P!nk's TRUSTFALL outsold Beyoncé's Renaissance in the UK. Why?

Liafen

3 hours ago, Bey_Rihstan said:

Anyway, isn’t pink bigger there in general? Shhxjckcnwhy would this be a shocker 

Nah, Beyoncé outlasted her i fear 

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Liafen

• Lovett

• bijonse

• Virtual_Insanity

Pink bothered to do do traditional promo, which is still very very effective in the UK. 

Most pop girls would add 5 to 10k to their first week with a couple of prime time TV performances and some radio interviews. 

Look at the way both of her singles are in the top 20, it is super easy. 

11 hours ago, Armani? said:

These are total units for Beyonce in UK Albums (10 months old)
UK

Albums
Dangerously in Love 1,312,386 (5/8/22) 4X PLATINUM #1 (5 wks)
B'day 755,148 [483,108 + 272,040] PLATINUM and GOLD #3
I am...Sasha Fierce 1,836,494 (5/8/22) 6X PLATINUM #2 - (248 Weeks)
4 862,600 (5/8/22) 2X PLATINUM #1 (2 Wks) - (122 Weeks)
BEYONCÉ + MORE EP 736,678 (5/8/22) + 60,000 2X PLATINUM and SILVER #2 - (146 Weeks)
Lemonade 515,835 (5/8/22) PLATINUM #1

8 hours ago, MrLovett said:

The way every single Beyoncé total in their post is significantly under what they're actually at. :lmao:

Um no? I just used their pure sales. These are pinks sps units in the UK. As you see Pink still has higher highs and a better average 

Can’t Take Me Home-490k

Missundazstood-1.9 million

Try This-580k

Im Not Dead-1.45 million 

Funhouse- 1.35 million

Greatest Hits- 1.4 million

The Truth About Love-1 million 

Beautiful Trauma- 605k 

Hurts to be human-229k

Dangerously In Love-1.3 million

B’Day-755k

I Am Sasha Fierce-1.83 million

4-863k

Self Titled-737k

Lemonade-515k

Renaissance-120k 

7 hours ago, bijonse said:

The way you shaved a good 20/30% off every Beyoncé total lmao

I didn’t shave off. I just used pure sales because I couldn’t find Beyoncé sps. Even with sps pink still has more units and a better average. 

13 hours ago, Bey_Rihstan said:

Anyway, isn’t pink bigger there in general? Shhxjckcnwhy would this be a shocker 

she's not, beyonce has sold plenty more records than p!nk in the UK with 3 fewer albums:deadbanana: those girlies are just blatantly lying 

2 hours ago, VioletsandRoses said:

Um no? I just used their pure sales. These are pinks sps units in the UK. As you see Pink still has higher highs and a better average 

Can’t Take Me Home-490k

Missundazstood-1.9 million

Try This-580k

Im Not Dead-1.45 million 

Funhouse- 1.35 million

Greatest Hits- 1.4 million

The Truth About Love-1 million 

Beautiful Trauma- 605k 

Hurts to be human-229k

Dangerously In Love-1.3 million

B’Day-755k

I Am Sasha Fierce-1.83 million

4-863k

Self Titled-737k

Lemonade-515k

Renaissance-120k 

I didn’t shave off. I just used pure sales because I couldn’t find Beyoncé sps. Even with sps pink still has more units and a better average. 

and yet beyonce has sold almost 6M more records and is in the top 4 highest certified female artists in the country

but sure, p!nk is bigger in the UK! 

Pink's level of fame in Europe is at Madonna level, so many artists can't match her over here. She makes very radio-ready pop albums that the GP here wants, whereas Beyoncé's work in recent years has been a somewhat harder sell. They've also been unapologetically black thematically, something that doesn't always play out as well in Europe as it can in North America. Really, it's no surprise Trustfall sold more than Renaissance. It seems engineered to be a success in Europe.

4 minutes ago, The7thStranger said:

Pink's level of fame in Europe is at Madonna level, so many artists can't match her over here. She makes very radio-ready pop albums that the GP here wants, whereas Beyoncé's work in recent years has been a somewhat harder sell. They've also been unapologetically black thematically, something that doesn't always play out as well in Europe as it can in North America. Really, it's no surprise Trustfall sold more than Renaissance. It seems engineered to be a success in Europe.

Stopped reading here.

The DELUSION.

Anyone in Europe will tell u Pink does not compare to Beyonce. Yea radio does love to play Pink and middle aged women bop to her, but the way people perceived her vs Beyonce is quite drastic. If anything, Bey is considered the Madonna/MJ of our gen

4 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Stopped reading here.

The DELUSION.

Anyone in Europe will tell u Pink does not compare to Beyonce. Yea radio does love to play Pink and middle aged women bop to her, but the way people perceived her vs Beyonce is quite drastic. If anything, Bey is considered the Madonna/MJ of our gen

Europe is also not necessarily monolithic. Where I live and have lived for nearly a decade now (in Germany), Pink is undoubtedly the bigger act. I'm also not a fan of Pink and am a fan of Beyoncé, so please don't call me delusional. I'm just stating something that is clear as day.

Also, please note that "Pink is more successful here" does not mean "Beyoncé is unsuccessful here."

