P!nk's TRUSTFALL outsold Beyoncé's Renaissance in the UK. Why?

Liafen

1 minute ago, Mr. Stratus said:

Beys team are smart. She had at first the last album track on TTH for 3 days, along with BMS (which is discounted) then they swapped to Alien Superstar(?) and then church girl was on HHUK. I can’t remember the specifics, but that’s spreading the wealth and would help with that rule rather than putting 3

strongest on both HHUK/TTH.

I'm confused about what your argument is supposed to be here. That for a couple of days she provided playlisting for a handful of album tracks? And you think that "helped her out massively"? :skull: Did it also help her stay at #1 for her second week? Or top 3 for her third week? That's not promo, that just playlisting like every artist gets - including P!NK who has multiple songs currently on HHUK.

If Bey's team were so smart, they would've actually gotten physicals together as the UK is a much larger market for that. Instead, they stunted her sales potential significantly. Meanwhile, P!NK's team was firing out variants and she was going around the country promoting heavily.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Liafen

• Lovett

• bijonse

• Virtual_Insanity

i'm genuinely surprised, i had no idea p!nk was that big in the uk, good for her but the album is trash.

17 hours ago, prézli said:

Beyoncé is 41, P!nk is 43. Don't tell me their fanbases are not in the same age.

p!nk's demographic is definitely older, bey has lots of gen-z fans (hence her streaming being much bigger whereas p!nk selling more CDs).

1 hour ago, MrLovett said:

I'm confused about what your argument is supposed to be here. That for a couple of days she provided playlisting for a handful of album tracks? And you think that "helped her out massively"? :skull: Did it also help her stay at #1 for her second week? Or top 3 for her third week? That's not promo, that just playlisting like every artist gets - including P!NK who has multiple songs currently on HHUK.

If Bey's team were so smart, they would've actually gotten physicals together as the UK is a much larger market for that. Instead, they stunted her sales potential significantly. Meanwhile, P!NK's team was firing out variants and she was going around the country promoting heavily.

Literally the UK chart rules say the top 3 tracks aren’t counted, and her team exposes and swapped multiple tracks on HHUK/TTH. The track 14 being on TTH was especially smart, because most people don’t get to the end on an album - track 1 for example gets  a lot of streams already. Those type of rules in the UK  favour someone like Taylor who has album tracks doing more than singles. So yes the way like 5 songs have been swapped and changed on TTH/HHUK is relevant here 

Also this undershipped physicals seems like an excuse, I haven’t heard this before :giraffe: the fact is P!nk is up there too with longevity and smash tours Witt Beyoncé. She’s certainly not Xtina/Britney… and yes Rena will have more longevity but TRUSTFALL is another example of legend being legend 

1 minute ago, Mr. Stratus said:

Literally the UK chart rules say the top 3 tracks aren’t counted, and her team exposes and swapped multiple tracks on HHUK/TTH. The track 14 being on TTH was especially smart, because most people don’t get to the end on an album - track 1 for example gets  a lot of streams already. Those type of rules in the UK  favour someone like Taylor who has album tracks doing more than singles. So yes the way like 5 songs have been swapped and changed on TTH/HHUK is relevant here 

Also this undershipped physicals seems like an excuse, I haven’t heard this before :giraffe: the fact is P!nk is up there too with longevity and smash tours Witt Beyoncé. She’s certainly not Xtina/Britney… and yes Rena will have more longevity but TRUSTFALL is another example of legend being legend 

I just want to check, you know that her team didn't "swap multiple tracks on HHUK/TTH" during the release week, right? Upon the album release, only BMS (the current single) and SUMMER RENAISSANCE (the song they were planning as the next single) were on TTH. So this narrative is just straight-up false. I'd also like to see some evidence of song rotation on HHUK, which is the actual impactful playlist in the UK.

Also, I didn't say that they under-shipped physicals, I said that they weren't available. It was a pretty big sticking point for the Hive in the first week, as we knew it would impact her sales in the UK. Hence the stark difference in physical sales between Bey and P!NK. It's not an excuse, just the actual reason why P!NK was able to sell 6k more than Bey, despite achieving approx. 1/4 of her streaming units.

12 minutes ago, momal said:

No because P!nk is an album seller unlike Beyonce who became a singles artist. 

You know this isn't going to age well, so why would you post it? :rip:

20 hours ago, Blue Monday said:

Let's see if people are still discussing P!nk's album the way ATRL talks about any of Beyoncé's albums next year, or better yet in 6 months

this doesnt mean anything. who gives a **** about atrl

11 minutes ago, Ayanaa said:

this doesnt mean anything. who gives a **** about atrl

The comment went right over your head; NOBODY is going to be thinking about St!nk’s K Mart album in a month’s time. 

