Mariah more streams than Madonna, Celine, Whitney, etc. in 2023, why? Youtube too!

suburbannature

I keep hearing that Mariah is only relevant in Xmas and yet she's out-streaming all of the 80s and 90s divas on Spotify. Madonna just sold out the pre-sale for her world tour. Whitney received a big streaming bump from the new biopic that still couldn't put her above Mariah in streams.

Mariah surpassed Madonna on Spotify back in September of last year and led her until the end of the year. The two have only been separated by a few thousand streams all year with Madonna very slightly ahead until now. But why, it's not Christmas?

Anyone know why this is? 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stevyy

• suburbannature

• Chris

• Virtual_Insanity

I don't know why people act as if she's only known for Christmas when she's had multiple songs go viral on TikTok + WBT having great recurrent streams. Her catalogue has simply transitioned better into this music market than her peers and that's that :swan:

I don't care about these girlies, but it's weird that you all include a dead girl in these weird stan wars. 

• Like 1

Just now, Baby Judas said:

I don't care about these girlies, but it's weird that you all include a dead girl in these weird stan wars. 

Try reading that title one more time. I believe in you, babes. 

1 minute ago, Baby Judas said:

dont do madonna like that

• Haha 1

People are STILL streaming AIWFCIY? :huh:

1 minute ago, Oktober Knight said:

People are STILL streaming AIWFCIY? :huh:

Less than 100k, I fear

michael-jackson.thumb.gif.a421d54062c532

Just now, Mitsouko said:

Don't they leapfrog over each other all year? What's the pernt of this

I just want to know why a Christmas fad is out-performing the 80s/90s girlies. Nothing about any of those girls in particular though I see some hurt dogs hollering above you.

Roman Holiday

Gen Z can’t get enough of Ava Max, so they’re streaming the Ava Max of the 90s

Out-streaming Madonna for the first day in a whole month and you RUNNING to make this thread

Anyway, this is lead credit, something that can easily be played with. Once you include features Madonna's streams are higher (idk how much Mariah's are, but it's worth checking) for instance Madge is only included as a feature for Me Against The Music and other songs while Mariah is credited as lead for stuff like IKWYW which does 200k+ daily.

Just now, Jjang said:

Out-streaming Madonna for the first day in a whole month and you RUNNING to make this thread

Anyway, this is lead credit, something that can easily be played with. Once you include features Madonna's streams are higher (idk how much Mariah's are, but it's worth checking) for instance Madge is only included as a feature for Me Against The Music and other songs while Mariah is credited as lead for stuff like IKWYW which does 200k+ daily.

Why is the lady you called an Xmas fad out-streaming your fave for even a day in February?

So, in summary of your second point, Mariah's music is out-streaming. How much is MATM doing daily? Do you think Mariah has never been featured on a song? Interesting questions you've provoked here!

Isn't It's A Wrap viral right now? 

I think Madonna will pass her when tour starts, the gap is so small

Whitney had like 8 less Albums than Mariah, maybe Madonna will overtake once the tour starts. 

This thread is so pathetic. So what now? The Madonna stans will make a similar thread as soon as Madonna overtakes Mariah again - which could be tomorrow, or the next day, or the day after.... :deadbanana2:

Just now, FightDragonsWithMe said:

Whitney had like 8 less Albums than Mariah, maybe Madonna will overtake once the tour starts. 

6 less. 

3 minutes ago, Jjang said:

I’m not sure if that will make a difference. The day previous they only had around 50k less streams than what this Madonna fan page said.

spacer.png

Just now, MadOnHer said:

This thread is so pathetic. So what now? The Madonna stans will make a similar thread as soon as Madonna overtakes Mariah again - which could be tomorrow, or the next day, or the day after.... :deadbanana2:

you mean like this? 

1 minute ago, suburbannature said:

6 less. 

That hardly changes the fact Mariah has more music to be streamed than Whitney :bird:

26 minutes ago, Cotton said:

I don't know why people act as if she's only known for Christmas when she's had multiple songs go viral on TikTok + WBT having great recurrent streams. Her catalogue has simply transitioned better into this music market than her peers and that's that :swan:

AlsoWBT BEING THE THEME FOR SOCCOTR HAS ME SCREAMING!!! AHH

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.