P!nk's TRUSTFALL outsold Beyoncé's Renaissance in the UK. Why?

Liafen

2 minutes ago, swissman said:

Ah I see. Noted.

There's really no need to be so belittling though, I asked a question about how you calculated it. I merely did it the reverse way which I see is incorrect now but come on.

It's literally 3rd grade math though. It should be self-explanatory how I calculated it. :rip: but i'll remove the sig for you

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Liafen

• Lovett

• bijonse

• Virtual_Insanity

19 minutes ago, Liafen said:

It's literally 3rd grade math though. It should be self-explanatory how I calculated it. :rip: but i'll remove the sig for you

oh you put it in your signature? I didn't know that.

be it a 3rd grade mistake or not, I wasn't acting 3rd grade in how I asked the question. I came maturely to ask how you calculated the difference because the quick calculation I did (which I admit put the numbers in the wrong order) came out differently. It's really that simple, which is why I don't feel belittling and making a signature out of one small calculation error is quite warranted.

13 minutes ago, swissman said:

oh you put it in your signature? I didn't know that.

be it a 3rd grade mistake or not, I wasn't acting 3rd grade in how I asked the question. I came maturely to ask how you calculated the difference because the quick calculation I did (which I admit put the numbers in the wrong order) came out differently. It's really that simple, which is why I don't feel belittling and making a signature out of one small calculation error is quite warranted.

Dude, if I were you, after overcoming the embarrassment of making such an error I'd laugh it off with an 'I'm so dumb :skull:' comment or a funny gif instead of serving this higher-than-thou attitude to save face. You asked an immensely dumb, sig-worthy question (which, with that 'This math seems wrong' and elaborate explanation of the reverse math seemed like you wanted to pull a gotcha moment - I'm not going to debate intentionts, but that's what it seemed to me) and I laughed about it. It's not like you asked some serious question for which the answer is hard to attain, it's literally one step harder than addition and substraction. So the question itself is laughable. Let it go.

Edited by Liafen

when we drag Pink like the way we have been clocking monsters at the end... will be really cute 

The acrobat will have to deal with those threats and her 9 fans here too 

2 hours ago, swissman said:

But now that we're talking calculations and we have the formulas correct...

The streaming difference is more than 250% in favour of RENAISSNACE.

Or put another way, Trustfall got less than 30% of the streams that RENAISSANCE did.

The mental gymnastics.  The sales figure is combined from all metrics which is what the thread is about and Pink stomped on Bey's first week. 

Deal with it. 

To be quite honest, Renaissance as an album only did moderately in the UK, it had plummetted to 100 on week 25 before resurging but it is now dropping away again fast. 

6 minutes ago, bijonse said:

The bump next week :ahh:

But the thread is not about next week. IT is about this week and first week numbers. 

Stay on topic. 

5 hours ago, MrLovett said:

Beyoncé was working as a solo artist in the 90s, alongside her group work. Just because she released her debut album as a solo artist in 2003, doesn't magically mean she didn't debut in the 90s and hasn't been working in the industry for 25 years. :skull:

No. :skull: It's been pretty extensively explained that P!NK managed to eke out 6k more sales, due to the volume and availability of her physicals. Beyoncé barely released any here, unfortunately. She almost quadrupled P!NK's streams, however.

No one who compiles any lists considers solo Beyonce as "someone who debuted in the 90s"

She is a 2000s artist when it comes to solo output. 

3 hours ago, Body Talk said:

Can't you still bundle CDs with tour incentives in the UK? Pretty sure that's the answer...

You never could actually. Tour bundles were only a US thing. In fact the UK charts are extremely strict on what counts. 

2 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

The mental gymnastics.  The sales figure is combined from all metrics which is what the thread is about and Pink stomped on Bey's first week. 

Deal with it. 

To be quite honest, Renaissance as an album only did moderately in the UK, it had plummetted to 100 on week 25 before resurging but it is now dropping away again fast. 

The OP lists the difference in total sales as well as for pure sales (and put those details in bold to make them more visible) but did not mention the difference in streams. What I wrote isn't mental gymnastics, it's filling a detail that was not present in the otherwise informative post. I wouldn't call that "mental gymnastics" but if that's what you'd prefer to do, go right ahead.

16 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

No one who compiles any lists considers solo Beyonce as "someone who debuted in the 90s"

Calm your nerve kiddo. It's not that serious lol

14 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

That's nice. She still factually debuted in the 90s and began working as solo artist in the 90s, alongside her work in the group.

22 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

The sales figure is combined from all metrics which is what the thread is about and Pink stomped on Bey's first week. 

Deal with it. 

Stomped on Bey's first week? Beyoncé almost quadrupled her streaming units and P!NK managed to scrape a 6k lead due to the availability of physicals. :skull: Meanwhile, Beyoncé remained at #1 for a second week, whilst P!NK is predicted to fall to #4. Nice try.

3 hours ago, swissman said:

How are you calculating a "more than" 20% difference between 37,570 copies and 31,064? This math seems wrong.

RENAISSANCE sold ~82.7% of the amount that Trustfall did, meaning the difference is ~17.3%, and the actual difference between them is only 6,506 copies.

