Is Madonna really ruining her legacy with her antics, or will they be no big deal?

HeavyMetalAura

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Frozen99

• HeavyMetalAura

• Oktober Knight

• FailSafe

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, toxicgenie said:

GenZ doesn't know her tbh. Maybe she should have let Julia Garner make the movie about her life.

I'm gen z and so are my friends and we all know who she is...:ryan2:

does everyone love her absolutely not but people know who she is 

then again would @toxicgenie from atrl lie ?:celestial5:

Prince, David Bowie and Elton John have all release many, many albums considered to be commercial failures/low points/duds/bad yet here they are with intact legacies and considered to be among the greatest artists to ever grace this earth.

3 hours ago, Cloröx said:

Nope, but she's fading, a relic and no longer relevant in present day

and here we are in 2023 discussing THE queen of Pop as the world did since 1982.

No, but if she were to die tomorrow, things would be ending on somewhat of a bitter note. And what I'm speaking of specifically are the videos of her on social media where it appears that she's on something and the messy performances. That beings said, whenever Madonna goes, she will be venerated as the entertaining visionary she always has been.

It won’t matter in the long run. MJ is a literal ******* *pedo* and after he died everyone forgot about that and just remembers him as a pop culture legend. The same thing will happen with Madonna, and she has… significantly less baggage than MJ does. 

:zzz: it really says all about the 'people' spending their time online like a saturday night with endless essays trying to convince about someone being over and tarnished, while the person in question is busy enjoying her life and kids, making headlines and trending on a daily basis, being the top streamed artist from her peers, viral tracks and rehearsing for another sold out 70 dates arena tour.

Edited by The Second Coming

No, her career speaks for itself.

And also - everyone is suddenly worshipped after they pass away. Look how MJ and Whitney were treated before and after they passed. 

6 hours ago, Mike91 said:

If people can forget Michael Jackson's and Whitney Huston's lower points (which were definitely a lot more hurtful to their legacy) then people will forget about Madonna's Tik Tok and instagram videos when she's gone/fully retires. :rip:

exactly :clap3: .. tho, ngl, i was surprised by her lukewarm reception at the grammy's.

12 minutes ago, Frozen99 said:

exactly :clap3: .. tho, ngl, i was surprised by her lukewarm reception at the grammy's.

in my head im having all of these scenarios as to why the popular crowd (lizzo, bey, harry) didnt give her some love. I remember lizzo being a shady ***** on twitter after the madonna/beyonce queens remix, so maybe she caused it by bad mouthing her. or perhaps they couldnt see her well on the little stage.. the whole thing felt like an elitist party

idts

she's having trouble  with aging, that tons of woman have too

Edited by lauren198

1 hour ago, wanderlust said:

in my head im having all of these scenarios as to why the popular crowd (lizzo, bey, harry) didnt give her some love. I remember lizzo being a shady ***** on twitter after the madonna/beyonce queens remix, so maybe she caused it by bad mouthing her. or perhaps they couldnt see her well on the little stage.. the whole thing felt like an elitist party

lizzo was shady with the remix? i didn't know .. yeah, it felt elitist and the stage was so small they probably didn't even know she was on .. it was weird honestly.

To ruin a legacy, you either need to be discredited artistically (ghostwriting or ghostsinging allegations, for example) or commit something truly heinous (R. Kelly).

Madonna will be more than fine.

Most people release awful music when they are older and they still mantain their legacy
Bowie released mid music for most of his later career 
Prince albums were plain bad since the 2000s 

That didn't change anything from them 

24 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

Most people release awful music when they are older and they still mantain their legacy
Bowie released mid music for most of his later career 
Prince albums were plain bad since the 2000s 

That didn't change anything from them 

Yeah because they were men, it`s ok. For woman no, tell me an female artist that is paraised completly from that era? None, even Cher. She is a nostalgic act.

I think the problem is M is getting older on front of everybody, even with pastic surgeries (her choice i respect). Doing what she always did, working hard, producing, creating and people are mad because society wnats older people at home. Most fans say her music past 2008 is ****, well they are listening to music from those years? NO. She always delivers very good music, tell me one singer who had the balls to release something like Madame X? Knowing that wasn`t commercial, completly artistic. Even with Hard Candy or MDNA her least loved albuns there are music so much better that most people released in that time, Rebel Heart is such a good album, if was released by other would be a sucess. People don`t want her to be sucessfull, so they trash her work. Even her pairs, so little support her. Only the clever ones and who can see the brillance of Madonna. Beyonce did it, Taylor did it. Madonna won`t be like Bowie or The Rolling Stones or Cher, reclusive or doing Las vegas or touring with hits, she will continue do be Madonna like the first day. She is still the best female pop artist in the business, sorry for the other ladies, they still doing what M did first, none of them revolucionated the music business like M did. So they are benefiting from her. So her legacy is still strong. People only will say good thing about her when she dies. She belong to a triunviratum of artist that were unique. M, Michael Jackson and Prince. The two are dead, she is still here 

doing her thing, like the first day.

Accusations of pedophilia against MJ didn't truly tarnished his musical legacy, so it would be stupid, ageist and misogynistic if using too many fillers and filters tarnished Madonna's.

No, her legacy is intact but it's mainly on atrl and other music forum that I see people show her love. Accomplishement wise, she is the most successful female singer of all time but that hasn't translated into love with the GP. People don't hype her as much as they do Aretha Diana Ross, Whitney, even Mariah, etc. 

She attended the Grammys recently and was on stage, and she didn't really get hyped compare to what a legend of her status should. 

Her clownish behaviour on social media contributed though. It de-mistify that aura that legends of her status are seen as and makes it easy for her to be targeted by anyone. It just made her seem accessible and ordinary. Unlike other legends that we don't always see, so whenever we see them, it's like an event. That's Beyoncé and now Taylor's tactic. The more exclusive you are, the longer the aura and demand stays. 

Edited by chaklux

100% agree with everything you said. and i feel that it takes a certain type of person to understand our pov.

Madonna has always been a visionary, who’s very much ahead of her time. some people are too “current” in their mindset and don’t have the capacity to comprehend the imprint she’s leaving. and yes, she’s paving the way for the future girlies, once again. she knows exactly what she’s doing. 

she was “ruining her career” at the 1984 MTV Awards. she was “ruining her career” when she released the Like a Prayer music video. also, when she released the sex book. 

she’s a ******* legend.

There's a difference between ruining a legacy and becoming a modern-day laughing stock. She may be making a fool of herself currently, but her body of work and influence on pop culture will ultimately be what's remembered. 

it's like people are just finding out about Madonna :toofunny2: she's been like this for decades and that's exactly why she's been known as Queen of Pop since forever 

22 hours ago, Shaner69 said:

Madonna is a legend touch grass you troll. 

Did you read my post or are you the one who's trolling :rip: 

They will be no big deal. The backlash to Madonna is misogyny and ageism and her imperial era will always shine through all the BS at the end of it all.

I've been alive to witness her career from Ray Of Light onwards, and she was never one to trendhop until around Hard Candy. The stuff she was putting out until then always seemed different but somehow relevant. But I've always thought certain songs and lyrics would show her age compared to her younger peers around then if that makes sense?

What she's been doing from Hard Candy onwards is pure trend hopping and latching onto whoever has any relevancy to try and integrate her into the minds of the youth of today, and it worked for a bit. Hard Candy was a success. (Let's ignore MDNA & Madame X) if Rebel Heart had different singles and the whole rollout wasn't messed up by the leak.. maybe she could've turned things around then. But it didn't, and now she's a legacy act and not acting as such is definitely tarnishing the way people see her.

When she dies her legacy will be fine. It's like time reverts back to the prime of an artist's career when they die.

3 minutes ago, XtinaStripped said:

I've been alive to witness her career from Ray Of Light onwards, and she was never one to trendhop until around Hard Candy. The stuff she was putting out until then always seemed different but somehow relevant. But I've always thought certain songs and lyrics would show her age compared to her younger peers around then if that makes sense?

What she's been doing from Hard Candy onwards is pure trend hopping and latching onto whoever has any relevancy to try and integrate her into the minds of the youth of today, and it worked for a bit. Hard Candy was a success. (Let's ignore MDNA & Madame X) if Rebel Heart had different singles and the whole rollout wasn't messed up by the leak.. maybe she could've turned things around then. But it didn't, and now she's a legacy act and not acting as such is definitely tarnishing the way people see her.

When she dies her legacy will be fine. It's like time reverts back to the prime of an artist's career when they die.

Also just to add.. As cringe as some of her behavior is right now let's not forget she's been writing the rulebook. She did an excellent job at paving the way for the artists behind her. She's still doing things her way now for better or worse.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.