P!nk's TRUSTFALL outsold Beyoncé's Renaissance in the UK. Why?

Liafen

3 hours ago, Axelios said:

She isn't close to MJ and Madonna global fame and popularity. 

But nobody claimed her success and popularity are directly proportionate to theirs. Just that she represents for the newer generations what MJ and Madonna represented for the older generations. Which she most definitely is, no other artists nowadays is held in as high regards. 

10 minutes ago, foreverwinter13 said:

They act like their fave has the biggest sales of all current pop gurls

Literally WHO said that? Please quote 1 (one) single post from a Beyonce fan claiming that :deadbanana:

The way you guys created your own fake narratives to try to push whatever agenda is pathetic 

:rip:

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Liafen

• Lovett

• bijonse

• Virtual_Insanity

47 minutes ago, Underdogs said:

The arrogance and delusion of a large majority of Beyoncé stans in here when P!nk had a better opening week... :deadbanana2:Don't wanna imagine how they'll act if and when REN outsells TRUSTFALL. 

Trustfall is gonna be very front loaded, don’t set pink up like this :celestial5:

14 minutes ago, bijonse said:

Trustfall is gonna be very front loaded, don’t set pink up like this :celestial5:

I already said Renaissance is likely to outsell TRUSTFALL in the long run :celestial5:

8 minutes ago, Underdogs said:

I already said Renaissance is likely to outsell TRUSTFALL in the long run :celestial5:

Nnnn, I read it the wrong way. Anyways, the only girl that gets lashed by the hive is gaga because of how the monsters are obsessed with Beyoncé, pink is fine idk why the weird Beyoncé hater op tried it :celestial5:

Edited by bijonse

2 hours ago, Axelios said:

Beyonce solo career began in 2003, 3 years before Taylor Swift and 3 years after P!nk.

Beyoncé was working as a solo artist in the 90s, alongside her group work. Just because she released her debut album as a solo artist in 2003, doesn't magically mean she didn't debut in the 90s and hasn't been working in the industry for 25 years. :skull:

1 hour ago, Richmond said:

Is Beyoncé a non factor in the UK? Wtf? :rip:

No. :skull: It's been pretty extensively explained that P!NK managed to eke out 6k more sales, due to the volume and availability of her physicals. Beyoncé barely released any here, unfortunately. She almost quadrupled P!NK's streams, however.

2 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Beyoncé was working as a solo artist in the 90s, alongside her group work. Just because she released her debut album as a solo artist in 2003, doesn't magically mean she didn't debut in the 90s and hasn't been working in the industry for 25 years. :skull:

No. :skull: It's been pretty extensively explained that P!NK managed to eke out 6k more sales, due to the volume and availability of her physicals. Beyoncé barely released any here, unfortunately. She almost quadrupled P!NK's streams, however.

My question was more so surrounding the fact Beyoncé opened up with 30K in a region like the UK… The UK population is 67M :rip:

4 minutes ago, Richmond said:

My question was more so surrounding the fact Beyoncé opened up with 30K in a region like the UK… The UK population is 67M :rip:

Sadly music sales have dropped drastically here over the years.

Can't you still bundle CDs with tour incentives in the UK? Pretty sure that's the answer...

On 2/25/2023 at 10:48 AM, Liafen said:

LGBT acrobat P!nk's ninth studio album debuted at the UK Album Charts summit with sales of 37,570 copies ... Whereas Global Legend Beyoncé and her very successful album, Renaissance debuted with 31,064 copies last year. That's more than a 20% difference in total...

How are you calculating a "more than" 20% difference between 37,570 copies and 31,064? This math seems wrong.

RENAISSANCE sold ~82.7% of the amount that Trustfall did, meaning the difference is ~17.3%, and the actual difference between them is only 6,506 copies.

Edited by swissman

3 hours ago, AxelFox said:

But nobody claimed her success and popularity are directly proportionate to theirs. Just that she represents for the newer generations what MJ and Madonna represented for the older generations. Which she most definitely is, no other artists nowadays is held in as high regards. 

Literally WHO said that? Please quote 1 (one) single post from a Beyonce fan claiming that :deadbanana:

The way you guys created your own fake narratives to try to push whatever agenda is pathetic 

:rip:

This!

ATRL in general will take a perception of a stanbase and then apply it to shading their fave any chance they get under the guise of "well they deserve it", all while using imaginary fights to justify it.

But also people are unable to comprehend how someone can be loved/seen as excellent/a legend if they don't have the #1 stats of all...they don't realize it doesn't work like that and if what it took was to be the #1 seller to be highly regarded, important, beloved, etc. then we'd have like... 1 legend.

19 minutes ago, swissman said:

How are you calculating a "more than" 20% difference between 37,570 copies and 31,064? This math seems wrong.

RENAISSANCE sold ~82.7% of the amount that Trustfall did, meaning the difference is ~17.3%, and the actual difference between them is only 6,506 copies.

:skull: honey 10% of renaissances numbers is 3100

20% is 6200

so Trustfall sold 1.2x the amount of Ren. Calculating percentages works both ways you know :skull: 

3 minutes ago, ONOPKA said:

:ahh:

i don't know much about algeBA but I know... 

Math Is Hard Addition GIF - Math Is Hard Addition Wrong ...

4 hours ago, Axelios said:

Beyonce solo career began in 2003

Beyoncé's solo album came out in 2003.

As a solo artist she made her first credited solo appearance in 1999 on song called After All is Said and Done that appeared on The Best Man soundtrack, as well having a feature on Missy Elliott's 1999 album Da Real World on a track called Crazy Feelings.

The first single/music video she appeared in as a solo artist was 2000's I Got That by Amil, and the following year she appeared again as a solo artist on MTV's Carmen: A Hip Hopera (2001) where she played the title role.

In 2002 she appeared on Jay-Z's '03 Bonnie & Clyde and that same year she put out her first single that was not a feature/duet, Work It Out.

Of course, none of these things made her the superstar she became in 2003, but she was actively working as a solo artist since 1999 and quite frankly, cutting out the entirety of her work with Destiny's Child, especially as the lead singer, creative force and face of the group just to be able to say she debuted in the industry 5 years later is quite unfair. By the time her debut album came out, she had sung lead on four #1 hits, and four other top tens (only one of which was lower than #3).

Edited by swissman

9 pages when we all know P!nk is going to lose in the end and is only up 6k despite heavy promo :gaycat7:

52 minutes ago, Body Talk said:

Can't you still bundle CDs with tour incentives in the UK? Pretty sure that's the answer...

you cant

Why is this reminding me of when the Monsters were getting endless kiis at the Week 1 Renaissance Spotify numbers and then were knocked back to reality once Week 2 started. 

1 minute ago, Aramis said:

I'll leave this here. End of thread.

:chick2: Pink sold 2.5m more albums as the Quick Lil Singles.gif chanteuse? WOW, thanks for the info!

3 minutes ago, Liafen said:

:chick2: Pink sold 2.5m more albums as the Quick Lil Singles.gif chanteuse? WOW, thanks for the info!

Yep, Beyoncé is the 4th biggest female solo artist of all time in UK and 2nd with DC numbers. I know it's hard for some people when a black artist sometime wins, but just deal with it :heart2:

36 minutes ago, Liafen said:

:skull: honey 10% of renaissances numbers is 3100

20% is 6200

so Trustfall sold 1.2x the amount of Ren. Calculating percentages works both ways you know :skull: 

Ah I see. Noted.

There's really no need to be so belittling though, I asked a question about how you calculated it. I merely did it the reverse way which I see is incorrect.

Edited by swissman

But now that we're talking calculations and we have the formulas correct...

The streaming difference is more than 250% in favour of RENAISSNACE.

Or put another way, Trustfall got less than 30% of the streams that RENAISSANCE did.

Edited by swissman