The only maths that is wrong is yours I fear:

The calculation is as follows to get 20 percent more: 

(31064/100)X120 = 37,276

Pink sold 37,570 -  ergo more than 20 percent. ( as stated by the OP) 

2 hours ago, Liafen said:

Dude, if I were you, after overcoming the embarrassment of making such an error I'd laugh it off with an 'I'm so dumb :skull:' comment or a funny gif instead of serving this higher-than-thou attitude to save face. You asked an immensely dumb, sig-worthy question (which, with that 'This math seems wrong' and elaborate explanation of the reverse math seemed like you wanted to pull a gotcha moment - I'm not going to debate intentionts, but that's what it seemed to me) and I laughed about it. It's not like you asked some serious question for which the answer is hard to attain, it's literally one step harder than addition and substraction. So the question itself is laughable. Let it go.

Now that is sig worthy. :clap3:

And I agree on everything you said. 

8 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

That's nice. She still factually debuted in the 90s and began working as solo artist in the 90s, alongside her work in the group.

Stomped on Bey's first week? Beyoncé almost quadrupled her streaming units and P!NK managed to scrape a 6k lead due to the availability of physicals. :skull: Meanwhile, Beyoncé remained at #1 for a second week, whilst P!NK is predicted to fall to #4. Nice try.

Yes she stomped on her first week. 37k versus 31k.  Deal with it. 

This thread has nothing to do with where the sales came from or what Pink is "predicted" to fall to in week 2. 

Beyonce HAD physicals available. Stop inventing things to make excuses. Beyonce's first week numbers in the UK were underwhelming and I feel like the Hive secretly know that but have not come to terms with it to say it in public yet. 

Just now, Virtual_Insanity said:

Yes she stomped on her first week. 37k versus 31k.  Deal with it. 

This thread has nothing to do with where the sales came from or what Pink is "predicted" to fall to in week 2. 

Beyonce HAD physicals available. Stop inventing things to make excuses. Beyonce's first week numbers in the UK were underwhelming and I feel like the Hive secretly know that but have not come to terms with it to say it in public yet. 

6k isn't stomping, it's barely passing. :toofunny3: P!NK had many physical variants and versions available, unlike Beyoncé. She promoted and focused on physical sales, which is shown by the abysmal streaming units and the fact that she's predicted to fall this week to #4, whilst Beyoncé stayed for a second week on top.

So I guess you'll just have to keep seething about it. :heart2:

39 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

But the thread is not about next week. IT is about this week and first week numbers. 

Stay on topic. 

First week numbers that don’t mean what the OP is trying to imply :celestial5:

1 minute ago, MrLovett said:

6k isn't stomping, it's barely passing. :toofunny3: P!NK had many physical variants and versions available, unlike Beyoncé. She promoted and focused on physical sales, which is shown by the abysmal streaming units and the fact that she's predicted to fall this week to #4, whilst Beyoncé stayed for a second week on top.

So I guess you'll just have to keep seething about it. :heart2:

Nah sorry, barely passing would be like 20 copies more. Over 6.5k more is a chasm and it would take quite a lot of free streams for Beyonce to bridge that gap. 

Again, this thread has nothing to do with Week 2, it's about opening week numbers. 

Also this whole thing of "she promoted" is so lame. Do you think that is some sort of a drag or something ? 

Just now, bijonse said:

First week numbers that don’t mean what the OP is trying to imply :celestial5:

The OP has simply stated that Trustfall oursold Renaissance in Week 1 in the UK. 

There is nothing "implied", it is stated in basic english. 

Nah sorry, barely passing would be like 20 copies more. Over 6.5k more is a chasm and it would take quite a lot of free streams for Beyonce to bridge that gap. 

Again, this thread has nothing to do with Week 2, it's about opening week numbers. 

Also this whole thing of "she promoted" is so lame. Do you think that is some sort of a drag or something ? 

That's adorable. 6k is barely a crevice, let alone a chasm. But it's fantastic for her that she managed to sell a few thousand more, after all the many variants, versions and heavy promotion she did. :clap3: Shame it was all concentrated in that first week and due to the abysmal streams, she's expected to drop to #4. Unlike Beyoncé who remained at #1 for a second week. :fan:

The OP has simply stated that Trustfall oursold Renaissance in Week 1 in the UK. 

There is nothing "implied", it is stated in basic english. 

There is something implied. You’re being obtuse on purpose, especially because it’s already been broken down and explained what units accounted for what in the total

43 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

Stay on topic. 

Because you know how embarrassing you and this thread would look :bibliahh:

8 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

6k isn't stomping, it's barely passing. :toofunny3: 

It's more than a 20% difference. I know 6,000 copies may not seem like a lot when we're accustomed to discussing US numbers that tend to be much larger, but in the context of 31k vs 37k, it is for sure not just 'barely passing.' Trustfall shifted an additional one fifth of Renaissance's opening week copies. 

7 minutes ago, bijonse said:

There is something implied. You’re being obtuse on purpose, especially because it’s already been broken down and explained what units accounted for what in the total

It's irrelevant where the units come from. 

The total is the total. 

37000 V's 31000.