It's true that P!nk did promote in the UK which helped her in securing some extra sales but the real promo in streaming age is investing in playlists. RCA didn't even do the bare minimum. For comparison here is their peak playlist reach during album release week

RENAISSANCE

1. BREAK MY SOUL: 216M
  2. CUFF IT: 98M
  3. SUMMER RENAISSANCE: 98M
  4. CHURCH GIRL: 72M
  5. ALIEN SUPERSTAR: 51M
  6. PLASTIC OFF THE SOFA: 36M
  7. ENERGY: 34M
  8. I'M THAT GIRL: 33M
  9. COZY: 32M
  10. PURE/HONEY: 30M
  11. MOVE: 30M
  12. VIRGO'S GROOVE: 30M
  13. THIQUE: 29M
  14. HEATED: 25M
  15. ALL UP IN YOUR MIND: 8.5M
  16. AMERICA HAS A PROBLEM: 8M

TRUSTFALL

1. TRUSTFALL: 68M
  2. Never Gonna Not Dance Again: 55M
  3. When I Get There: 31M
  4. Kids in Love: 4.5M
  5. Just Say I'm Sorry: 2M
  6. Our Song: 1M
  7. Long Way To Go: 400k
  8. Hate Me: 360k
  9. Turbulence: 45k
  10. Last Call 22k
  11. Feel Something: 15k
  12. Lost Cause: 14k
  13. Runaway: N/A

:skull: 

12 hours ago, Kingdom said:

beyonce just sold out 5 stadium dates in one stadium in london alone....you better pray pink does not tumble the following weeks

The capacity of Tottenham is thousands less and being a new state of the art stadium it actually feels surprisingly intimate for a venue of that size compared to Wembley or Twickenham. I wouldn’t hate being seated for shows there.

Anyway the point being Bey *would* have to book a more extensive run at that venue to make the equivalent of — or exceed — what she would have made playing two or three nights at Wembley as she and P!nk have both done in the past.

P!nk, who also has one of the longest sold out residencies ever at the 02 to her name and is playing Hyde Park this summer, could very much do a multi night stadium run in the same venue if that what was available to her / her team decided to book.

OT: Honestly kinda surprised she outsold first week, but that’s what Bey deserves for serving crickets when she drops music.

It’s very interesting to see that the current drama about Pink only exists on ATRL while people from the real world are enjoying her music :heart2:

17 minutes ago, Underdogs said:

It's true that P!nk did promote in the UK which helped her in securing some extra sales but the real promo in streaming age is investing in playlists. RCA didn't even do the bare minimum. For comparison here is their peak playlist reach during album release week

RENAISSANCE

1. BREAK MY SOUL: 216M
  2. CUFF IT: 98M
  3. SUMMER RENAISSANCE: 98M
  4. CHURCH GIRL: 72M
  5. ALIEN SUPERSTAR: 51M
  6. PLASTIC OFF THE SOFA: 36M
  7. ENERGY: 34M
  8. I'M THAT GIRL: 33M
  9. COZY: 32M
  10. PURE/HONEY: 30M
  11. MOVE: 30M
  12. VIRGO'S GROOVE: 30M
  13. THIQUE: 29M
  14. HEATED: 25M
  15. ALL UP IN YOUR MIND: 8.5M
  16. AMERICA HAS A PROBLEM: 8M

TRUSTFALL

1. TRUSTFALL: 68M
  2. Never Gonna Not Dance Again: 55M
  3. When I Get There: 31M
  4. Kids in Love: 4.5M
  5. Just Say I'm Sorry: 2M
  6. Our Song: 1M
  7. Long Way To Go: 400k
  8. Hate Me: 360k
  9. Turbulence: 45k
  10. Last Call 22k
  11. Feel Something: 15k
  12. Lost Cause: 14k
  13. Runaway: N/A

:skull: 

Oh please. She never would have streamed what Bey did in the first week with the same playlisting. Pinks team did the research. They know her market will skew more towards pure sales and invested in a more physical/traditional promo run. 

