bar, but this is one of the most successful and highest paid singers of all time :deadbanana4:

Agreed, but I hope you acknowledge that about your fave also. :deadbanana4:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• suburbannature

• Helios

• lonnie

• SchmoodRing

it was ok. She's not a skilled vocalist but she can pull off ok vocal performances here and there and this was one of them :clap3: 

The fact that people here think this sounds good explains a lot

17 hours ago, Inverted said:

Her vocals have improved tremendously and she has better technique, but she'll never be a good vocalist. She's in the same lane vocally as Ciara, Janet, Paula Abdul, Britney, Madonna, Aaliyah, Carly Rae Jepsen, etc. I was going to include Selena Gomez, Ashlee Simpson, Lindsay Lohan and Hillary Duff, but they're just awful.

Sorry, but I cannot stand for J.Lo being placed in the same league as singers known for their delicate vocal ranges, technical skill and emotional resonance like Aaliyah and Janet (and even Britney in certain instances). J.Lo literally cannot sing in tune after decades of trying, she's closer to the tier of a regular person off the street than she is to those vocalists you mentioned.

• 1 month later...
On 3/20/2023 at 10:09 PM, Inverted said:

Agreed, but I hope you acknowledge that about your fave also. :deadbanana4:

selena had potential before she got lazy. lindsay and ashlee had great voices just based on the fact that they weren't generic babyvoice. hilary always had the standard pop voice which is fine. i think jlo can sing. what i hate is when she tries to show any range knowing damn well that she can't because that's when you see all the technical fails of it all. 

On 3/21/2023 at 3:40 PM, PoisonPill said:

Sorry, but I cannot stand for J.Lo being placed in the same league as singers known for their delicate vocal ranges, technical skill and emotional resonance like Aaliyah and Janet (and even Britney in certain instances). J.Lo literally cannot sing in tune after decades of trying, she's closer to the tier of a regular person off the street than she is to those vocalists you mentioned.

no one claims jlo is a vocalist but the way ya paint her out to be some vocal pariah is another thing. we have proof that britney can sing. all she needs is some training and coaching and sing her natural register and she should be fine. janet is not a vocalist either but her voice has character and personality. same for aaliyah.

This is adequate

Edited by Reverse Warholian

It was a good performance. She has charisma, you Watch her. While you change the channel with 90% of these supposed greater vocalists, with no personality and all the same.

When people will understand charisma and personality for some audience It's what you makes a pop star, whatever you reach this connection doesn't matter. 

If i have to listen only perfect voices I go to the opera, not to a pop concert. 

The backlash on here :clap3: Twitter is so embarassing with their forced Jlo hate

I actually thought she did a better live singing than any Rihanna performance of this song.

1 hour ago, SchmoodRing said:

selena had potential before she got lazy. lindsay and ashlee had great voices just based on the fact that they weren't generic babyvoice. hilary always had the standard pop voice which is fine. i think jlo can sing. what i hate is when she tries to show any range knowing damn well that she can't because that's when you see all the technical fails of it all. 

no one claims jlo is a vocalist but the way ya paint her out to be some vocal pariah is another thing. we have proof that britney can sing. all she needs is some training and coaching and sing her natural register and she should be fine. janet is not a vocalist either but her voice has character and personality. same for aaliyah.

Aaliyah sang CIRCLES around the likes of JLo and Britney. Be serious.

9 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

aaliyah as far as i can remember has the same range as janet. she was never known as a vocalist. no shade. aaliyah will always be that girl.

9 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

your avi is beautiful btw love me some sydney was that at this years met?

Jenny has never been a "singer singer" she's more like a showgirl , performer , visual artist 

She is more like Paula Abdul than Janet or Aaliyah 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.