3 minutes ago, The7thStranger said:

Europe is also not necessarily monolithic. Where I live and have lived for nearly a decade now (in Germany), Pink is undoubtedly the bigger act. I'm also not a fan of Pink and am a fan of Beyoncé, so please don't call me delusional. I'm just stating something that is clear as day.

Also, please note that "Pink is more successful here" does not mean "Beyoncé is unsuccessful here."

I am from Germany as well lol. Some radio success here and there does not make her the bigger star. I agree that commercially, Pink has done better here than Bey (especially when it comes to the 2010s where Germany pretty much abandoned Bey musically), but fame-wise, Bey is still revered more

Not he tried to pull “in my country” like pleaseeeeee :lmao:

3 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

I am from Germany as well lol. Some radio success here and there does not make her the bigger star. I agree that commercially, Pink has done better here than Bey (especially when it comes to the 2010s where Germany pretty much abandoned Bey musically), but fame-wise, Bey is still revered more

Beyoncé filling up those EU stadiums when her music wasn’t doing it for Europeans according to the user above is just way more impressive then hm? This summer will be very interesting since BMS and cuff it were hits and she got her first #1 album in a few countries over there :celestial5:

18 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

I wish that were the case, but I don't see that here and never really have. Pink has always been a force to be reckoned with here in a way that most other pop stars aren't. Apart from Pink, Helen Fischer, (edit) and Shakira I'm not sure who else (in recent years) has reached and maintained that level of success here. I was thankful that I was able to get Renaissance at a MediaMarkt on release. With Pink, if I wanted to buy one of her new albums (no thanks), doubt would have never even crossed my mind. You know they would stock a million copies. :michael:

Edited by The7thStranger

4 minutes ago, bijonse said:

Not he tried to pull “in my country” like pleaseeeeee :lmao:

I literally own zero Pink albums and own all of Beyoncé's apart from Sasha Fierce. I'm just reporting what I see. Again, Pink's level of success has nothing to do with Beyoncé's. She's still very successful here. I just think that Pink appeals to the GP in a way that very few other girls in pop do. :rip:

12 minutes ago, The7thStranger said:

I wish that were the case, but I don't see that here and never really have. Pink has always been a force to be reckoned with here in a way that most other pop stars aren't. Apart from Pink and Helen Fischer, I'm not sure who else (in recent years) has reached and maintained that level of success here. I was thankful that I was able to get Renaissance at a MediaMarkt on release. With Pink, if I wanted to buy one of her new albums (no thanks), doubt would have never even crossed my mind. You know they would stock a million copies. :michael:

Again, I agree she has more commercial success here in Germany, however a Beyonce on the streets of Berlin would certainly result in a bigger frenzy than Pink. Thats why your comment regarding Pinks fame and comparing her to Thee Madonna doesnt make any sense

Edited by *-ChriZ-*

7 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Again, I agree she has more commercial success here in Germany, however a Beyonce on the streets of Berlin would certainly result in a bigger frenzy than Pink. Thats why your comment regarding Pinks fame and comparing her to Thee Madonna doesnt make any sense

Then that's simply where we disagree. We just have a different perception. But "delusional"? Komm schon.

The are both pretty big in Europe. Why do we even compare them. They are totally different Popstars.

1 minute ago, The7thStranger said:

Then that's simply where we disagree. We just have a different perception. But "delusional"? Komm schon.

Are u from a village in Bavaria or from Saxonia? I could see Pink being bigger there lol shes certainly a style icon there :rip:

Edited by *-ChriZ-*

5 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Are u from a village in Bavaria or from Saxonia? I could see Pink being bigger there lol shes certainly a style icon there :rip:

camille_grammer-1.gif&sp=1677572750Ta784

55 minutes ago, Taemira said:

she's the bigger act there. simple as that.

She’s not. Maybe you could argue for other countries in europe but not the UK

51 minutes ago, The7thStranger said:

I literally own zero Pink albums and own all of Beyoncé's apart from Sasha Fierce. I'm just reporting what I see. Again, Pink's level of success has nothing to do with Beyoncé's. She's still very successful here. I just think that Pink appeals to the GP in a way that very few other girls in pop do. :rip:

Her music wasn’t charting well in Germany from IASF until recently, so we’ll see how the tours do to really compare in specific countries. Also I’m not sure pink really appeals to the GP anymore, her streaming numbers on her latest releases are bad according to some of the users in this thread, physicals are more fanbase driven nowadays. Basically, I feel bey may have outlasted her even though she dipped in success for a few years, we’ll see :celestial5:

Edited by bijonse

2 hours ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Stopped reading here.

The DELUSION.

By who? There are a lot of countries in Europe where her music isn't even that succesful

What are you guys even going back and forth about?

P!nk sold more, cool for her. That’s the end.

3 hours ago, The7thStranger said:

Pink's level of fame in Europe is at Madonna level

I'm SCREAMING.

3 hours ago, The7thStranger said:

What kinda lies :hoetenks: what kinda lies.

53 minutes ago, Axelios said:

By who? There are a lot of countries in Europe where her music isn't even that succesful

Arguably by most people around the globe. U can argue all u want about who u prefer musically, who hits the zeitgeist, etc, but if u had to pick one pop artist that carries the torch of Madonna/MJ, I BET people would mostly mention Beyonce.

She just oozes that je-ne-sais-quoi. Shes ur favs artist fav for a reason. When she enters a building, Hollywood basically bows to her, something that just happened to the legends like MJ