That's really surprising. :chick2:

P!nk did promo here and U.K. radio loves her. I heard like 10 of her songs on KISS (or Heart idk) Radio yesterday alone and they were heavily promoting her new album. They even brought up her Madonna and Xtina feud :rip:

The album most likely won’t have legs though judging by the lack of streaming power so this thread is useless :rip:

2 hours ago, Jessie said:

The capacity of Tottenham is thousands less and being a new state of the art stadium it actually feels surprisingly intimate for a venue of that size compared to Wembley or Twickenham. I wouldn’t hate being seated for shows there.

Anyway the point being Bey *would* have to book a more extensive run at that venue to make the equivalent of — or exceed — what she would have made playing two or three nights at Wembley as she and P!nk have both done in the past.

P!nk, who also has one of the longest sold out residencies ever at the 02 to her name and is playing Hyde Park this summer, could very much do a multi night stadium run in the same venue if that what was available to her / her team decided to book.

OT: Honestly kinda surprised she outsold first week, but that’s what Bey deserves for serving crickets when she drops music.

Not actually true tbh, Tottenham has a capacity of 62,000. Assuming bey does at least 60k (which i predict she will fill the entire stadium), with 5 dates that is 300,0000 tickets sold alone in London, which is insane. With wembley both her and pink did about 71,000 for each night, with 5 dates that is 284,000 tickets, which is still less than 300,000 she sold out at Tottenham. Not many people can have a consecutive 5 straights nights in any stadium, esp in London. 

12 minutes ago, Kingdom said:

Not actually true tbh, Tottenham has a capacity of 62,000. Assuming bey does at least 60k (which i predict she will fill the entire stadium), with 5 dates that is 300,0000 tickets sold alone in London, which is insane. With wembley both her and pink did about 71,000 for each night, with 5 dates that is 284,000 tickets, which is still less than 300,000 she sold out at Tottenham. Not many people can have a consecutive 5 straights nights in any stadium, esp in London. 

60k is what I think it is without the stage and everything, with the stage I think it’s like 45k

1 minute ago, Kingdom said:

Hmm I would say 225k to 250k feels more realistic tbh had she played two nights like last time it would have been a push to move 100,000 at that venue tbh which would have massively underserved the market.

62,000 is full seating capacity for football games whereas concert shows are always less due to staging, especially staging that has multiple runways / b-sections etc which also further limits standing.

Either way her team would require more nights there to fully capture demand / grow profit from the last tour. It also doesn’t hurt to have a press release having a multi night run at a brand new stadium as a flex. 

BMS and cuff it went top ten in the UK and Renaissance is multi week number one. Beyoncé just beat out younger artists for best international artist over there at the Brit’s. She’s much bigger than pink in the UK all things considered lmao

12 minutes ago, Jessie said:

Hmm I would say 225k to 250k feels more realistic tbh had she played two nights like last time it would have been a push to move 100,000 at that venue tbh which would have massively underserved the market.

62,000 is full seating capacity for football games whereas concert shows are always less due to staging, especially staging that has multiple runways / b-sections etc which also further limits standing.

Either way her team would require more nights there to fully capture demand / grow profit from the last tour. It also doesn’t hurt to have a press release having a multi night run at a brand new stadium as a flex. 

True, even if she lets say did 50,000 tickets each show it would be 250k tickets for 5 nights. With wembley if she did her 70k like last time for 4 nights that would have been 280k tickets. So she would have just done one show less at wembley. But either way i think she is going to have another leg and go to italy and some newer shows in the UK and might actually go to wembley. 

But either way, it is very impressive what she is doing. Selling out 5 stadium shows in one venue is insane.

Both Beyoncé and P!nk are huge stars in the UK and have been for decades now. Beyoncé has the two bigger hits recently with BMS and Cuff It but P!nk is still charting within the Top 20 herself and has a great reputation as a live performer. She also had a very efficient press tour for this cycle which is something I would like to see Bey attempt again with her next major release, because there’s being selective with her words and public appearances and there’s well, nothing.

because the Beyonce vinyl was not on shelves to buy in the UK

she scalped Pink in stream and will outsell overall sis

17 minutes ago, Kingdom said:

True, even if she lets say did 50,000 tickets each show it would be 250k tickets for 5 nights. With wembley if she did her 70k like last time for 4 nights that would have been 280k tickets. So she would have just done one show less at wembley. But either way i think she is going to have another leg and go to italy and some newer shows in the UK and might actually go to wembley. 

But either way, it is very impressive what she is doing. Selling out 5 stadium shows in one venue is insane.

There’s no doubt Beyoncé has insane demand here for live shows.

Two legends that can sell, most of their fellow peers can't relate

Beyoncé will prevail cause you wont believe your eyes at how much frontloaded the new Pink album is going to be :rip: